Post-Game Talk: BREAKING NEWS: Ken Holland wants to extend 3 on 3 to regulation

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Maybe its emotions, but Im still pissed that Ellis only got a 2 minute penalty there. Not only was the hit very dirty and by the looks of things very intentional with plenty of time to pull up, he went at Helm as Helm was clearly dazed then he sat in the box and smirked while watching the replay. Taking after Weber I guess...I'll never forget him slamming Z's head into the glass.

Anyways...Great game, this team is really showing us something here. Could be scary when it's all put together. Thought Smith generated some nice things out there in the offensive zone. Looked more comfortable to take some chances.

LongBeach

Unregistered NonUser
Feb 14, 2012
Ken Daniels needs to fire his fact-checker... As much as I hate it since he played in the KHL for 6+ years, Panarin is the rookie leader in scoring... Not Domi.

I'd take Larkin on my team over those two, anyways... Kid is ****ing fantastic.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Ken Daniels needs to fire his fact-checker... As much as I hate it since he played in the KHL for 6+ years, Panarin is the rookie leader in scoring... Not Domi.

I'd take Larkin on my team over those two, anyways... Kid is ****ing fantastic.

Pretty sure was referring to goals scored.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
I was dreading Weber's hat trick would be the story of the game, thank **** for Ryan Ellis. If I was a Predators fan (and I thank my lucky stars I'm not) I'd be livid with him, taking a revenge hit like that on Helm, which deserved a major, with just over two to go in the 3rd with a one goal lead is just plain selfish, you do that early on in the next game against the Wings, not then. Utter stupidity and completely lost his team the game.

Not that I give a hoot, that win just made my weekend.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
4th line got 1:00 in the 3rd. i was half expecting Jurco to make an appearance on a higher line but no

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Miller is the difference for the PK, and kudos to Dats for his awesome defense 3 on 1.

When things come around, the goalie has to be your best PKer. I doubt any forward would've made a difference to those point shots. 2nd & 3rd PP goals were saveable.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nyquist - was quiet but part of a good line all game, came up big in the 3rd and OT
Tatar - great all game
Smith - his best game of the season.

HM: Larkin. Didn't like his first 2 periods and his giveaway on the PK, but after that he stepped up and was buzzing for the 3rd period and OT.

Wild game. Weak start, but we got better as the game went on and the team showed a lot of character by really playing hard despite falling behind by 2 goals twice. They seem to be really having a good thing going right now. A lot of players are starting to look more confident out there.

Richards had a very good game, Abby was highly involved in a lot of plays, Green was fantastic... it really was only the PK and Mrazek that looked bad.

10 game point streak. Is this team starting to gel?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeadude, actually he played that perfectly.

NHL network slurpin Larkness after the game. Can't say I blame em.

On to the next one

Meh, agree to disagree. Thought he looked very lackadaisical, though I guess he was probably just tired.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We're witnessing a changing of the guard right now.

Larkin and Tatar are right up there for the team lead in pts with Zetterberg, and by seasons end I expect them to be well past Z as he will only slow down more and more

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Larkin and Tatar are right up there for the team lead in pts with Zetterberg, and by seasons end I expect them to be well past Z as he will only slow down more and more

Tatar, Nyquist and Larkin all on a 30 goal or better pace right now. Times are changing. Wouldn't give up on Z quite so much yet though.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

Why do people keep saying this?

He centers his own line, is still an elite passer with elite puck possesion skills. Not to mention he is captain of a team with zero character issues. He's contributing every night.

Just because he skates slower than Larkin or Tatar doesn't mean he's slowing down - he's nearly a ppg player.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
4th line got 1:00 in the 3rd. i was half expecting Jurco to make an appearance on a higher line but no

I'd rather keep the 4th liners on the 4th line. I like how Helm is playing, but I'd rather move him down to the 4th and call up AA or Mantha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad