Post-Game Talk: BREAKING NEWS: Ken Holland wants to extend 3 on 3 to regulation

tsbilly

May 20, 2012
Actually a pretty smart play. He knows he can't catch them so he jumps in one end of the bench and Kronwall immediately gets out on the far end and makes up about 30 feet. 100% by design, and actually directly led to the Nyquist goal.

I hate this play and I think it should be illegal.

Wan't to have more scoring? The man going off has to be, at least, parallel to the guy coming on.

A change in line should not impose an inherent advantage.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Wan't to have more scoring? The man going off has to be, at least, parallel to the guy coming on.

No. No. No.

Changing how changes work in the NHL would be an absolute nightmare.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I've followed the Red Wings less this year than in any year in the past 15. (Personal/Family/Job issues, etc..)

Is there a link to this? (I'm not doubting you. I want to read about this) This is what a captain needs to do.

I used to be in the know but this year, I'm like "Wait, what happened?"

It was one of the post game interviews on the fsd post game show so I don't have a link. Obviously he didn't outright say the defense was soft but you could tell that's exactly what he meant

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

dont really need rule changes to create more scoring for 3 on 3

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
No. No. No.

Changing how changes work in the NHL would be an absolute nightmare.

exactly. will cause alot more penalties as well, not what the nhl wants. Especially if they want more penalties anyway, because thats a dumb one.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Toews put up 0.84 pts/g
Larkin currently has 0.77 pts/gm

Total points, yes. Toews only played 64 games that year.
Toews played about 2 minutes more per game than Larkin. I don't really doubt that Larkin could put up even more points with a bit more icetime.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I just re-watched the highlights, and I just don't understand NHL players.

I was already angry at Brendan Smith for changing as they were breaking out 3 on 1. I don't care how tired you are, you can't be THAT tired where at least forcing the 3 on 1 to hurry wouldn't be better than what you did.

And now, I noticed the player on Nashville actively avoiding Kronwall so he can change as Kronwall passes it up to Nyquist for the breakaway. I get it, we've learned that you need to be fresh in this fast paced era, but can we use a little bit of basic common sense??

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

I was already angry at Brendan Smith for changing as they were breaking out 3 on 1. I don't care how tired you are, you can't be THAT tired where at least forcing the 3 on 1 to hurry wouldn't be better than what you did.

And now, I noticed the player on Nashville actively avoiding Kronwall so he can change as Kronwall passes it up to Nyquist for the breakaway. I get it, we've learned that you need to be fresh in this fast paced era, but can we use a little bit of basic common sense??

Brendan Smith made the right play there. Looking at the replay again he was probably told to change, he puts his head down to start skating then looks over at the bench then skated over there.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

they do it because they're so far behind the play and the bench is in fact further up the ice then the player with fresh legs on that bench, in theory as smith gets towards the bench a fresh guy can jump on, be closer to the play, and be fresher and thus quicker to catch up,

i understand fully why he did it and wh the preds player did so as well

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Only because Nashville didn't score.

No, there's no way he catches up with that play. He was winded, someone with fresh legs further up the ice got on.

No one is *****ing about Abby going for a change at the exact same time.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No, there's no way he catches up with that play. He was winded, someone with fresh legs further up the ice got on.

No one is *****ing about Abby going for a change at the exact same time.

Abby was tripped up on the play and crashed into the ref. Smith simply fell on his own.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Smith wouldn't have made a difference on the play either way. Smith makes a lot of bad decisions, but going for a change there wasn't one of them. In fact, getting a fresh Kronwall out there arguably created the goal. Even if Nashville scores though Smith made the right decision.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Thank jesus Smith has been in recently instead of kindl. At least he is willing to be physical and fights people. Kindl would try to avoid a 50lb 3 yr old trying to lay a hit on him like the little ***** that he is.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Thank jesus Smith has been in recently instead of kindl. At least he is willing to be physical and fights people. Kindl would try to avoid a 50lb 3 yr old trying to lay a hit on him like the little ***** that he is.

The worst part is that Kindl isn't small either. 6'3, 215. You'd think he throw the body around at that size, but nope he's the biggest ***** around. What a waste of size. I guess his model girlfriend and "good looks" are more important than playing hockey.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The worst part is that Kindl isn't small either. 6'3, 215. You'd think he throw the body around at that size, but nope he's the biggest ***** around. What a waste of size. I guess his model girlfriend and "good looks" are more important than playing hockey.

Every time I watch him I get so mad. He actively avoids contact. He literally chooses to let the opposition have the puck in favor of being hit. He doesn't ever want to engage in a puck battle.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Why bright up his hot girlfriend? It smacks of jealously.

Every time I watch him I get so mad. He actively avoids contact. He literally chooses to let the opposition have the puck in favor of being hit. He doesn't ever want to engage in a puck battle.

Yeah, the dude won't take a hit to make a play in the D-zone. Like, ever... Should have been forward if he wants to play that way the majority of the time. Too late for that now though.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

It sure is funny how any time a player has a famous girlfriend/wife, they get blamed for everything and suddenly the player can't focus on their job.

Because every other multi-million dollar athlete who gets paid to be in great shape doesn't also have an incredibly hot girlfriend/wife that just isn't famous?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

This is a fact of 3 on 3, it creates chances like that. There is no way Smith was catching that play to help in any way. Might as well get off and get fresh legs and hope the other team misses.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
This is a fact of 3 on 3, it creates chances like that. There is no way Smith was catching that play to help in any way. Might as well get off and get fresh legs and hope the other team misses.

Pretty much this. I'd say Kronwall was actually able to get down there faster than Smith would have been anyways -- the dude was gassed at that point. I think he definitely made the right play.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Hahah, Kronner prank

PrwzrUL.png

(from Reddit)

Tatar is enjoying it: https://www.instagram.com/p/_ACzYzn1cj/

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Toews played about 2 minutes more per game than Larkin. I don't really doubt that Larkin could put up even more points with a bit more icetime.

Finally, the whole picture.

Brendan Smith made the right play there. Looking at the replay again he was probably told to change, he puts his head down to start skating then looks over at the bench then skated over there.
Smith was tired, Kronwall not. Basicly Smith stole some very valuable feet there in addition was Kronwall fresher to catch up.
Good play by Smith in my books.:handclap:
In the end, the result is all what counts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad