Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He and Gallagher have a mini-rivalry going on. Love seeing the little Gallagher always get the upper hand in it.

But they do have a lot of respect for each other. They had real nice words for each other two years ago when we played them in the first round.

Yeah , I remember that too, Methot said Gally is a pain in the ass to play against and is really tough to contain. No matter how much you hit him and push him he's always getting up and never gives up!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Looks like Brendan has his mojo back. He's absolutely buzzing now.

Was coming here to post this.

He looks like he did last year before the injuries, which is great because we desperately need him to provide that extra jump and secondary scoring!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would move Gallagher in a package for a C.. Hudon can play LW and I know Byron has played RW for us in the past.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would move Gallagher in a package for a C.. Hudon can play LW and I know Byron has played RW for us in the past.

I agree. Gallagher is the guy I would hate to trade but I would understand if he acquires us a guy like Duchene. Gallagher, Beaulieu or Juulsen, 1st round pick for Duchene. If no deal, then move on to other options and let some other team over pay.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Likewise. Perhaps something can be done with Calgary around Sam Bennett, although they just went the budget route with Lazar so maybe RW isn't as big a need for them as it once was.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If Edmonton would bite on a RNH for Gallagher swap, that's one of the few cases where I'd consider moving him.

He represents a lot to this team, beyond his own ice impact... I think moving Gallagher sends the wrong message, unless you get a very solid player in return.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
its amazing how people turned on this guy. The guy finally hits a real slump for pretty much the first time and all of a sudden he's garbage.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
its amazing how people turned on this guy. The guy finally hits a real slump for pretty much the first time and all of a sudden he's garbage.
Really crazy how fans turn on players who give their all for a team, isn't it?

P+K+Subban+Brendan+Gallagher+Montreal+Canadiens+DSfNMPg8XEWl.jpg

Gallagher's great, he's rehabbing unfortunate injuries - he's the kind of player that wins you a cup. I'm really happy for him to have turned the corner.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Great to see his big grin back. If he is truly getting his game back right before the playoffs then that's HUGE for this club.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

1) No package with Gallagher is going to get us a legitimate top 6 center

2) With his price tag and passion, it would be extremely stupid to trade him. Even when he's on a cold streak, his CF% tells us his lines have always been in puck control on the ice. The second we would trade Gallagher, we'd be in pursuit of finding a RW with his exact attributes.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Trading him is lunacy. He makes 3.75 a year and you can plug him on any line and he'll be effective plus get 20 goals (assuming health). That's very valuable.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

People have wanted to call him a third liner since forever.

The truth is actually played like an average 1st liner in most of the past few seasons.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It was unfortunate the Habs couldn't land an impact top 6 player at the deadline

But if Gallagher is back to being the Gallagher we all know

There's your top 6 forward

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It was unfortunate the Habs couldn't land an impact top 6 player at the deadline

Since the deadline:

Byron 13 Games 11 Points
Gallagher 13 Games 10 Points
Danault 13 Games 7 Points
Lehkonen 13 Games 6 Points
Shaw 13 Games 6 Points

These 5 combined for 7 points in 54 games in February, nice to see our secondary guys step up offensively.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Yup. It's honestly great to have him back.. I was definitely worried there for a bit there. .

But it's like we traded for him at the deadline lol

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

just gotta get Galchenyuk going. If we get everyone going then we have a ton of depth. Our forward group maybe unspectacular but its pretty damn deep. Galchenyuk, Shaw and Lehkonen's a pretty damn talented 3rd line.

I'd consider moving him back to C. Maybe he's injured

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
No he wasnt. Im the biggest Bgally fan here, but he just was innefective.

55.2% CF (2nd best among forwards)
10.62 on-ice scoring chances for, per 60 (best among Habs forwards)
3.98 individual scoring chances for per 60 (best among Habs forwards)
All at 5-on-5

I'll concede that he didn't look quite right, that's the funny part, but he was driving play and creating scoring chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad