Player Discussion Brendan Smith

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I've disliked Smith for most of his tenure as a Ranger however this has been his steadiest year.

He's been fine for a third pair.

Lately he's made some bad choices and could probably use a game in the press box in favor Bitteto or TDL acquisition if that happens but it's not the end of the world.

I'm honestly fine with whatever his fate is: move him on Monday for a mid rounder and flip that along with one of their 800 other mid round picks for an upgrade, walk after this year, or resign him as a 7th D for next season.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I've disliked Smith for most of his tenure as a Ranger however this has been his steadiest year.

He's been fine for a third pair.

Lately he's made some bad choices and could probably use a game in the press box in favor Bitteto or TDL acquisition if that happens but it's not the end of the world.

I'm honestly fine with whatever his fate is: move him on Monday for a mid rounder and flip that along with one of their 800 other mid round picks for an upgrade, walk after this year, or resign him as a 7th D for next season.
Couldn't disagree more tbh

I've always liked Smith and appreciated how great of a guy he is and how he'll play any position and do anything for the team, but this season especially lately he has been absolutely brutal imo

Reactions: Off Sides

LyNX27

I'd like to see a steadier journeyman in his place next season. To fill the JJ/Smith role of eating minutes, steadiness, teaching the younger guys, and bringing some maturity to the line.

He was never going to turn down the overpayment he recieved and we tend to overpay D on the open market.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Couldn't disagree more tbh

I've always liked Smith and appreciated how great of a guy he is and how he'll play any position and do anything for the team, but this season especially lately he has been absolutely brutal imo

He was trash the first year after the contract with the weddings that he got sent to the minors, year after was whatever, last year he was a mediocre 4th liner that was pretty decent after Skjei got traded and had to play D, this year he's been fine.

The last two-three weeks he's been bad but not take one dumb penalty a game and complain to the refs bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad