OT: Breaking: Multiple Pedestrians Struck By Van At Yonge and Finch

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Until we have more info, I think it would be best to keep any political discussion around this tragedy to the politics board. Let's wait for concrete evidence before we start debating whether it was Jihadi inspired terrorism, a lone wolf attack or just a mentally disturbed person.

Again, my deepest condolences. My biggest fear today was the Leafs getting knocked out. This puts life in perspective. My deepest condolences to the people killed just for walking a city street at the wrong time. Having this happen in Toronto seems like a violation of the highest order.

I've thought about this a lot over the past few years and to be honest, there doesn't need to be political discussion no matter what. There are of course a very small percentage of terrible people in all cultures, nationalities and races but 99% of people are decent no matter who or what they are. No one owns horrors like this; it's irrelevant if it turns out to be a lone wolf or a someone else. Geez I feel for the people affected though.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
This news hits home for me, I used to work in the area. Prayers for friends and families of the victims.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened in Canada...

I have clients in that area and I'm there every once in a while but even more strange is my son and his friends were on Yonge yesterday and believe it or not, my son and I were actually in Barcelona on Las Ramblas the day the same thing happened there last August (about 2 hours earlier).

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't think the cop deserves praise at all.

The guy is making a verbal threat to him and this comes AFTER he has obviously carried out a very violent crime.

Put a slug in him, whether crazy or terrorist, one less violent parasite in the world.

Now Canada will likely have to foot the 50k+ yearly bill to house and feed this animal.

I'll vehemontly disagree with you - these scumbags want suicide by cop. He was baiting the cop to shoot / kill him.

A just punishment is to lock him up and let him rot for the rest of his life. Far more deserved punishment than giving them what they want.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I can’t believe they brought this shit to Toronto there goes our safe little town. I except more copycats and BS. I’m so upset right now.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I was working 10 minutes down the street from here today, we didn’t know what was happening other than tons of police and paramedics going past us. Had to call a few people to tell them everyone here was safe. Hoping the game can take my mind off things soon.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'll vehemontly disagree with you - these scumbags want suicide by cop. He was baiting the cop to shoot / kill him.

A just punishment is to lock him up and let him rot for the rest of his life. Far more deserved punishment than giving them what they want.
That cop deserves all the praise in the world. I don't want to delve to deep into this issue as it isn't really the time or place but the issue with a lot of what has gone on in the States is cops being scared and completely forgetting the training that they have been given. By the looks of what happened today that cop wasn't scarred, stayed composed and did his job exactly how it is supposed to be done.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
**** we are following the trend of US Pejorative Slurs now. This is really sad and it almost looks like that the victim wanted to do this on purpose. It's Pejorative Slured and sick.:mad:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I get wanting revenge on a guy like this and hoping for him to get tortured and killed, but I think that's the wrong way to go. Canada is a society of laws and values, and I think they should still be upheld. I don't want our country to change anything about how we do things for his sake. he's not worth it, and he deserves to rot in a cell.

I am very appreciative of the kind words from Boston fans and others. You guys are good people

Agreed. The very moment you turn to torture and revenge, you are putting that person in the same position of agony and fear that angered you in the first place. It's futile and self-defeating. And we don't even know who this guy is yet.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Really sorry to hear it, fellas. Terrible.
Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Don't let the bastards get you down.

They win if you live in fear.

Stay strong and keep on going. Live your life and give these bastards the V.

Reactions: Coatsy79

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
The Jets have huge dump trucks parked at all ends of the block parties. Shooting this guy dead would have been easiest for all of us but perhaps they can learn something from him. Why is he mentally ill or why is he a terrorist. Did we drop a 500 pound bomb on his family?

The innocent pedestrians that were killed by him? No I don't think they dropped any bombs on his family...

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Thank you to you folks outside of the city and to fans of other teams. Toronto will rally and help those affected and like other cities that have experienced this type of hate, we will stand tall and proud against those who would do us harm. Give your loved ones a hug today.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Thoughts and prayers with everyone involved.

Our world seems to have lost it’s way at times and the only way we will find it again is together.

We could start by putting our phones down and actually talk to each other, and tell our families how much we love them.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
So surreal. Ive walked that stretch a thousand times. Many a night of drinks at Moxies and hit that Tim Hortons every day for 5 years. Both of those places step out to the sidewalk that was targeted.

Such a vibrant area but thats probably why that maniac targeted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad