OT: Breaking: Multiple Pedestrians Struck By Van At Yonge and Finch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
The media, particularly the CBC, have 'confirmed' it.

As the National Post says a "Facebook post that appears to be from Minassian shortly before the van attack suggests his spark may have been frustration or anger over unsuccessful attempts to attract a female companion."

Since nothing has been confirmed, not even that he really posted that, we have no idea what his actual motivations were.

Facebook was the one to confirm it, not the CBC. They confirmed the post, the account, the time posted, and its removal. Unless you want to delve into conspiracy theory, Facebook is confirming that post came from his account shortly before his rampage. And a post which clearly indicates an association to Incel and a threat towards who they deem as targets.

Toronto van attack: What is an 'incel'?

Reactions: PuckMagi

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Even if he is an incel, there is no indication that that was his motivation. That info is yet to come out.

From the NP: "Police say it is too early to speculate as to a motive, and have emphasized that all aspects are being investigated and nothing has been ruled out."

And no, Facebook has not confirmed it. From the same article quoted above, and linked below, "A Facebook spokesperson said on background the post seems to be a legitimate post made to Minassian’s Facebook page before the company took it down."

It says "seems to be", not definitely is.

Again, as the police said it is too early top speculate. Could that have been his motivation? Yes. Could something else have been his motivation? yes.

What we know about Alek Minassian: Toronto van attack suspect was briefly in Canadian Forces, posted about ‘Incel Rebellion’

This is the exact quote from the article you quoted.

“A Facebook spokesperson said on background the post seems to be a legitimate post made to Minassian’s Facebook page before the company took it down.
“This is a terrible tragedy and our hearts go out to the people who have been affected,” said a Facebook spokesperson, who asked not to be named. “There is absolutely no place on our platform for people who commit such horrendous acts. We have found and immediately deleted the suspect’s Facebook account.””

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You're assuming that was the motive. The CBC is running with it because it fits their narrative, but there is no actual info out there about motive yet.

The incel post has been confirmed as legit by Facebook and even mentions the guy that did the same act in the states a few years ago. Seems like a clear motive to me but I’m no cop just a soon to be law teacher lol.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The incel post has been confirmed as legit by Facebook and even mentions the guy that did the same act in the states a few years ago. Seems like a clear motive to me but I’m no cop just a soon to be law teacher lol.

I am also a soon to be law teacher as well. Will be done my BEd in 2019! Hbu? And I think until all facts come out we can't assume anything. The only thing that is certain is that what he did was clearly wrong and one way or another he will never be a free man, whether it's in a mental institute or a penitentiary

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I am also a soon to be law teacher as well. Will be done my BEd in 2019! Hbu? And I think until all facts come out we can't assume anything. The only thing that is certain is that what he did was clearly wrong and one way or another he will never be a free man, whether it's in a mental institute or a penitentiary

Yup, 2019 for me too

Reactions: francis246
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad