Brendan Lemieux's head hit on Trocheck (Suspended 2 Games)

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Such a cowardly play. Not even brave enough to hit the player solidly, has to do this p***y drive by.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
A high hit on Matt Cooke is sure to gain sympathy around here
well yes. it's just a case in point that the nameplate probably has a significant effect on how an incident is punished. Double whammy for Benn on Cooke---star player hits known rat = no punishment at all.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Dirty dirty hit. Intentional to the max and embarrassing. This is one that every player in the league sees and their blood boils.

5+ games.

Reactions: egelband

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
In b4
"keep your head up Trocheck"
"Minor penalty at most, no suspension"
"Was expecting much worse after reading the title"

you forgot
"hit the shoulder first, head wasn't the primary point of contact"
"he's just too physical. that shouldn't be held against him"

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
you forgot
"hit the shoulder first, head wasn't the primary point of contact"
"he's just too physical. that shouldn't be held against him"

Except no one is saying that so you guys just look like your whining for no apparent reason other then the fact your post count went up.

Reactions: Afterburner

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Worst hit I’ve seen in a long time. He comes in blindside, and picks the head. I’m not sure how he could even try to spin this. I mean, Trocheck doesn’t turn or anything, and he’s not even close to taking the body. This should be 10+, even without a history

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
No, not the only team. Anaheim does a lot as well. Nashville and Boston also have a few guys that like to run around too.

My intention wasn’t to troll, I just get annoyed with coaches that encourage their players to take liberties. Jets are a physical team and one of the most penalized, they’re emotional and give out cheap shots when they can.

You obviously don’t know Maurice then because he honestly looked disgusted with Lemieux’s behavior. He definitely does not encourage head shots on opposing players.

When asked about the hit, he said the refs got the call right and I don’t doubt he’ll fully support whatever the DOPS decides.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Well, to be fair, looking at how much the Caps gave Wilson, it’s no surprise players are imitating.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg fans much more critical of this than Caps fans were of Shitbag’s hits. Good to see. At least the vocal ones.

Reactions: Cellee

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This is much worse than what Boroweicki got 3 games for. It was literally ONLY head contact, should be 5 games at least.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
These camera angles are blurry as hell from what Ive seen.

Did he chicken wing fly-by??

If so that is almost worse than a knee on knee when you turn your ankle outwards.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
he's going to get 40 games

department of player safety looks at history/lineage

Did someone say...lineage???

giphy.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad