Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Its like how no one had any idea how good Heddy was until we got some national televised playoff games and non Tampa people got to see him. Its happening with Point this year now

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
3OC8gAL_d.jpg

Russianguyovich’s new lucky shirt. Hide yo girlfriends and meet me in the parking lot (notice the pipes)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lebrun said on tsn today that points agent meet with BriseBois but the sides are going let the season playout and talk contract after the season .

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lebrun said on tsn today that points agent meet with BriseBois but the sides are going let the season playout and talk contract after the season .

Weird situation where you almost want Toronto to bring that Nylander contract in low, because that feels like a pretty close comparable for Point. On the other hand, if Toronto caves (I think it's unlikely, unless their train goes off the rails), and Nylander gets his 7+, it lessens the likelihood of our biggest divisional threat keeping their center depth together. Nylander is rumored, according to Canadian hockey media, to be not budging off 8m, while Toronto's offering a lot closer to 6.

I do think Point is putting himself in that upper tier of first RFA contracts though. Right now the going rate seems to be 6ish. Drouin got 5 or 5.5, so Point probably comes in above that. Maybe Pastrnak money, given Pastrnak signed, I believe, under a lower cap ceiling. I'd put my money on 6, give or take a couple hundred thousand.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Weird situation where you almost want Toronto to bring that Nylander contract in low, because that feels like a pretty close comparable for Point. On the other hand, if Toronto caves (I think it's unlikely, unless their train goes off the rails), and Nylander gets his 7+, it lessens the likelihood of our biggest divisional threat keeping their center depth together. Nylander is rumored, according to Canadian hockey media, to be not budging off 8m, while Toronto's offering a lot closer to 6.

I do think Point is putting himself in that upper tier of first RFA contracts though. Right now the going rate seems to be 6ish. Drouin got 5 or 5.5, so Point probably comes in above that. Maybe Pastrnak money, given Pastrnak signed, I believe, under a lower cap ceiling. I'd put my money on 6, give or take a couple hundred thousand.
I know the lightning are going to want to bridge point like they did with kucherov and i'm unsure how point will feel about that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad