Brendan Lemieux's head hit on Trocheck (Suspended 2 Games)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
He should get suspended. The shitty/funny thing is he will only get suspended because he's still a "no name" in the big leagues. You know if this was a star doing this it would be a fine.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Give him 20 games. Harsh lesson should be taught early in his career; hopefully prevent further injury to other star players. What's the latest on Trochek?

member 147413

Yup, only team in the league for sure. Thanks for the contribution. Definitely not intended to troll or start a flame war.
No, not the only team. Anaheim does a lot as well. Nashville and Boston also have a few guys that like to run around too.

My intention wasn’t to troll, I just get annoyed with coaches that encourage their players to take liberties. Jets are a physical team and one of the most penalized, they’re emotional and give out cheap shots when they can.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You can take me seriously because this is coming from a Jets fan.

I hope Lemieux gets, at the bare minimum, five games for this and the Jets send him down to the minors the moment his suspension is over. This shouldn't be in the NHL and that goal cost us the came.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
No it's pretty much the first hit this season I've seen that actually is worth handing out a suspension for. NHL should show this one to all the referees as a definition of "primarily hitting the head", and Cole's from last night should be used as an example of a perfect clean hit.

Of course it is.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
In a perfect world he gets the book thrown at him.

But due to the DOPS' "blindly throw it at a dart board" accuracy and not having been suspended before, I'm expecting 3-4 games.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He should get suspended. The ****ty/funny thing is he will only get suspended because he's still a "no name" in the big leagues. You know if this was a star doing this it would be a fine.

UKFroXo.gif

I do believe you are correct.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
he's going to get 40 games

department of player safety looks at history/lineage

Reactions: egelband

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
OH HELL!

I didn't see that during the game.

Absolutely inexcusable. 5 games as a first offender. More if he is a repeat offender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad