Brando's Top 50 NHL Prospects

Brando

May 21, 2017
Nice list. I always like to see where the Canucks prospects land. 4 in your top 50 is awesome. I know you don't rank goalies, but would you have Demko in the top 50 if you did? Also, where would you slot Dahlen, Lind and Gaudette? I'd assume on that list of 75?

I did try to rank goalies but only 1 ended up making it (Hart). I had Gaudette in the 60s, same with Lind. Dahlen is 47 on there and Demko was in the late 50s. I think I had 4 goalies in the 50s.

My goalie rankings were:
1. Hart
2. Shestyorkin
3. Sorokin
4. Samsonov
5. Demko

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
tkachuk at 22 when guys who went after him were 6 and 7?

as a leaf fan i'd be happy if it turned out that way. still can't believe the sens passed on zadina

Brando

May 21, 2017
Why ty Smith over Bouchard?

It's close but I don't love Bouchard's skating. I think there is more risk with him.

Smith is a great skater and is one of the smartest players of that draft. I think he's a sure-fire top 4 D.

tkachuk at 22 when guys who went after him were 6 and 7?

as a leaf fan i'd be happy if it turned out that way. still can't believe the sens passed on zadina

I'm just not high on Tkachuk. I had him 9th in my draft rankings.

Reactions: 99664987

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm a little torn about the recently drafted guys being ranked over guys who went last year and have proven a bit more in their D+1 years, but other than that looks like a solid list. Refreshing to see NYR have more than 1 player on a top prospect list. Been a while.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Looks like a fine list. The only thing I'd suggest for people making these is tell us why we should care about your opinion. How do you approach the rankings, e.g. consensus, watching the players yourself, stats, etc. Or maybe I'm the only one who has no clue who you are.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I did try to rank goalies but only 1 ended up making it (Hart). I had Gaudette in the 60s, same with Lind. Dahlen is 47 on there and Demko was in the late 50s. I think I had 4 goalies in the 50s.

My goalie rankings were:
1. Hart
2. Shestyorkin
3. Sorokin
4. Samsonov
5. Demko

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Looks like a fine list. The only thing I'd suggest for people making these is tell us why we should care about your opinion. How do you approach the rankings, e.g. consensus, watching the players yourself, stats, etc. Or maybe I'm the only one who has no clue who you are.
Agreed. Often it looks like posters just saying their prospects are too low.
But I’m sure that there are some knowledgeable posters who follow all teams prospects and who can have valuable input.
For myself, I only really follow Canuck prospects in depth so I don’t feel qualified to say they should be above other teams prospects.

Brando

May 21, 2017

You don't have to care about my opinion. Prospects and the draft are my favourite part about hockey and I try to be as plugged-in about everyone as I can.

But I'm a nobody, just like making lists tbh.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
You don't have to care about my opinion.

That's a cop out. You are posting it and spending a lot of time doing it, presumably you expect somebody to care and get something out of it. I'm just saying if you tell us a bit about how you came up with the list it would increase its value. This is esp. true when all sorts of people I know nothing about put up lists.

If I made a list like this it would be based off absorbing the general sentiment on forums like this, supplemented with my own limited viewings of about half the players. I don't consider that worthwhile enough to share since half of it would be just pure regurgitation.

Brando

May 21, 2017
That's a cop out. You are posting it and spending a lot of time doing it, presumably you expect somebody to care and get something out of it. I'm just saying if you tell us a bit about how you came up with the list it would increase its value. This is esp. true when all sorts of people I know nothing about put up lists.

If I made a list like this it would be based off absorbing the general sentiment on forums like this, supplemented with my own limited viewings of about half the players. I don't consider that worthwhile enough to share since half of it would be just pure regurgitation.

I just like discussing prospects, buddy. It's not a big deal, I was bored at work.

How much of a loser do you have to be to get bent out of shape because someone posted a list for fun.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Damn, Dobson, Boqvist, AND Smith ahead of Bouchard. Man Bouchard is gonna surprise some people.

Yamamoto is fine where he is at

Cant really say its a crime that Dobson and Boqvist are rated ahead since both have higher ceilings per reports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad