News: Brayden Point open to bridge, 5-year or even 8-year extension with Tampa as per agent

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
5 at 8.75 is my guess

Not a chance, Point is cashing in at the right time, the cap just went up and Matthews just signed for 11.6. Obviously Matthews is better than Point but Point is outproducing him this year so he won’t sign for too much less.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Not a chance, Point is cashing in at the right time, the cap just went up and Matthews just signed for 11.6. Obviously Matthews is better than Point but Point is outproducing him this year so he won’t sign for too much less.
I am bookmarking your comment to @ you when you're proven to be massively wrong.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
That's more realistic, but I would almost bet he would sign for 8 years at that AAV.

Will be interesting to see what Marner signs for, the guys on Sportsnet we’re suggesting Point and Marner will get identical deals at around 10 mil. Marner is a slightly better player but Point plays the more valuable position.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Can we start a Brayden Point Offer sheet thread?
Go to the main trade board and then click on "Post new thread" (top right) and then put in a title (maybe like Brayden Point offer sheet thread)

Type your body in the field and then click on "Create Thread".

Reactions: CupsOverCash

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Will be interesting to see what Marner signs for, the guys on Sportsnet we’re suggesting Point and Marner will get identical deals at around 10 mil. Marner is a slightly better player but Point plays the more valuable position.
STOP!!!! There are ample Leafs threads here. Do you'll REALLY have to try and turn EVERY DAMNED THREAD into a Maple Leafs thread? Just stop.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Contrary to popular belief, Matthews only taxed about 15% on 95%+ of his money on his new deal. I am not sure Point's deal will be some sweetheart based on no state taxes.
Signing bonuses have a completely different tax structure than salary. U.S laws do not allow Canada to tax U.S citizens 50% on bonuses.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Contrary to popular belief, Matthews only taxed about 15% on 95%+ of his money on his new deal. I am not sure Point's deal will be some sweetheart based on no state taxes.
Signing bonuses have a completely different tax structure than salary. U.S laws do not allow Canada to tax U.S citizens 50% on bonuses.
He will sign a team-friendly sweetheart deal because he loves the team, loves the owner, loves the city. He's a 21-22 year old kid living the dream.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Why bother? Unlike Toronto we won’t have any problem paying our star RFA. (Since they insist on making this thread about them, let’s go there.)

Rielly was RFA and makes 5 million. Kadri RFA and makes 4.5. Andersen RFA and makes 5 million.

Last edited:

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
Go to the main trade board and then click on "Post new thread" (top right) and then put in a title (maybe like Brayden Point offer sheet thread)

Type your body in the field and then click on "Create Thread".
Actually never done this. Sound advice, thanks!

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
My guess is a 5 year deal 10.7 per

No he wont stick it to his team like a couple guys recently have to their team

Mark my words he wont be getting anything more than Stammer or Kuch on THIS deal. Itll be a bridge at a lower amount and then his next deal will potentially be more

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Maple leafs have an unfair tax advantage, when is the nhl going to step in and level the playing field for other teams!?!?!?

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad