Brendan Lemieux's head hit on Trocheck (Suspended 2 Games)

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Probably won't have much of an NHL career, at least not with the Jets if he continues to take dumbass penalties. We have plenty of players in the pipelines that can bring "4th line grit" if we need them.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Cheap fly by head clip. Clear lack of intent for the body on that one. Those kind of plays should be an automatic 2 games with a summons to the principles office for an ass reaming and additional games.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
12739348379.jpg

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
literally f***in textbook what the NHL said is no longer allowed

throw the book at him

Reactions: LarKing

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Unacceptable hit by a garbage player on a star. I feel confident saying that Lemieux fully intended this situation to play out as it did. It’s not like he couldn’t see Trocheck turning in front of him or move to avoid contact.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Garbage hit. Will sit. Potentially a long time.

Even as a fan of the team, whether it was a 1st liner or a 4th liner doing that garbage I would still be on board with a significant suspension. There simply isn't a place in the game for hits like this.

And before the mouth breathers come crying "No Hit League". This is a bad hit even back when head hits were allowed. Why? Because he f***in' chicken wing'd him here. Go hard to the head with a shoulder, I can kind of buy as old fashion hockey. Fly by elbow to the head. Never legal.

Reactions: LarKing

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Unacceptable hit by a garbage player on a star. I feel confident saying that Lemieux fully intended this situation to play out as it did. It’s not like he couldn’t see Trocheck turning in front of him or move to avoid contact.

He isn't a star but that shouldn't matter anyway.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
In b4
"keep your head up Trocheck"
"Minor penalty at most, no suspension"
"Was expecting much worse after reading the title"
No it's pretty much the first hit this season I've seen that actually is worth handing out a suspension for. NHL should show this one to all the referees as a definition of "primarily hitting the head", and Cole's from last night should be used as an example of a perfect clean hit.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Blindside and head is pretty much the only point of contact. Should be in the 5-10 game range. Be surprised if it’s more than 5 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad