Breakthrough season for Eichel

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
this was pretty nasty...he's now averaged a PPG over his last 83 games.

Been a minute since we've seen him try to sneak it forward on the faceoff, but he's got a high success rate with that move. Man, it's nice to finally see him play with wingers he has some chemistry with.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Going to be?

How about he is.

138 pts in his last 142 games, 6 points shy of 200 in just 222 games, all this coming off long sustaining injuries and without the benefit of a lethal winger like other top centers yet ya know the Landeskogs, Rantanen, nugent-hopkins, Nylander/Marleau, dadonov, and wheelers of the
World. Not saying he’s better then some of the guys who have those wingers above but he’s not far off. This is why people talked about his offensive ceiling because once he got paired with skinner (finally a sniper) and it’s magic, 14 pts now in 8 games since skinner joined Eichel and before that he had one goal in 6 games without him.

He’s a plus player this year which is huge for him not known for his defense but his backchecking, work ethic and leadership had been astounding this season. Eich is also a top primary assist player, scoring chances, shots, offensive zone pressure, almost all these advanced statistics hAve Eichel in the top five or near it.

He’s been even a beast In games where he got no points (specifically the san Jose Game and parts of the Colorado one)

Lmao those are lethal wingers? The only "lethal" wingers Rantanen and Wheeler. I love how you point out all the top players but forget Hyman/Brown and Pat Maroon/Cagguila/Lucic who were on Matthews and McDavid's wings respectively. Despite playing with those wingers Matthews and McDavid still were able to produce at a high rate, especially Matthews considering he's one of the top even strength goal scorers playing with the two at ES. Barkov hasn't had the greatest line mates either up until the last few years. Funny how Reinhart/Kane/Okposo aren't good enough wingers yet you listed wingers worse than them as "lethal". You pump Eichel to be way better than he actually is. Hes an amazing player but he's not in the tier of McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, Barkov etc. Hes with Barzal, Marner, Aho, Draisaitl, Point etc.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Eichel is absolutely on Matthews tier. Just stop. Eichel is ppg too and now that he has talent you will see how good he actually is.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
140 pts now in the last 144 games he’s played since 16-17 but who’s counting anyway?

Four points away from 200 pts And he’s played 225 games against every top defender in this league. I’d like him to score more this year but he still has 77 goals in that time with the 119 assists.

He’s looking like prime Thornton out there right now, not as power forward-ish but the way he’s retrieving pucks on the boards and throwing them out everywhere creating scoring chances out of nothing at times...by the shift. If he’s doing this all year I couldn’t care less if he gets another goal. Skinner must be so happy to have someone who can create, and likewise Jack must be so appreciative someone can finally finish on a regular basis.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Lmao those are lethal wingers? The only "lethal" wingers Rantanen and Wheeler. I love how you point out all the top players but forget Hyman/Brown and Pat Maroon/Cagguila/Lucic who were on Matthews and McDavid's wings respectively. Despite playing with those wingers Matthews and McDavid still were able to produce at a high rate, especially Matthews considering he's one of the top even strength goal scorers playing with the two at ES. Barkov hasn't had the greatest line mates either up until the last few years. Funny how Reinhart/Kane/Okposo aren't good enough wingers yet you listed wingers worse than them as "lethal". You pump Eichel to be way better than he actually is. Hes an amazing player but he's not in the tier of McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, Barkov etc. Hes with Barzal, Marner, Aho, Draisaitl, Point etc.

What is with this obsession you have with Hyman and brown. Matthews always has a Nylander or a Marleau but you choose to always ignore those two guys to keep listing the lesser ones, yet complain of someone who does the same? Maybe because the guys you listed don’t play with him, for one? Contradicting and Ignorant. Thats borderline criminal. No one buys it because we all watch is it doesent make whatever your tying to say more valid. Of course Matthews is good enough he doesent lean on those guys but ignoring he has them and just listing hyman and brown isn’t correct.

(Dont worry Rasmi this isn’t Eichel vs Matthews again) lol

Who’s pumping up Eichel to be better the. He is? His play does the talking, as do the broadcasters of opposing teams who keep picking him as a star in nearly every game this season. You should watch one some time. Just so I’m positive here though you’re saying that Eichel is on the Same tier as Draisaitl, Brayden Point and Aho? No disrespect to those guys they’re terrific but I don’t know what alternate universe you live on. He’s not on Mackinnons level yet outscores him in a season following serious injury meanwhile playing two entire Months less (16-17)....okay. Then last year Mackinnon had Rantanen a guy you say Eichels in the same league as. If Eichel got to play with a guy on Eichels level he’s be putting up mcdavid numbers by default. So not sure how you valuations of players work but, ok? You Always mention how he hasn’t finished PPG as if one or two pts make the difference when sustaining injury and seem to forget that 140 on 144 Looks awful close to PPG to me, .....lol, it’s even better then going PPG in a season because it’s twice as hard to do that in 144 games. You’re the only one who feels this way, even haters of his who don’t watch him as well have come around now and can’t deny what’s undeniable. The guy is top five in shots, top 5 in offensive zone possession, Finally has a winger that can finish and helped that winger go from 2 pts in 6 games to 15 pts in 9 (11 goals! Almost all of them primarily set up by him) he has 19 pts in 16 games this year. They are one and two in the NHL in scoring since being paired together. All this while improving defensively and bringing in his work ethic To a new level now that he’s accountable save one or two games. Remind me whene I need to ask you for opinions of player you never watch yet somehow despise and undervalue at a comical level.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Right up there with Matthews and a few of the other great young players as I expected he would be. Looks to have taken a big step this year. Maybe the captaincy helped him to take more responsibility.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
One thing I would love to see is Eichel centering Matthews. I can’t imagine a better pair...

Reactions: olli

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
What is with this obsession you have with Hyman and brown. Matthews always has a Nylander or a Marleau but you choose to always ignore those two guys to keep listing the lesser ones, yet complain of someone who does the same? Maybe because the guys you listed don’t play with him, for one? Contradicting and Ignorant. Thats borderline criminal. No one buys it because we all watch is it doesent make whatever your tying to say more valid. Of course Matthews is good enough he doesent lean on those guys but ignoring he has them and just listing hyman and brown isn’t correct.

(Dont worry Rasmi this isn’t Eichel vs Matthews again) lol

Who’s pumping up Eichel to be better the. He is? His play does the talking, as do the broadcasters of opposing teams who keep picking him as a star in nearly every game this season. You should watch one some time. Just so I’m positive here though you’re saying that Eichel is on the Same tier as Draisaitl, Brayden Point and Aho? No disrespect to those guys they’re terrific but I don’t know what alternate universe you live on. He’s not on Mackinnons level yet outscores him in a season following serious injury meanwhile playing two entire Months less (16-17)....okay. Then last year Mackinnon had Rantanen a guy you say Eichels in the same league as. If Eichel got to play with a guy on Eichels level he’s be putting up mcdavid numbers by default. So not sure how you valuations of players work but, ok? You Always mention how he hasn’t finished PPG as if one or two pts make the difference when sustaining injury and seem to forget that 140 on 144 Looks awful close to PPG to me, .....lol, it’s even better then going PPG in a season because it’s twice as hard to do that in 144 games. You’re the only one who feels this way, even haters of his who don’t watch him as well have come around now and can’t deny what’s undeniable. The guy is top five in shots, top 5 in offensive zone possession, Finally has a winger that can finish and helped that winger go from 2 pts in 6 games to 15 pts in 9 (11 goals! Almost all of them primarily set up by him) he has 19 pts in 16 games this year. They are one and two in the NHL in scoring since being paired together. All this while improving defensively and bringing in his work ethic To a new level now that he’s accountable save one or two games. Remind me whene I need to ask you for opinions of player you never watch yet somehow despise and undervalue at a comical level.

My point is his production was still high when he had those two on his line even as a rookie. You're arguments always "Eichel has terrible wingers" , "Everyone has good wingers but precious Jack" when all the top players are able to produce without star wingers. Eichel would never put up McDavid's numbers by "default". You cant even say that about Crosby let alone Jack Eichel. I think Eichel is an amazing player but you act like he's a lot better than he is. MacKinnon has clearly broken out now that he's the big dog and you know what? Eichel could do the exact same but its not guaranteed like you believe it is. If you attach a star next to him it doesn't erase the fact he's not McDavid, Matthews, Barkov, MacKinnon etc. He just doesn't dominate like they do. He shows flashes but then theres lacklustre efforts and plays. 15 games doesn't change that. Aho, Point could be ppg 2 way studs. Draisaitl is a 70-80 centre and Rantanen could have back to back seasons at ppg. Barzal scored 85 as a rookie with Jordan Eberle who isn't any better than what Eichel played with. What has Eichel done exactly thats better than them? Ive never seen an organization suck up to player who's accomplished as little as Eichel has. 80m contract, coaches fired, team captain when he's shown no leadership whatsoever, all for what? Because he was the #2 pick being McDavid? Look, I think Eichel can be a star centre in the vein of Seguin, Stamkos, Getzlaf but he's not going to be on the level of the dominant centers like Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Datsyuk (prime) etc. Im not a hater, you're just mad because I don't agree he's the second coming of christ like you do. Maybe if you payed attention to other teams in the league you would see what I'm talking about.

If I had to make tiers of u-23 forwards

Tier one

McDavid

MacKinnon
Matthews
Barkov

Tier Two

Eichel
Laine
Peterssen
Pastrnak
Point
Aho
Keller
Barzal
Draisaitl
Marner
Rantanen

Tier Three

Nylander
Boeser
Horvat
Drouin
DeBrusk
Monahan
Larkin
Ehlers
Meier

Thats how I see it. Those aren't ranked btw and if I missed names my bad.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Tier one

McDavid

MacKinnon
Matthews
Barkov

Tier Two

Eichel
Laine
Peterssen
Pastrnak
Point
Aho
Keller
Barzal
Draisaitl
Marner
Rantanen

Tier Three

Nylander
Boeser
Horvat
Drouin
DeBrusk
Monahan
Larkin
Ehlers
Meier

Not going to do the full list, but I think it's (in no order within tiers):

Tier 1
McDavid

Tier 2
Mackinnon
Matthews

Tier 3
Barkov
Eichel
Petterson
Barzal

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
The only thing everyone should be in agreement on is that no one is in McDavid's tier. The rest of the rankings can go every which way.

Eichel is as good as advertised by the way. I think he would have gotten more shine if he didn't have to be in the same draft class as hockey jesus.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
My point is his production was still high when he had those two on his line even as a rookie. You're arguments always "Eichel has terrible wingers" , "Everyone has good wingers but precious Jack" when all the top players are able to produce without star wingers. Eichel would never put up McDavid's numbers by "default". You cant even say that about Crosby let alone Jack Eichel. I think Eichel is an amazing player but you act like he's a lot better than he is. MacKinnon has clearly broken out now that he's the big dog and you know what? Eichel could do the exact same but its not guaranteed like you believe it is. If you attach a star next to him it doesn't erase the fact he's not McDavid, Matthews, Barkov, MacKinnon etc. He just doesn't dominate like they do. He shows flashes but then theres lacklustre efforts and plays. 15 games doesn't change that. Aho, Point could be ppg 2 way studs. Draisaitl is a 70-80 centre and Rantanen could have back to back seasons at ppg. Barzal scored 85 as a rookie with Jordan Eberle who isn't any better than what Eichel played with. What has Eichel done exactly thats better than them? Ive never seen an organization suck up to player who's accomplished as little as Eichel has. 80m contract, coaches fired, team captain when he's shown no leadership whatsoever, all for what? Because he was the #2 pick being McDavid? Look, I think Eichel can be a star centre in the vein of Seguin, Stamkos, Getzlaf but he's not going to be on the level of the dominant centers like Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Datsyuk (prime) etc. Im not a hater, you're just mad because I don't agree he's the second coming of christ like you do. Maybe if you payed attention to other teams in the league you would see what I'm talking about.

Tier one

McDavid

MacKinnon
Matthews
Barkov

Tier Two

Eichel
Laine
Peterssen
Pastrnak
Point
Aho
Keller
Barzal
Draisaitl
Marner
Rantanen

Tier Three

Nylander
Boeser
Horvat
Drouin
DeBrusk
Monahan
Larkin
Ehlers
Meier

That’s fine, I’m not here to change your mind. I appreciate you explaining that though for the record.

As far as the 80 m contract and nothing to deserve it. Only his play I guess....was it somewhat premature? Sure. Buffalo knew this deal was for the long haul and he is the guy we got and we wanted to make a statement that way. In four years this deal is going to look really good and there will be guys like lafreierre, Hughes coming out of their entry level deals probably making 12 million x 8 with the percentage of cap going up and as will salaries. So far Jacks contract is just half way through it is going to be looking like a fair deal, especially since he will be in or close to his prime whole those new guys won’t. Then there’s the second half of the deal where he may be underpaid if anything it looks weird to say that now, but hey. We’re 16 games into his contract and he’s the captain of a team that’s 8-6-2 and he’s got 19 points. So far, hes earned it.

You talk about Draisaitl being 70-80 pt center bitnit doesent take into the context of how many of those pts are because of mcdavid. Not that he should be discredited but come on, that’s mcdavid. Also, being. 2C is a hell of a lot
Easier against weaker competition on the regular. If Eichel wAs on the oilers second line and Draisaitl wAs in Eichels spot? Could you really see it being the same? I have a hard time not believing Buffalo would be scoring 150 goals a year and Edmonton would be making deep runs in the playoffs. But as far as facing adversity, despite the injuries and the low offense he’s answered the bell when he signed the deal, ....he answered the bell when he was made captain, Eichel has never not performed in his pro career. He’s only gotten better and better, and this isn’t me drawing it out that way, his play and the numbers back it up. The only time in his career when he didn’t look perhaps on the level he is now was in his rookie year at times, inconsistency and dry spells....when he had a career low 56 pts. Still more then second tier Mackinnon that year, Mackinnon has had 4-6 seasons by the way finishing with a lower number of pts then Eichel has. Not sure how that’s possible for a player of such rank. Has it ever occurred to you that having Rantanen hasnt helped Nate dramatically? That’s why we talk about linemates, they matter. And you seem to be confused for some reason when we talk about Eichels linemates, all we say is that he’d produce more with someone who could finish regularly. (Which I think he’s proving with skinner with their whole 29 pts in ten games thing) you say if Hyman and brown so should he. He does? When does he not? Every linemate he’s had he’s helped their production substantially, again, really.....this isn’t me making him sound better then he is either these are all facts.

I mean whether it’s Girgensens, Pominville, Rodrigues all scored mainly if not only when wth Eichel. Kane’s numbers were the most dramatic 16 g with 3 without. So far this year sheary scores three with and that’s why skinner stayed off his line I guess but once skinner joins Eichel in the 7th game he had one goal, yeah now he has 11. You can see these things as me trying to build him up and I get the narrative “firing coaches” but come on man. That’s all speculation. No one wanted dan bylsma (no team has hired him as a head coach since and he’s assistant on a pretty bad team right now).... anyway and if you can find one credible quote that supports Eichel being to blame for a coach being fired, then great. I’ve yet to see one. What I have seen is despite the “diva” “one man show” “no effort” stereotypes being thrown around a guy who was a little fussy coming into the league and got a negative stigma attached to him. Since then he’s worked with the media and improved big time, even joking about it at the end of the year presser last year, at that time he blamed himself when he had every reason not too, (I mean coming in on 33 percent of your teams offense when you missed twenty percent of the year) rather then take the low road he said he had to change his own game. When I heard that I thought “god I hope he’s just saying that”

But he did and I can’t believe it but it’s actually improved. He backchecks, he has work ethic, he’s encouraged this year rather then venting, he does fist bumps rather then Slashing his stick over the net repeatedly. He’s taking ownership and maturing, that’s why slapping the c on your most talented player can pay off. It makes him accountable. You can view the tiers that way, I’m not here to change your mind. But just look beyond the surface sometimes. You’ll see it’s not always ad black and white at a stigma portrays it. There’s always more out there then meets the eye. You just have to be willing to see it.

Last edited:

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
That’s fine, I’m not here to change your mind. I appreciate you explaining that though for the record.

As far as the 80 m contract and nothing to deserve it. Only his play I guess....was it somewhat premature? Sure. Buffalo knew this deal was for the long haul and he is the guy we got and we wanted to make a statement that way. In four years this deal is going to look really good and there will be guys like lafreierre, Hughes coming out of their entry level deals probably making 12 million x 8 with the percentage of cap going up and as will salaries. So far Jacks contract is just half way through it is going to be looking like a fair deal, especially since he will be in or close to his prime whole those new guys won’t. Then there’s the second half of the deal where he may be underpaid if anything it looks weird to say that now, but hey. We’re 16 games into his contract and he’s the captain of a team that’s 8-6-2 and he’s got 19 points. So far, hes earned it.

You talk about Draisaitl being 70-80 pt center bitnit doesent take into the context of how many of those pts are because of mcdavid. Not that he should be discredited but come on, that’s mcdavid. Also, being. 2C is a hell of a lot
Easier against weaker competition on the regular. If Eichel wAs on the oilers second line and Draisaitl wAs in Eichels spot? Could you really see it being the same? I have a hard time not believing Buffalo would be scoring 150 goals a year and Edmonton would be making deep runs in the playoffs. But as far as facing adversity, despite the injuries and the low offense he’s answered the bell when he signed the deal, ....he answered the bell when he was made captain, Eichel has never not performed in his pro career. He’s only gotten better and better, and this isn’t me drawing it out that way, his play and the numbers back it up. The only time in his career when he didn’t look perhaps on the level he is now was in his rookie year at times, inconsistency and dry spells....when he had a career low 56 pts. Still more then second tier Mackinnon that year, Mackinnon has had 4-6 seasons by the way finishing with a lower number of pts then Eichel has. Not sure how that’s possible for a player of such rank. Has it ever occurred to you that having Rantanen hasnt helped Nate dramatically? That’s why we talk about linemates, they matter. And you seem to be confused for some reason when we talk about Eichels linemates, all we say is that he’d produce more with someone who could finish regularly. (Which I think he’s proving with skinner with their whole 29 pts in ten games thing) you say if Hyman and brown so should he. He does? When does he not? Every linemate he’s had he’s helped their production substantially, again, really.....this isn’t me making him sound better then he is either these are all facts.

I mean whether it’s Girgensens, Pominville, Rodrigues all scored mainly if not only when wth Eichel. Kane’s numbers were the most dramatic 16 g with 3 without. So far this year sheary scores three with and that’s why skinner stayed off his line I guess but once skinner joins Eichel in the 7th game he had one goal, yeah now he has 11. You can see these things as me trying to build him up and I get the narrative “firing coaches” but come on man. That’s all speculation. No one wanted dan bylsma (no team has hired him as a head coach since and he’s assistant on a pretty bad team right now).... anyway and if you can find one credible quote that supports Eichel being to blame for a coach being fired, then great. I’ve yet to see one. What I have seen is despite the “diva” “one man show” “no effort” stereotypes being thrown around a guy who was a little fussy coming into the league and got a negative stigma attached to him. Since then he’s worked with the media and improved big time, even joking about it at the end of the year presser last year, at that time he blamed himself when he had every reason not too, (I mean coming in on 33 percent of your teams offense when you missed twenty percent of the year) rather then take the low road he said he had to change his own game. When I heard that I thought “god I hope he’s just saying that”

But he did and I can’t believe it but it’s actually improved. He backchecks, he has work ethic, he’s encouraged this year rather then venting, he does fist bumps rather then Slashing his stick over the net repeatedly. He’s taking ownership and maturing, that’s why slapping the c on your most talented player can pay off. It makes him accountable. You can view the tiers that way, I’m not here to change your mind. But just look beyond the surface sometimes. You’ll see it’s not always ad black and white at a stigma portrays it. There’s always more out there then meets the eye. You just have to be willing to see it.

Another excellent post by someone who knows the deal

All the facts as well as actually watching the games shows Eichel is an absolutely elite player.

I would do terrible things to get him on the rangers

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
He's always been good with the puck. But this season he's looking much stronger without it. And in particular he seems much better at getting it back.

Reactions: RiskyBryzness21

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
It's his entire career. He's simply not a franchise defining player. Not only is he not in the Matthews, MacKinnon, Barkov category of players (I'm not even going to mention McDavid), he might not even be in the Scheifele, Seguin tier of young centers. The guy is incredibly lucky though. Play in the NCAA right as it begins transitioning to a higher scoring and younger league. Get drafted in the same year as Connor McDavid, have media and scouts create a fake comparison between the two like they do between every player projected to go 1st and 2nd. Get paid $10 Million a season because the guy who people compare you to got $12 Million even though you're not even close to him as a player and closer to being worth $7 Million tops. What a life Eichel stumbled into.

With his lack of Hockey IQ, lack of shift to shift tenacity, and the emergence of other 2015 prospects I predict that by next Summer Eichel would not even go top 5 in a 2015 re-draft. I would probably build a franchise around McDavid, Marner, Barzal, Aho and possibly Provorov/Werenski before I would build around him.
I'm dead :laugh:

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
It's his entire career. He's simply not a franchise defining player. Not only is he not in the Matthews, MacKinnon, Barkov category of players (I'm not even going to mention McDavid), he might not even be in the Scheifele, Seguin tier of young centers. The guy is incredibly lucky though. Play in the NCAA right as it begins transitioning to a higher scoring and younger league. Get drafted in the same year as Connor McDavid, have media and scouts create a fake comparison between the two like they do between every player projected to go 1st and 2nd. Get paid $10 Million a season because the guy who people compare you to got $12 Million even though you're not even close to him as a player and closer to being worth $7 Million tops. What a life Eichel stumbled into.

With his lack of Hockey IQ, lack of shift to shift tenacity, and the emergence of other 2015 prospects I predict that by next Summer Eichel would not even go top 5 in a 2015 re-draft. I would probably build a franchise around McDavid, Marner, Barzal, Aho and possibly Provorov/Werenski before I would build around him.

This ain't it, chief...

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
This isn't that surprising for anyone that has watched him if a little over the last couple of years. Kids going to be a superstar in the league.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Not happening. Same old Jack. A fresh start, a $10M a year contract, the captaincy and it means nothing. As a lifelong Sabres fan it's not easy to accept but accept we must. Many people here and elsewhere thought he'd break out in a way similar to Nathan Mackinnon, he won't, it's not in his personality though it's not all about his makeup as a person he's also got a fairly pedestrian hockey IQ, it's Year 4, he'll be a point per game or slightly better but the McDavids, Matthews's, Mackinnons have left him in the dust. His wingman Reinhart has 0 goals. The Sabres tanked hard and deliberately for 2 seasons, their fans suffered, and the reward for that suffering was Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichel. Hard to criticize the GM's, 31 other GM's would have taken Eichel 2nd overall and probably half of GM's would have taken Reinhart.

Better coaching would help but Sabres fans who cleave to that as some magic key that unlocks his potential are dreaming. Great talent, good player but generational was a fantasy and franchise player is looking to be beyond him as well.

The Sabres are 3-3 on the season, if they had last year's tandem of Lehner and Johnson in goal they'd be 1-5 or 0-6.

I really got it wrong with Eichel. I legit thought he would be a stud by now. He has all the skills a player in today's game needs to succeed but he seems to be on cruise control.

McDavid is the best player on earth by a landslide and even he cannot carry the Oilers to 1st place. I mean he litereally had a point on every single goal the Oilers scored until that OT winner by Nurse last night. He carried them on his shoulders. But if you don't have a decent support group, you're not gonna win. It's a team game. Even if you have McDavid.

So Eichel can pot his 70-75 pts, honestly it's not bad for a 1st line C. What he neeeds is better goaltending (so far, he has it in Hutton), better defense (once Dahlin emerges they'll be fine) and more depth up front (Sobotka, Sheary and Berglund isn't the answer).

I'm not sure about the coach or the system as I havn't seen them enough, but Housley doesn't strike me as the answer. So perhaps a change is required behind the bench.

Probably another bad year in the cards for Buffalo... unfortunately. Next summer they need to acquire a top-6 forward and top-4 D and they'll be competitive.

I mean, even Matthews has Marner, Rielly, Marleau, Tavares.... and MacKinnon plays with Landeskog and Rantanen. Come on!

Giving Eichel the C was, un my opinion, a really bad idea.

He needs another 2-3 to just focus on his game, not the whole team.

I would have never given him the C.

He’s a *****ebag.

The thing about Eichel is that I'm pretty sure he's a winger, not a center.

The kind of move made where you are hoping a C helps a player become something better than he is....which never happens.

No he doesn't. His skill set is starting to become overrated around here. He's a straight line player. He doesn't create much time and space for himself in the offensive zone like other superstar players.

I think we wer're looking at a player like Ryan Johansen longer term at this point. I, like many others was obviously high on Eichel, but I'm starting to give up on him being an aircraft carrier type player.

Here's a hot take.

Jack Eichel = William Nylander in terms of both playstyle and potential ceilings as players.
I love this place.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011

Good take bro

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
One thing I would love to see is Eichel centering Matthews. I can’t imagine a better pair...
As much beef I have with sabres fans and I don't agree Eichel is as good as Matthews.. but the future of USA hockey is pretty insane. Would love to see the two play for team USA together at the Olympics

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Eichel was horrible last night but this thread is way too reactionary. Far too many hot takes in here.

People always like to draw conclusions and make ridiculous statements after 5 games. In his 67 games last year he played at a pretty dominant level for around 35-40 (slow start and slow end after injury) Short term memories.

It’s also not like he hasn’t ever produced. He was 11th in the NHL in p/gp as a sophomore.

I expected a better start but Eichel will be fine.

Hey at least I kept my head...(and several others)

Reactions: TheStorm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad