Breakthrough season for Eichel

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Can we agree on a moratorium on discussing Leafs players in a thread about Eichel, and whether or not he'll "breakout" a term OP couldn't bother setting parameters for?

Feel free to mention any other great player in the league though guys! Just pretend like great Leafs players don't even exist when making your comparisons.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Comparing him to McDavid and Mackinnon = on topic.

Comparing him to Matthews = off topic.

I see.

When posters flock to post about McDavid or MacKinnon in a thread about someone else we'll cross that bridge. Comparing him to Matthews could be on topic, however it quickly spirals out of control. But you knew that.

Reactions: sabremike and MC2D

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
When posters flock to post about McDavid or MacKinnon in a thread about someone else we'll cross that bridge. Comparing him to Matthews could be on topic, however it quickly spirals out of control. But you knew that.

What's out of control? A debate on Matthews vs Eichel? A debate about how Eichel is a failure compared to McDavid and Mackinnon which the first part of this thread centered on?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What's out of control? A debate on Matthews vs Eichel? A debate about how Eichel is a failure compared to McDavid and Mackinnon which the first part of this thread centered on?

oh jesus.... "failure"

Reactions: Fearnot

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm not calling Eichel a failure for the record.

Look how long it took MacKinnon to break out....

Only one on another level is McDavid

Edit: And its not a failure to be below McDavid

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I think Eichel's going to be a fantastic player.

Going to be?

How about he is.

138 pts in his last 142 games, 6 points shy of 200 in just 222 games, all this coming off long sustaining injuries and without the benefit of a lethal winger like other top centers yet ya know the Landeskogs, Rantanen, nugent-hopkins, Nylander/Marleau, dadonov, and wheelers of the
World. Not saying he’s better then some of the guys who have those wingers above but he’s not far off. This is why people talked about his offensive ceiling because once he got paired with skinner (finally a sniper) and it’s magic, 14 pts now in 8 games since skinner joined Eichel and before that he had one goal in 6 games without him.

He’s a plus player this year which is huge for him not known for his defense but his backchecking, work ethic and leadership had been astounding this season. Eich is also a top primary assist player, scoring chances, shots, offensive zone pressure, almost all these advanced statistics hAve Eichel in the top five or near it.

He’s been even a beast In games where he got no points (specifically the san Jose Game and parts of the Colorado one)

Last edited:

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Going to be?

How about he is.

138 pts in his last 142 games, 6 points shy of 200 in just 222 games, all this coming off is long sustained injuries and without the benefit of a Landeskog, Rantanen, nugent-hopkins, Nylander/Marleau, dadonov, Wheeler, like other stars get.

Not saying he’s better then some of the guys who have those wingers above but he’s not far off. This is why people talked about his offensive ceiling because once he got paired with skinner (finally a sniper) and it’s magic, 14 pts now in 8 games since skinner joined Eichel and before that he had one goal in 6 games without him.

He’s a plus player this year which is huge for him not known for his defense but his backchecking, work ethic and leadership had been astounding this season.

Eich is also a top primary assist player, scoring chances, shots, offensive zone pressure, almost all these advanced statistics hAve Eichel in the top five or near it.

Yes I probably phrased that a little too passively. He is a fantastic player.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
3 assists in a 9-2 win and now he's better than Matthews?

One guy said that. Not everything is about points. As I just pointed out his work ethic and defensive play has been off the charts compared to previous years, he’s really wearing the C with pride and showing out there as he’s not taking a shift off. He’s creating offense out there at an elite level almost every shift he’s doing either something unbelievable or setting up a great scoring chance. Matthews has 16 in 11 and Eichel has 17 in 14. Once AGAIN their production is looking similar and that’s why they’re in the same tier but as of now Matthews is better.

Don’t under value assists either. Eichel literally creates most of the offense even if he’s not involved in the goals, Buffalo isn’t a high scoring team today game aside and look at eichels plus minus. Which Is night and day to other years, and since he gets a lot of ice time it’s extra impressice. Top 5 in offensive zone possession and shots, and has had so many chances this season with reinhart hittig two posts from a Eichel pass, he’s had numerous one timers or tap ins fanned on by Sheary or Pominville too. He could be leading the league in scoring, and he actually is leading the league in scoring since this skinner Pominville line was put Together. Just saying. Have you watched him play this year at all, just curious @authentic ?

Last edited:

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
his backchecking, work ethic and leadership had been astounding this season.

He's also starting to throw his body around, making big hits when that's what it takes. He's starting to go into Beast Mode more. I think Pommer whispering in his ear and Skinner playing at Jack's level is helping him grow a LOT already this season. He's also a hella lot more humble this year. He's more about team wins and less about personal stats. He may not be "generational" but he's very good.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
On my way to the Isles game I stopped at the NHL Store and got an Eichel #15 jersey off the clearance rack for $94 with tax. Beats paying $180 for a #9 one and I can say "I liked Jack before liking Jack was cool". They also had Karlsson, Zeterberg and a single Daniel Sedin one. They also had Captain Pajama Isles ones and I told the guy they may as well just give them to the homeless because herpes in a can would sell better than them.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
3 assists in a 9-2 win and now he's better than Matthews?
if the leafs game was 9-2 there would be at least 3 post about that and how matthews is the goat. not surprising eichel is breaking out but you come here to post what again ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Eichel is a good player I posted how he was EASILY worth his contract in the Eichel thread weeks ago and got flamed. Kids a stud 10m will look like a bargain after a few years.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Ok kids who said Matthews

Seriously though Eichel's a beast, always has been but he's taking it to another level this season

Orvald

Feb 24, 2015
Belgium
Sure I'd like to see him score more, but his linemates are doing it for him.
Best part about having skinner with him, they can't stop the both of them all the time.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Gee, this place got awful quiet around here with the hottakes from the usual suspects.

Seeing him tied for 12th and a point out of 7th In the NHL is really nice. It’s like i always said if he got a winger that could score he would be a top scorer. And I was laughed at, ...by people who don’t watch him play. Good times.

Why so many Eichel fans care what any non Eichel fan thinks is beyond me.
I couldn’t care less about the immature jabs and inaccurate characterizations of Eichel. Maybe more should consider taking that approach :dunno:

I’ll try, part of my beef with this is just because it doesent show up on stat sheets with his injuries but now that he’s healthy (knock on wood) and has a sniper on his line he’s on the first/second page of top Scorers in the league now on every site so I don’t feel the need to talk about it as much. As long as that happens I can just try and be humble about it.

Just needed that last post above me quoting you to get that out of my system and I feel good now to not say that as long as his play does the talking.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad