OT: Breaking: Multiple Pedestrians Struck By Van At Yonge and Finch

Status
Not open for further replies.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I'll vehemontly disagree with you - these scumbags want suicide by cop. He was baiting the cop to shoot / kill him.

A just punishment is to lock him up and let him rot for the rest of his life. Far more deserved punishment than giving them what they want.

I do agree with you in regards to this situation and this crime. the guy should be locked in a box and never be allowed to see the light of day again. .

but with our jails as a whole we need to go back to the chain gang from the 1800s early 1900s. you go to jail you go in to work camps . free labor for the governments. you make someone do hard labor for 5/10/15/20 years 16 hours a day for there time spent in the pen depending on the crimes it will deter most from even thinking about it. A lot of people go to jail and do stupid shit like this now a days because they don't want to work. they hate winter (have a few cousins that as soon as it gets cold they screw up and get sent to jail for 6 months.) the inmates that are a high threat of escaping go to isolated sites like nwt Yukon northern Manitoba. you make going to prison hard and hellacious

this is a tragedy that should have never happened. my sympathy and condolences to all that are affected. wish we didn't live in such a cowardice and idiotic time.

Reactions: Tak7

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
very lucky this maniac didn't choose until after the leaf game to do this where many thousands of people will be exiting the ACC

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this really makes me kind of mad. like i get he could be sick mentally and all, but this is why i never get about people whole wipe out all these innocent people before they kill themselves or want the cops to take them out. and i know that's probably part of the illness, but seriously, just go down the the river and end it if you want to die. don't make others suffer :(

i'm sorry if this seems mean or unfair or unsympathetic.. it's just.. it's just poopy.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
This is putting it in a wrong way. What we need is more awareness and helplines, there are many people that needs help but doesn't have a clue what to do in this situation.

Every life is equal and if we can avoid such tragedy it would be in the best of the interests of both parties.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
My toughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy. Hopefully the Leafs can win tonight and show that they will not be affected by outside events

Reactions: GongShowWilly

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
this really makes me kind of mad. like i get he could be sick mentally and all, but this is why i never get about people whole wipe out all these innocent people before they kill themselves or want the cops to take them out. and i know that's probably part of the illness, but seriously, just go down the the river and end it if you want to die. don't make others suffer :(

i'm sorry if this seems mean or unfair or unsympathetic.. it's just.. it's just poopy.

As you mentioned, they usually aren't in the right state of mind and the brain is so complex. This man didn't see the world the same as you and he didn't think like you... or at least didn't care.

Heart goes out to everybody affected. So tragic for those who lost their lives, the families to have to go through this, and I'm sure a bunch of the 16 injured will have a very tough time recouping. Praying for everybody affected.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I'll vehemontly disagree with you - these scumbags want suicide by cop. He was baiting the cop to shoot / kill him.

A just punishment is to lock him up and let him rot for the rest of his life. Far more deserved punishment than giving them what they want.

Yeah it's just for Canadian tax payers to fund his life for the rest of his worthless time on the planet.

That cop deserves all the praise in the world. I don't want to delve to deep into this issue as it isn't really the time or place but the issue with a lot of what has gone on in the States is cops being scared and completely forgetting the training that they have been given. By the looks of what happened today that cop wasn't scarred, stayed composed and did his job exactly how it is supposed to be done.

A guy just ran down nearly 30 people, you honestly think he couldn't have a weapon on him?

The cop is EXTREMELY fortunate he didn't and looking at the European massacres as examples (where gun laws are often much tougher), these usual incidents actually do involve firearms as well.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah it's just for Canadian tax payers to fund his life for the rest of his worthless time on the planet.

A guy just ran down nearly 30 people, you honestly think he couldn't have a weapon on him?

The cop is EXTREMELY fortunate he didn't and looking at the European massacres as examples (where gun laws are often much tougher), these usual incidents actually do involve firearms as well.
I didn't say I thought he couldn't have a weapon on him. He could have...but he didn't. The cops job is to identify the threat and whether there is that threat. The fact there wasn't a weapon and he didn't fire on him means the cop literally did his job to a tee.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
This is a direct product of this bs “rights based healthcare” we have in this continent. Its just insane to me that people who aren’t 100% all there are allowed to refuse treatment or at least be forced to attend some sort of routine assessment. We need asylums back in a huge way, how many tragedies will it take for people to realize that not all people are made equal. That is not to say that all people who are mentally affected by disease or horrible life circumstances are bad people, no no no. Ive worked in healthcare for many many years, most of these people are identified as early as one or two years old. Many of them get treatment and turn out completely normal, but the problem is when mommy and daddy are in denial about their “special” kid and refuse to help them in any way, and then their problems just manifest until they break out like this in some rare cases.

I feel so strongly about this because many of these instances are avoidable, but in many cases, a combination of social rights, pride/neglect, and denial completely hinder social systems from helping people like this. Nature isn’t fair, it doesn’t make people equal, and when you are dealing with traits as complex as human cognition, these black and white rules we have in place are causing a lot of harm to innocent people. We need to give more rights to healthcare professionals and social workers and the sort in order for these people to get help. This guy isn’t a terrorist, hes a psychiatric case, you can tell from his actions in the videos. Sad sad sad.

wtf are you talking about? the vast majority of criminals are not mentally ill by any medical standard, they are bad people and those who commit heinous crimes of this magnitude are evil. This is terrorism from all reports, he was known to police and regarded as a threat to commit terrorist acts. Terrorists kill for a cause and/or a belief, jihadists believe they are fighting a war for Allah.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
RIP.

Why do people do these terrible things?
Not too sympathize with the accused, it's a terrible tragedy. But, often in these cases the person has a personality disorder. They have been repeatedly raped as children, bullied to the extreme, poisoned repeatedly, they have been disabled by people and their quality of life has been reduced from a bright future to sitting on a coach in assisted housing watching TV all day because they can no longer function. In most of these cases the person with a personality disorder has been pushed over the edge and have become sociopaths and in most of these cases these people have been wronged to the extreme. Even terrorists generally have personality disorders. Living in a place like Syria where there is constant gunfire, their families have been blown up by suicide bombers or even civilian casualties of bombs from the States for example. Not too mention the threat of ISIS. The quality of life in a place like that is not something a Canadian living a cushy life can relate too. Most people won't care and look at the crime and say bad, which it is. But, his brain is not the same anymore, it's changed chemically most of the time, it's changed chemically because of their life experience with people. People won't care of his struggle and he will not care of theirs because of his own. Again, I'm not saying what he did was right.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
My prayers and thoughts to the families and loved ones of the victims. Nothing can be said or done to ease the terrible loss.

This happens too often. So sad.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I live in Japan where the public support for death penalty is 80 % - 90%.
I don't understand why Canada abolished it.
Life sentence is a waste of money and time.
We live in a first world country, which is better known for being a peacekeeping nation. We don't kill people here.

He'll probably be killed by an inmate anyway, who's paid by one of the family members of the victims.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
... This is terrorism from all reports, he was known to police and regarded as a threat to commit terrorist acts. Terrorists kill for a cause and/or a belief, jihadists believe they are fighting a war for Allah.
What reports are those as it is certainly not all reports. This is the only info I could find on the suspect: Alek Minassian: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com It doesnt say there were any terrorist, at least Islamic terrorist, links. They may change but where are you getting " all reports" from?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I dont care about taxpayers. The families of those he killed pay taxes.

They want him punished. So do I. A few bullet holes in his chest isnt punishment. Its Mission Accomplished.

Let him rot. Lost & forgotten. Thats the real punishment.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Why don't people like this just leave our country instead of running people over. If you hate our country so much then just leave. What an absolute coward and what a waste of air. The guy is beyond idiot. I heard he ran over some lady with her stroller too. Eject this clown into space.

If anyone here is affected in any way from this, my heart goes out to you. I can't believe this happened in our country. We're with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad