Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If only he could teach Killorn to crash the net the way he does.

It's not like he pays a huge price for it either. It's more like he darts in at the right time and cashes in. He's not out there taking Brendan Gallagher-type abuse for standing in the crease. It's not the conventional way to score from two feet out over and over and over.

ADD: About Gourde, not Point.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
And of course he's not. I love Point. I want his babies. But he's not our best player.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he might be at some point in the next couple of years though.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Only player with a higher 5v5 primary scoring rate in the NHL is pettersson last I checked

All joking aside, I think he is definitely one of the best. Arguably our best. I think McDonagh and maybe Vasi has been better. But thats no knock on Point and everything with how they are playing. People dont realize how much those two have saved our asses at times.

Reactions: JDBolt

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
My guess is something above 6. 6.5 maybe.

He should ask for $8m as a starting point from his side and rightfully so, given his importance to the team. If we can get him for $6-6.5m BrisBois should've taken over a long time ago.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He should ask for $8m as a starting point from his side and rightfully so, given his importance to the team. If we can get him for $6-6.5m BrisBois should've taken over a long time ago.

We were saying similar things about Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov, Johnson etc. His agent will probably ask for 8 but I think the team talks him into doing what the rest of the team has done prior to him. Take a little less for the good of the team.

Reactions: JDBolt

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
We were saying similar things about Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov, Johnson etc. His agent will probably ask for 8 but I think the team talks him into doing what the rest of the team has done prior to him. Take a little less for the good of the team.

Greedily thinking, I surely hope so. ;)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Not really. He's still a tier below Pastrnak and MacKinnon etc, maybe Barkov, and that's what they got under a lower cap. The higher cap, plus the hometown discount everybody seems to take, IMO, shakes out to about 6.5. His UFA contract will be a whole different monster.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not really. He's still a tier below Pastrnak and MacKinnon etc, maybe Barkov, and that's what they got under a lower cap. The higher cap, plus the hometown discount everybody seems to take, IMO, shakes out to about 6.5. His UFA contract will be a whole different monster.

ASK, not receive. ;)

$6.5m would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad