Player Discussion Brett Howden

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, can say I never heard the mentioned once by anyone in the league, or who follows Moose Jaw, or the Lightening, or the WHL until this conversation. Nor have I found it to be true, and I've followed Howden for several years.
Yea so I guess him getting banged up all the time this season means nothing. Did you actually watch him often or nah? Think i'll go with the guy who watches 40 games thanks.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If I were to guess Lettieri's going to get another shot--possibility though that the Rangers will look at Meskanen or go back to Lias. I don't think the Rangers mind Strome in the middle though and that might work against Lias.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yea so I guess him getting banged up all the time this season means nothing. Did you actually watch him often or nah? Think i'll go with the guy who watches 40 games thanks.

He missed one game before spraining his knee on hit last night. One game.

I've probably seen over 100 of his WHL games over a half-decade period of time. I've seen him play internationally and in the playoffs and in tournaments and other settings.

This is literally the first time it's ever come up, anywhere, in any conversation I've had.

I've never heard anyone really share that belief, other than the one season ticket holder you mentioned. I don't really know what to tell you. :dunno:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Andersson has been good at literally every level but the NHL. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Unless he's slowed down significantly in the AHL.

Underwhelming.... and his play in the AHL of late is meh. That's not "bad" but it's nothing to get excited about. He sill has a ways to go developing to the AHL level, maybe a matter of getting used to things at the AHL/NHL level. But he could be similar to like Gurianov or someone who needed/needs more years to develop at a lower level. Where as I think Howden has looked effective at the NHL level, not something I saw from Andersson and not something he's showing in the consistently. I think "underwhelming" is a fair description.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Underwhelming.... and his play in the AHL of late is meh. That's not "bad" but it's nothing to get excited about. He sill has a ways to go developing to the AHL level, maybe a matter of getting used to things at the AHL/NHL level. But he could be similar to like Gurianov or someone who needed/needs more years to develop at a lower level. Where as I think Howden has looked effective at the NHL level, not something I saw from Andersson and not something he's showing in the consistently. I think "underwhelming" is a fair description.
howden has not looked effective in 3 months.....people on here crucify anderson and buch when howden has been invisible since the 10th game of the season..

Reactions: Ori

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
howden has not looked effective in 3 months.....people on here crucify anderson and buch when howden has been invisible since the 10th game of the season..

Yes, Howden has dropped off a great deal. But he looked very effective in the beginning and its obvious what he's capable of. I thought he needed rest for that time and he was not catching anyone off-guard anymore.

No one is crucifying Andersson, you are needlessly defending him. He hasn't shown near as much at the NHL level in limited opportunity and he isn't playing SO well in the AHL where I would put him ahead of Howden at this moment. That could easily change. But so far I have preferred what I have seen from Howden, even if he has declined in the past few months. I still think either oneor both of Howden or Andersson will eventually be regular top 6 players with the Rangers. At the moment if I had to choose though, or let's say bet, I would bet on Howden.

Buch has looked meh since he arrived. Not a fan of his at all regardless of his offensive potential. He's too one dimensional and seems to give inconsistent effort and focus. I honestly pray the Rangers trade him in the near future.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Yes true, he should be sent down earlier to AHL for sure when he hit the rookie wall.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's going to play a lot post TDL. Probably 16-17 minutes a night.
qXi6VuE.jpg

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
scoring a point per game in the remaining AHL games this season would be really good for him as well as Chytil and Andersson.

Reactions: Rongomania

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Today is Sunday, welcome back Howdy Doodie!

FYI, the tank is on and is very heavy, so we will sink being that we aren't on any kind of solid foundation.
But.......on the positive side, yohr "wall" has been torn down.
Its a new season for you, to get back on your feet. Play hard, play fearless.......show the Rangers brass, that YOU are a big part of their future!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
How is this a hard decision like Brooks says ? .... Howden at C, Strome to the Wing and Smith sitting it Back to D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad