BREAKING NEWS, REFS SUCK! oil lose 2-1

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
#56 Mark Wheler is the dumb**** who called that offside btw.

Also did Clendening get injured? Last shift was with 4:43 left in the second period.
I'm hopeful McLellan realized Clendening was being a major liability and benched him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
If i am Hall, Nuge, Ebs and the coach gets fined 10k saying the truth and talking for me...

i pay him back

How is everyone missing the point?

Speaking outwardly does absolutely nothing but solidify the ref's unchallenged accountability. How so? The fines we speak of are unwavering.

Now, if the coaches were to ask for more accountability and for a system that better set up refs for punishment based on their performances? Then yes! Do it, please!

But in this system, standing up for yourself only strengthens the position of the refs on their pedestal.

"They were bad."
"Here's a 10k fine, sit down and shut up. Any more takers?"

That's how this NHL works. Challenge the right way, that's what I'm saying.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Was the linesman that called it the same linesman that Nurse drilled at the end of the first??

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Maroon stole the puck after the game because Anaheim has a traditional of keeping pucks or something and he wanted to get under their skin

Getzlaf asked for it after Maroon wouldn't give it to that player in the full face mask. Maroon wouldn't give it to Getzlaf either and threw it in the garbage. NICE!

What an interesting turn of events. Maroon is a keeper.:handclap:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Speaking outwardly does absolutely nothing but solidify the ref's unchallenged accountability. How so? The fines we speak of are unwavering.

Now, if the coaches were to ask for more accountability and for a system that better set up refs for punishment based on their performances? Then yes! Do it, please!

But in this system, standing up for yourself only strengthens the position of the refs on their pedestal.

"They were bad."

My thoughts also.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Maybe the refs are trying to help set us up for the cinderella story..

10 years of abysmal hockey.. topped off with a dead last finish

Next year Oilers move into new arena, shed all their demons, McDavid wins the Hart, leads us to a Stanley Cup, Katz signs contract for Hollywood film

..Right?! :help:

In all honesty though we played a pretty good game in my eyes other than Schultz err Clendening.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
#56 Mark Wheler is the dumb**** who called that offside btw.

Also did Clendening get injured? Last shift was with 4:43 left in the second period.

Clendening was benched for awful play. That 2nd goal was particularly bad where he made two huge screw ups in a row.

Pretty amazing that the score was as tight as it was. Honestly I think we had the better chances tonight aside from our huge breakdowns

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
tMh0oid.gif

That call

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Make a better point.

"They were bad."

Is this clear enough for you?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Maroon stole the puck after the game because Anaheim has a traditional of keeping pucks or something and he wanted to get under their skin

Getzlaf asked for it after Maroon wouldn't give it to that player in the full face mask. Maroon wouldn't give it to Getzlaf either and threw it in the garbage. NICE!

Maroon is quickly becoming my favourite Oiler.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think refs should be publicly scolded. Players and coaches who do sound off against the officials should be fined. I just hope there is some behind-the-scenes accountability. I bet there is. Ideally, coaches should be able to file grievances and attach the evidence.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
That was my amateur lip read as well. Good. I'm glad he's had enough of their ****.

They've clearly had enough of his crap too.

I mean, how many penalties can the guy fairly draw every game? That's way too much work for these guys every night. Might as well just call nothing at all.

#refrationalizations

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Should find a way to record it and put it on loop on a cd for warmup music in the Referee dressing room.

someone make a gif...that and connors reaction

connors was eactly how i felt...there was the disgust, disdain and then the moment of realization that you cant even get that moment back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad