Post-Game Talk: BREAKING NEWS: Ken Holland wants to extend 3 on 3 to regulation

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The turnaround happened a few games before Datsyuk returned. It was the Dallas game where something clicked on our team and we haven't looked back.

Datsyuk certainly helps but he is not the reason

the turnaround started to happen a few games before that against ottawa imo. was when zetterberg called out the defense for being soft

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I'd love to hear from someone who was at the game, but the crowd when Nyquist scored the winner sounded like the loudest the Joe has been in a long time, they we going nuts.

Oh, and if there's a Waffle Cup for thread titles, this one wins it :)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'd love to hear from someone who was at the game, but the crowd when Nyquist scored the winner sounded like the loudest the Joe has been in a long time, they we going nuts.

Oh, and if there's a Waffle Cup for thread titles, this one wins it :)

The Joe was pretty loud sounded like a playoff game lol

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
The turnaround happened a few games before Datsyuk returned. It was the Dallas game where something clicked on our team and we haven't looked back.

There also seems to be a correlation with how much the 4th line plays. :sarcasm:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Crazy game, we started with some different lines which totally sucked and Predators controlled the game.

Then switched back for most common lines from this season and won the game.

Larkin was unbelieveable. 11 scoring attempts plays which was his season high on my eye-test data.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
64 point pace at 35 yrs old. I don't really know what else people expect from him, tbh. And let's not forget all of that invaluable knowledge he is passing on to Larkin. Having Larkin learn from Z and D will only help him become a better player long term.
I am not sure Larkin would be this good on other teams.
Ericsson actually has been really solid lately, IMO.

Actually, everyone on the back end has been playing better lately, from top to bottom.

Dekeyser rehabilitates defensemen's careers.
DeKeyser rules.:handclap::yo:
I thought datsyuk played the 3 on 1 well, he clogged some lanes and threw the play off. Its not like he could just take away one guy.
I thought he played it very badly, but hey they did not score, so maybe he played it right.

I think Datsyuk being great at faceoffs helps hugely.
nuts fearraro has 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games on bruins
Which means we gave them a good player for nothing. But it is only 6 games.
Mrazek is playing like poopoo

That was a fun game though

I would be bashing him a lot. He allowed 2/3 softish goals. But he stole some games for us so he is forgiven. Yet he has to stabilise his game and play solid.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Seems like Kronwall-Ericsson wasn't good for anybody. I'm glad Blash sees that.
Not sure the pairing was the problem as much Ericsson just not being a #2. No surprise he looks a lot better as a #4. He's now in a position where he isn't playing out of his depth, and he looks much more comfortable.

nuts fearraro has 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games on bruins
Ah, the usual routine that every player we waive/trade goes through. Jarnkrok did the same, Nestrasil too..Janmark had a hot start in Dallas..
With the injury to Miller I sure would have liked to still have Ferraro around, but what can you do.

That 3-on-3 was our most nuts one yet so I'm not surprised. I was nearly falling off my couch. Abby breaks in on goal, then a 3-on-1 the other way with a near miss, and it goes right the other way to a Nyquist breakaway. Perfect example of how amazing 3-on-3 is...when you win.

I think Holland is reading too much of what is being written about him and it's going to his head. inflated ego, and he's not nearly the hockey genius he now believes himself to be! Just shut it, Kenny boy!
Lol, did you take the thread title seriously? :laugh:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Not sure the pairing was the problem as much Ericsson just not being a #2. No surprise he looks a lot better as a #4. He's now in a position where he isn't playing out of his depth, and he looks much more comfortable.

Ah, the usual routine that every player we waive/trade goes through. Jarnkrok did the same, Nestrasil too..Janmark had a hot start in Dallas..
With the injury to Miller I sure would have liked to still have Ferraro around, but what can you do.

That 3-on-3 was our most nuts one yet so I'm not surprised. I was nearly falling off my couch. Abby breaks in on goal, then a 3-on-1 the other way with a near miss, and it goes right the other way to a Nyquist breakaway. Perfect example of how amazing 3-on-3 is...when you win.

Lol, did you take the thread title seriously? :laugh:

I did. Should have read a few posts before posting, but Holland does bug.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Which means we gave them a good player for nothing. But it is only 6 games.

No, that's not what that means.

Like you said, it has been 6 games. Ferraro is not going to be the kind of player who is going to put up that kind of pace for an extended length of time.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Weber owns Mrazek :(

It's hard to say this but Mrazek has been very bad the past 2-3 games, Howard has been better (or atleast the team in front of him have played better in his games)

Maybe run Howard until back-to-backs

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Weber owns Mrazek :(

It's hard to say this but Mrazek has been very bad the past 2-3 games, Howard has been better (or atleast the team in front of him have played better in his games)

Maybe run Howard until back-to-backs

Wasn't Mrazek in net when we won in Nashville last year? My memory is of playing a really good road game, then the last 10 minutes Weber firing bomb after bomb from the left point and Mrazek stopping them all.

It was interesting, on the Nashville feed the commentators were talking about Nashiville moving it quickly to Weber because Mrazek plays so far out it makes it hard for him to get across to cover.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Jimmy hasn't been great lately either. I'm not too worried yet because we are winning but goaltending hasn't been that good the last few games from either one.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Jimmy hasn't been great lately either. I'm not too worried yet because we are winning but goaltending hasn't been that good the last few games from either one.

At season start se were winning because of hot goaltending and teamplay was bad.

Now we are winning with great team play and despite of bad goaltening.

I like it this way like it is now. As far as team is playing great we don't need great goaltending until the playoffs will start. There it's more than needed.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
No, that's not what that means.

Like you said, it has been 6 games. Ferraro is not going to be the kind of player who is going to put up that kind of pace for an extended length of time.

I was sarcastic, but "forgot" to use smileys:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

The team changed the way they play.

Mrazek had some softish goals lately.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Has to be said, i love how this team finds a way to win/get a point despite not playing their best hockey, that's been the case in a lot of games. And that's when you know you have a good team.

Also, the scoring has been coming from multiple people so far which is great. I mean right now we have 3 guys projected hitting 30goals right? Nyquist tatar and larks are unless i'm wrong, Abby on pace for 20+ and then you have these two old ******** called Zetterberg and Datsyuk who're pretty decent depth ;) And Behind them you guys like Richards, helm and Sheahan. Things are looking good and this team should have no problem getting into the play-offs, will be very interessting to what happens at the TDL.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Things are looking good and this team should have no problem getting into the play-offs, will be very interessting to what happens at the TDL.
That's a bit early to say, especially considering our division.

L10 records:

Montreal 6-3-1
Detroit 7-0-3
Ottawa 6-2-2
Boston 7-1-2
Florida 7-2-1
Tampa 6-3-1

Easily the best division in the NHL right now. Even Buffalo and Toronto have been sort of respectable.
For reference, there are 6 (!) Atlantic teams that have more points than the 2nd place team in the Pacific. We're going to need to continue to be good and hope for some of these other teams to start dropping out of the race.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
That's a bit early to say, especially considering our division.

L10 records:

Montreal 6-3-1
Detroit 7-0-3
Ottawa 6-2-2
Boston 7-1-2
Florida 7-2-1
Tampa 6-3-1

Easily the best division in the NHL right now. Even Buffalo and Toronto have been sort of respectable.
For reference, there are 6 (!) Atlantic teams that have more points than the 2nd place team in the Pacific. We're going to need to continue to be good and hope for some of these other teams to start dropping out of the race.
Yeah the Atlantic is looking really competitive this year, Boston and Florida looking better and Ottowa showing no signs of going away anytime soon. The real wildcard and thing that has me worried is Tampa, I just don't expect them to stay where they are and they have the team to get into the top 3. Montreal are certs, but hopefully one or two start falling away. Even still I think the team has more than enough in them to get in, they're definitely better than Florida and Ottowa IMO, Boston maybe. If they keep up the standard they've shown they'll do it I think.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Where's that one poster who was complaining about Howard's .800? Shouldn't he be here whining about Mrazek's 4.00?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: