BREAKING NEWS, REFS SUCK! oil lose 2-1

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Again, you're missing the point.

No, he's not. Creating a media circus around this would shine a very bright light on how the Oilers have been reffed for the entire year. This means more coverage from media outlets and more analysis from the hockey heads. You think the refs would continue to be this inept and horrible if their was a highlighted past of them doing that exact thing? I bet they'd be more aware that they have to actually put in an effort instead of skating by because the Oilers are a perpetual bottom feeder. Coughing up 10 grand to atleast limit the amount of garbage the team will take going further atleast to the point that it would actually be taken seriously from public perception and the refs would have to be aware that they would be looked at and more heavily scrutinized doing Oilers game is basically worth the cost.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nothing has been said all year they can't screw the Oilers worse then they already have, reason why they continue to do so. They don't care so see ya at the next screw job because it will be next game against Flames book it. Better yet direct it at the Refs and Bettman comply a video and ask how is this acceptable.

We've been jobbed all season long. If they do it any worse next season when games will actually matter for us (hopefully) then it needs to be brought up in the media and to the league's attention.

What are they going to do next?

gsp

Mar 12, 2016
Edmonton,Alberta
Refs definitely have played big part in these past few losses. It also baffles me how Clendening has a roster spot he is basically Jultz 2.0.
On a bright note Yakupov's trade value went up

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Maroon was so happy about trashing that puck haha.
Ducks board is a little sour but some other guys think it was hilarious also.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Refs definitely have played big part in these past few losses. It also baffles me how Clendening has a roster spot he is basically Jultz 2.0.
On a bright note Yakupov's trade value went up

yaks played well, ive thought. i dont expect him to be a defensive dynamo just keep his feet moving or get off the ice. battle or get off. kings were molesting him all night the other night...no calls though. molesting is allowed i guess. the oilers have to keep both hands on their sticks or get called...other teams can bear hug.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I was sitting in row 28 at the other end of the ice at an odd angle, and even I could see the mile of white between the puck and the blue line from where I was sitting. That was the worst offside call I've ever seen by a long, long shot. Forget the offside, that jackass pooched a couple of icing calls leading up to that as well. Clown is clearly far out of his element in this league.

All 17,000 people in the arena could see that was inside except for the ****ing idiot that gets paid to make that call. Jackass wasn't paying attention, so he decided that the best course of action was to blow down a play he didn't even see.

"It's a fast game, they have a tough job." Bull fing ****. $120k a year, full pension travel around and be on the ice with NHL players, and not be held at all accountable if you screw up badly? Where do I sign up? I'll take that job right now, and I bet I'll even manage to not **** up offside calls that are clear as day.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Nah, he's right that spouting off won't do anything, if anything the refs will just let more calls go. That's what's stupid about the current system.

The right person spouting off would do plenty. Gretzky did it, and it worked.

The coach is not the right person, this has gone way past that. It's becoming systematic and is causing this team and its players huge problems. Yak dives = penalty, Joe Thornton dives = Sharks PP(G) and many other examples like that.

Taking this broader the NHL has helped (not caused) the Oilers become the mess they are. They came out and said we're going to call obstruction by the book. The Oilers put a team together based on that and then, overnight it seems, the NHL changed their mind. This has for the past two seasons basically ensured the the Oilers were playing the game of whatever other team they were playing that night. With the refs they can't get a call to save their life. Either they're too small and that's not a penalty, or they're too young and that's not a penalty.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
When you watch league hockey youve always been willing to accept a rare mistake by officials. they used to be rare and you just had to shrug it off and kill the penalty or whatever. it was a rare human-error we could understand

BUT THIS YEAR OMG....this is too much for human error. way too much and not just the oilers. rich markets that hand over the cash steadily are getting pooched for the begger teams IMO

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I want to see one or multiple of our older guys call them out. Hendo, Sekera, Talbot, Hall. All of them blast the refs for their pathetic display. The fix is in.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
When you watch league hockey youve always been willing to accept a rare mistake by officials. they used to be rare and you just had to shrug it off and kill the penalty or whatever. it was a rare human-error we could understand

BUT THIS YEAR OMG....this is too much for human error. way too much and not just the oilers. rich markets that hand over the cash steadily are getting pooched for the begger teams IMO

Ahhhh, the good 'ol days.

One day I'll tell my grandkids about the times when the officials only made outrageous "mistakes" every once in a while.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
I want to see one or multiple of our older guys call them out. Hendo, Sekera, Talbot, Hall. All of them blast the refs for their pathetic display. The fix is in.

It's not like they can possibly call any less penalties when hall is tripped or hauled down.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
tMh0oid.gif

That call

LOL, thats awesome. says it all.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Ahhhh, the good 'ol days.

One day I'll tell my grandkids about the times when the officials only made outrageous "mistakes" every once in a while.

they werent even outrageous...
these new refs arent some huge leap in stupid. these are guys under orders. its consistent through every game that they are clowns on the ice.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011

The coach is not the right person, this has gone way past that. It's becoming systematic and is causing this team and its players huge problems. Yak dives = penalty, Joe Thornton dives = Sharks PP(G) and many other examples like that.

Taking this broader the NHL has helped (not caused) the Oilers become the mess they are. They came out and said we're going to call obstruction by the book. The Oilers put a team together based on that and then, overnight it seems, the NHL changed their mind. This has for the past two seasons basically ensured the the Oilers were playing the game of whatever other team they were playing that night. With the refs they can't get a call to save their life. Either they're too small and that's not a penalty, or they're too young and that's not a penalty.

Sadly i think the only thing that really works (because you see it in baseball) is public embarrassment where an official basically takes so much fan abuse, and resigns or takes a lesser role. There the only ones not entangled in public relations or political correctness. It starts with the fans first then owners. Coaches vs refs, or players vs refs will go on for ages because it's treated as an isolated situation of a player and/or team with the a very symbiotic relationship between Bettman and his cronies.

This is something that should have been taken up with by the NHLPA. This is players lives and even being fined is ridiculous. Players can ridicule one another or even another coach publicly, but somehow a ref who doesn't speak out, or even issue a statement is granted autonomy, and protection from the league - what a joke.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
LOL, thats awesome. says it all.

im mad nobody made a hall reaction gif. i want to see it. but that mcdavid reaction...priceless.

i was watching the Anaheim feed and you could tell they were biting their lips. just so obvious there is something stinky going on with the nhl

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sometimes I feel like this is all some weird rollercoaster we're on with the hockey gods to lead us to five 1st overalls in 7 years, to allign with the 5 Cups in 7 years.

We can't buy a break, the Oilers probably deserved to win that game and deserved a better fate in the last game too.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006

Amen brotha.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
How much worse could it possibly get? We're already getting bent over.

some people are wimps and dont stand up for themselves. they dont want the bully to beat them any worse.

then there are men who call a spade a spade and are willing to face the consequences.

better to live like a man and say the truth.

NO sign of the horrendous call on any of the highlight runs on TSN and SN. BS

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I saw Hall skate by the ref and say "It's a joke. All ****ing year it's a ****ing joke."

Ya, I saw that as well. I know the refs like to pick on Hall, but how can you blame Hall when they keep pulling this ****?

Maroon stole the puck after the game because Anaheim has a traditional of keeping pucks or something and he wanted to get under their skin

Getzlaf asked for it after Maroon wouldn't give it to that player in the full face mask. Maroon wouldn't give it to Getzlaf either and threw it in the garbage. NICE!

Oh my god that's awesome! Him and Kassian bring exactly what we've been lacking

It's not like they can possibly call any less penalties when hall is tripped or hauled down.

I was chatting with a friend tonight as the game was going on, and his response was "well at least they didn't call Hall for diving right?". I'm scared what the next stage for these clowns could be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad