Brendan Lemieux's head hit on Trocheck (Suspended 2 Games)

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
That was arguably worse than Wilson's hit on Sundqvist.
Arguably? This was worse than any hit Wilson has made honestly. Literally a chicken wing fly by and the epitome of garbage. Wilson's hits are bang bang plays and ZAR saw him coming and even braced for it.

This is the worst/most stupid headshot we've seen in a while if you ask me. No questionable did he drive up, how much shoulder contact was there, is he shorter than the player, etc. Coming from a guy who loved 90s rivalries, I think 90% of hits get pathetic overreactions here. This was bad and plain stupid. He's going to get 5 games I bet.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
They are going in the direction of Toronto fans same mentality.

Unfortunately

Blah blah blah.

First that useless goon (Jets have better guys for that role if needed) got absolutely unnecessary high sticking penalty in the situation where Jets have momentum going on.

1G against followed.

Then this f***ing idiot continues his antics in way that an illiterate child would recognize a violation against rules, both their letter and spirit (not to mention the unwritten code), if his granny would've told a tale about such matters. Even his/her younger brother would recognize that there was nothing accidental in his actions. Intention of the act is plain clear.

1G against followed.

The whole trail of happenings was totally unjustified and out-of-place considering Jets needs of a moment, several times repeated principles against un-nescessary penalties, and indiscipline.

The team lost the game, thanks to this f****** moron! It looks almost like someone would've paid him to do that. I can't evade that impression, It's only way I can find any sense from his actions at all.

Last edited:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
What would you take in exchange for him? The Rangers have too many forwards that need an earthquake to wake them up. When you combine that with all the suits who don't care about hockey, it takes a miracle to move this crowd. IMO, the Garden responds better when there is a hate magnet on our team. I would take a chance buying low on him.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'd like to see this kind of hit get 10 games but I predict he'll get 4. If he was Malkin or Marchand, he'd likely get 0 or 1 game.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Arguably? This was worse than any hit Wilson has made honestly. Literally a chicken wing fly by and the epitome of garbage. Wilson's hits are bang bang plays and ZAR saw him coming and even braced for it.

This is the worst/most stupid headshot we've seen in a while if you ask me. No questionable did he drive up, how much shoulder contact was there, is he shorter than the player, etc. Coming from a guy who loved 90s rivalries, I think 90% of hits get pathetic overreactions here. This was bad and plain stupid. He's going to get 5 games I bet.
Umm Wilson’s hits are worse and have put people out with serious injuries...so no Lemieux’s hit was not worse.
In any case the league needs to rid itself of Wilson’s and Lemieux’s ilk.
Hope the Jets cut ties with Lemieux asap

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Such nonsense.

Wilson has done as bad or worse.

f*** Tom Wilson.

Hope he never plays again. He is trash.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Garbage hit by a garbage player. At least his dad didn’t suck offensively.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Bye bye I'd say.

If there are anything good in this incident, its the fortunate fact that Trocheck didn't get any injuries (did he?), and isn't now paralyzed, neck broken, in concussion protocol etc.

paragon

May 5, 2010
I'd like to see this kind of hit get 10 games but I predict he'll get 4. If he was Malkin or Marchand, he'd likely get 0 or 1 game.
He will get 1 or max 2 games because he's a first timer and there was no injury on the play.

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
Lemiux is a great player. Too bad that he is playing the wrong game in the wrong century:thumbd:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's funny you should say that. After watching Mo my first thought was, BL has played his last game as a Jet. But I didn't want to over react and am not sure what kind of future the Jets see in him. He's still only 22. But he sure doesn't have the type of skill set that can have plays like this over looked.
It should be pointed out that he also took a bad high sticking penalty (may be brought up in his hearing as well) that cost them a PP goal.
It can be tough to blame a loss on one single player. But he did as good a job of trying on his own, that's for sure.

Until this game he has done a fairly good job of avoiding dumb stuff and not playing dirty or taking penalties (in NHL games). He had a good season in the AHL last year so the Jets were still fairly invested in him. This crap just set his career in Winnipeg way back.

Florida did a great job on the PP to capitalize on their chances. This certainly does feel like a case where 1 player did cause his team to lose. I’m not sure how the Panthers would have found the offence without those chances. Unfortunately the rock solid PK of the Jets let them down this game.

Perhaps “karma” from the hockey gods for such a dirty play. The sad thing is they scratched Roslovic and insterted Petan (for his first game of the year). Not sure if Roslovic was banged up, sick or just sat to send him a message but at this point I’m sure they wish they had scratched Lemieux instead!!!

It would take a monster performance in the AHL for him to get recalled after what we can only presume will be his demotion after the suspension.

LouieBeans

Apr 20, 2018
Carbon copy of the Wilson hit. 20 games.
No other major league bases the severity of punishment based off the history of a player.
If the league wants to take itself seriously, act accordingly and set the precedent.
The NHL has made major strides the past 30 years, where at one point they were on par with roller derby. (i.e. a joke)
Don't blow it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad