Post-Game Talk: BREAKING NEWS: Ken Holland wants to extend 3 on 3 to regulation

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Why do people keep saying this?

He centers his own line, is still an elite passer with elite puck possesion skills. Not to mention he is captain of a team with zero character issues. He's contributing every night.

Just because he skates slower than Larkin or Tatar doesn't mean he's slowing down - he's nearly a ppg player.

It's mostly Zetterbergsbeard420 that has been saying that, tbh

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Going to tune in and cheer on the sharks to ground lightning~ would love to see those guys miss playoffs

Tampa is in dire straights atm~ Florida, Boston, DRW, Ottawa and Habs all winning, not much room for them atm

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Going to tune in and cheer on the sharks to ground lightning~ would love to see those guys miss playoffs

Tampa is in dire straights atm~ Florida, Boston, DRW, Ottawa and Habs all winning, not much room for them atm

That would sure give the "Yzerman is a genius" crowd a huge buzzkill huh? :laugh:

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Meh, agree to disagree. Thought he looked very lackadaisical, though I guess he was probably just tired.

I respect your opinion, but that's not how I saw it.

He completely neutralized Forsberg and the dreaded back door pass, forced the preds into a position where all they had was a little catch and shoot that Mrazek barely had to move for, and was the reason the rebound went over the net-and 9 seconds later it was in theirs. All of it after a long shift of 3 on 3.

Yeah, I it was totally unconventional, but that **** works for Pav.

Doesn't really matter though, a wins a win. Just fun to discuss the finer points with folks who have great taste in hockey teams.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Why do people keep saying this?

He centers his own line, is still an elite passer with elite puck possesion skills. Not to mention he is captain of a team with zero character issues. He's contributing every night.

Just because he skates slower than Larkin or Tatar doesn't mean he's slowing down - he's nearly a ppg player.

Father Time is undefeated. A 35 year-old slowing down shouldn't be a controversial opinion; it would be unusual if he wasn't slowing down. Go back and watch Zetterberg from 10 years ago; he is nearly unrecognizable from the player he is today.

That being said, he is still an incredibly vital part of this team, both from a leadership and on-ice standpoint.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
thank you ryan ellis for the fantastic penalty to put the wings on the powerplay for the tying goal

easily smith's best game of the season. but wtf was he doing going for a change on the 3 on 1? lol

hell of a game

Smith had some shifts and confident moves, I was like :amazed::amazed::amazed:
I could not believe it was him. Maybe he should fight more often.

He did, but honestly I thought his defense prior to that was freaking god awful.
He was gassed and alone 3 on 1.
Maybe its emotions, but Im still pissed that Ellis only got a 2 minute penalty there. Not only was the hit very dirty and by the looks of things very intentional with plenty of time to pull up, he went at Helm as Helm was clearly dazed then he sat in the box and smirked while watching the replay. Taking after Weber I guess...I'll never forget him slamming Z's head into the glass.

Anyways...Great game, this team is really showing us something here. Could be scary when it's all put together. Thought Smith generated some nice things out there in the offensive zone. Looked more comfortable to take some chances.

It was 2 min. Helm sold it a bit.

Larkin 19 +/-, next closest is Big Rig with +6. Pretty incredible.

So Ericsson is not that bad.

Tatar, Nyquist and Larkin all on a 30 goal or better pace right now. Times are changing. Wouldn't give up on Z quite so much yet though.

Abby?

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
We're witnessing a changing of the guard right now.

Larkin and Tatar are right up there for the team lead in pts with Zetterberg, and by seasons end I expect them to be well past Z as he will only slow down more and more

You complain about Zetterberg every game man. Give it a break, or at least change your username :laugh:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'd rather keep the 4th liners on the 4th line. I like how Helm is playing, but I'd rather move him down to the 4th and call up AA or Mantha.
AA or Mantha on Datsyuk's wing = perfect lineup for right now imo. Sad to say it but Jurco is showing nothing. Absolutely nothing. AA got 8-9 minutes per game when he was up and he probably had more noticeable good plays in one of those games than Jurco has had all season.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Father Time is undefeated. A 35 year-old slowing down shouldn't be a controversial opinion; it would be unusual if he wasn't slowing down. Go back and watch Zetterberg from 10 years ago; he is nearly unrecognizable from the player he is today.

That being said, he is still an incredibly vital part of this team, both from a leadership and on-ice standpoint.

Well, in this sense yeah you're right obviously.

But he's still a 50-60 point player. That's not too shabby for his age.

LongBeach

Unregistered NonUser
Feb 14, 2012
Right, and he mentioned this last game...

He never said Larkin was scoring leader. He HAS said he leads all rookies in +/-

Correct... I know he never said Larkin was scoring leader... He just said Larkin was 2nd in rookie scoring behind Domi, which isn't true if you go by points or goals... Before tonight's game Panarin lead the points with 26, and there was a 3-way tie in goals with 10 between Domi, Larkin, & Lindberg.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Well, in this sense yeah you're right obviously.

But he's still a 50-60 point player. That's not too shabby for his age.

64 point pace at 35 yrs old. I don't really know what else people expect from him, tbh. And let's not forget all of that invaluable knowledge he is passing on to Larkin. Having Larkin learn from Z and D will only help him become a better player long term.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
The more I see Green play, the more I'm liking him. (I was in the Phaneuf crowd in the summer).

I knew he had elite vision and was a great skater, but man he looks solid right now. I expect him to lead us in d-man scoring this year.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Smith had some shifts and confident moves, I was like :amazed::amazed::amazed:
I could not believe it was him. Maybe he should fight more often.

He was gassed and alone 3 on 1.

It was 2 min. Helm sold it a bit.

So Ericsson is not that bad.

Abby?

Ericsson actually has been really solid lately, IMO.

Actually, everyone on the back end has been playing better lately, from top to bottom.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Great finish. Glad they pulled the win out their ass.
We're on pace for 32OT games this year. lol

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
You complain about Zetterberg every game man. Give it a break, or at least change your username :laugh:

Alright, lets go back and analyze my comment then.

We're witnessing a changing of the guard right now.

Larkin and Tatar are right up there for the team lead in pts with Zetterberg, and by seasons end I expect them to be well past Z as he will only slow down more and more

This was my comment. Lets evaluate it together.

We're witnessing a changing of the guard right now

This is an opinion, and is not a complaint

Larkin and Tatar are right up there for the team lead in pts with Zetterberg

This is a fact, and is not a complaint

by seasons end I expect them to be well past Z as he will only slow down more and more

This is a prediction based on current play, and play from last season. This is not a complaint.

Conclusion: After evaluating my original comment, I do not see a single complaint embedded within it. Feel free to point any complaints I may have typed out, as maybe I missed them.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Alright, lets go back and analyze my comment then.

This was my comment. Lets evaluate it together.

This is an opinion, and is not a complaint

This is a fact, and is not a complaint

This is a prediction based on current play, and play from last season. This is not a complaint.

Conclusion: After evaluating my original comment, I do not see a single complaint embedded within it. Feel free to point any complaints I may have typed out, as maybe I missed them.

Your post was a backhanded complaint about Zetterberg, imo. Zetterberg hasn't really declined since last year considering in his first 30 games last year he had 22 points. So far he's got 21 in 27, basically the same pace as last year. The torch is definitely starting to be passed to the younger guys, but Zetts is still tied for the team league in scoring. Still has elite vision and along with Dats is the best playmaker on this team by a country mile. I'm sure he'll finish top 2-3 on the team with 65 (+) points, again. He is not declining as steeply as some would like to believe.

There are plenty of examples where you have posted plenty of negative things about Zetterberg during this offseason and it has continued into the year (No, I'm not going to go digging through your post history either). This post may have not been an overt complain, but you knew what you were doing when you typed that.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I thought datsyuk played the 3 on 1 well, he clogged some lanes and threw the play off. Its not like he could just take away one guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: