Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagesticSSS

Oct 30, 2018
You guys see Point scoring 80 points this season? Is he an upgrade over Trocheck?

Cats in my league are Goals 3, Assists 2, +/- 0.5, PPP 1, SOG 0.4

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
You guys see Point scoring 80 points this season? Is he an upgrade over Trocheck?

Cats in my league are Goals 3, Assists 2, +/- 0.5, PPP 1, SOG 0.4
Based on +/- points alone he will be worth it. He's on track for 90 right now, but probably won't hit it. I can see him around 70-75 on the top end. 55-60 on the low end.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
70-75 would be great, an improvement from last year but he's taken a bigger role this year also.. Pretty much been utilized as our #1C,

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
70-75 would be great, an improvement from last year but he's taken a bigger role this year also.. Pretty much been utilized as our #1C,

Except in PP time, but I hope that changes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we're seeing him enter the tier of the elite.

I remember in 2015, vs. the Hawks, it was already trendy to **** on Jonathan Toews, league-wide, but the general reaction around this board was: whenever Toews stepped onto the ice, he controlled the game. And when he stepped on the ice in a clutch moment, you just knew he was gonna find a way to make SOMETHING happen. Which, of course, as a TB fan, was terrifying.

That's what Point gives us. Not saying it looks the same as Toews (I maintain it looks a hell of a lot like 1998 Steve Yzerman), but it's that same kind of control. As a fan, he's just always the guy I want with the puck in the biggest moments now. Because he's gonna force something to happen, through sheer will if he has to.

I think him and Barkov are going to be this generation's Datsyuk and Bergeron when it comes to Selkes.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sure, but Keith didn't single-handedly beat us. A lot of the Hawks players showed up for that series. Both Toews and Kane were great.
Kane was completely neutered by Hedman and Toews was... idk fine? His performances don't stand out to me at all.

Keith single-handedly beat us.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Keith single-handedly shut our entire offense down because that horse was on the ice 30+ minutes. But we can’t compare Point to Keith nor should we.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kane was completely neutered by Hedman and Toews was... idk fine? His performances don't stand out to me at all.

Keith single-handedly beat us.

Yeah.. I have no recollection of Toews doing anything offensively, we praised Paquette-Callahan for shutting his line down. Toews was contributing on defensive end of things which is what Stamkos wasn't doing while being useless offensively.

But Keith and Crawford were the monsters in Chicago in that series.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah.. I have no recollection of Toews doing anything offensively, we praised Paquette-Callahan for shutting his line down. Toews was contributing on defensive end of things which is what Stamkos wasn't doing while being useless offensively.

Yeah - Kane had 4 points that series. Toews only had 2. Neither were huge difference makers (and it was a low scoring final outside of one game).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

The defensive side is probably what I'm remembering. That, and in last minute situations. I'm mostly thinking about posts on our board, and the comparisons between Toews and Stamkos.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
The defensive side is probably what I'm remembering. That, and in last minute situations. I'm mostly thinking about posts on our board, and the comparisons between Toews and Stamkos.
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa -

I see the problem. Of course Toews looks better than playoff-Stamkos. Put me in skates and I look better than playoff Stamkos.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa -

I see the problem. Of course Toews looks better than playoff-Stamkos. Put me in skates and I look better than playoff Stamkos.
To be quite honest I don't think you even need skates to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad