Brendan Lemieux's head hit on Trocheck (Suspended 2 Games)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Meh he isn't as good at the hockey portion as his dad was. Don't think he's an NHL player.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
r6WQPyY.png

Simplified family tree about professional hockey playing Lemieux...

It makes perfect sense now why HABS dumped their own Lemmy to Jets. ...and Oh no, how I miss Armia!

Fair deal GFS!?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I really feel sick just watching this filthy, disgusting and inexcusable abomination of a "hit".
It goes against everything I love about the game of hockey.
I don't even want to consider the twisted things that were going to Brendan Lemieux's own head while he was planning something like that.
Just thinking about the permanent damage Trocheck could possibly suffer... I would really love the NHL to make a true statement here. Ban Lemieux for life. I wish he could be exiled to the Moon.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Completely indefensible. Even if it's his first offense, he should get a heavy suspension.

Getting nothing but the head and making no attempt to avoid or mitigate the damage. Disgusting.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't understand how cheap shots only seem to apply if the hitter is a worse player than the one getting hit. If he's better than the guy who got hit, somehow it's not as bad. Who the victim is should not come into play. The DOPS should be interested in the safety of All players, not some more so than others. BS hit, but I think it looks worse in slowmotion than it seems. Doesn't help Lemieux that he's the son of Claude instead of the son of Mario.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I really feel sick just watching this filthy, disgusting and inexcusable abomination of a "hit".
It goes against everything I love about the game of hockey.
I don't even want to consider the twisted things that were going to Brendan Lemieux's own head while he was planning something like that.
Just thinking about the permanent damage Trocheck could possibly suffer... I would really love the NHL to make a true statement here. Ban Lemieux for life. I wish he could be exiled to the Moon.

Tom Wilson already got dibs on the moon.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure what Claude Jr. was thinking. Most likely he wasn't.

And when the coach says the refs got it right, that can't be good for your chances with the league or your team.

I would be kind of stunned if he wasn't waived over this to be honest from the seething reaction of his coach. I mean he lost them the game basically, so the reality is he might be doing his sitting out in the AHL and not the NHL as they honor suspensions from the NHL.

It was a dirty play, he deserves what he gets, no need for that.

Reactions: egelband

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I would be kind of stunned if he wasn't waived over this to be honest from the seething reaction of his coach. I mean he lost them the game basically, so the reality is he might be doing his sitting out in the AHL and not the NHL as they honor suspensions from the NHL.

It was a dirty play, he deserves what he gets, no need for that.
It's funny you should say that. After watching Mo my first thought was, BL has played his last game as a Jet. But I didn't want to over react and am not sure what kind of future the Jets see in him. He's still only 22. But he sure doesn't have the type of skill set that can have plays like this over looked.
It should be pointed out that he also took a bad high sticking penalty (may be brought up in his hearing as well) that cost them a PP goal.
It can be tough to blame a loss on one single player. But he did as good a job of trying on his own, that's for sure.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Goon move. Get him outta here

I doubt he plays another NHL game for the jets honestly. It's possible he bounces around farms and plays a couple of games for a desperate NHL team but really, this aspect of the NHL game has gone the way of the dodo

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
That is exactly what a hidden blind contact first to the head hit is and. This is the kind of hit the league are supposed willing to remove from the game. That hit is bad, hope a maximum suspension. Those beleiving it's a good hit don't care for players safety.

Reactions: Helistin

member 147413

You obviously don’t know Maurice then because he honestly looked disgusted with Lemieux’s behavior. He definitely does not encourage head shots on opposing players.

When asked about the hit, he said the refs got the call right and I don’t doubt he’ll fully support whatever the DOPS decides.
Not suggesting Maurice wants dirty hits. He likes a physical team to play on the line, the players are the ones who may or may not cross said line. A lot of them are also agitators who do their job well. It’s just dickish.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I don't think anyone is surprised that this plug threw a hit like that. He'll get suspended for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad