Brando's Top 50 NHL Prospects

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Perhaps. But that’s because of a lack of 1-2 superstars. Not because it’s a garbage group of non-NHLers. He’ll still be fighting guys like Gustav Nyquist, Mantha, Vanek, Bertuzzi and Athanasiou for opportunity.

Lacking 1-2 superstars is quite a lack!
For a top 6, Mantha is probably the only interesting one in the bunch.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Yeah you're right. I probably just should have left them off all together. Ranking goalies among skaters is weird and I admit I'm kind of biased toward taking the skater most of the time .
But that makes sense, because as much of a lock as a goalie may seem, there is much less guarantee that an elite goalie prospect becomes an elite goalie in the NHL than an elite skater prospect becomes an elite skater. In any list combining the two, I'd have goalies ranked marginally lower as well, just based off that uncertainty alone.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
You can't play in the AHL unless you are 20. What is false about that? Please explain. Nothing in that post is false and 100% correct.
Klim Kostin just turned 19 and is probably going to play an entire SECOND year in the AHL next year. I didn't even have to google anything.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Lacking 1-2 superstars is quite a lack!
For a top 6, Mantha is probably the only interesting one in the bunch.
A top 6 with two superstars can still be easier for a prospect to make than a top 6 that has no superstars but lots of solid players. It's not complicated. The worst player in a top 6 determines how hard it is to crack, not the best. Richard Panik could barely cut it in the NHL before he was inserted into Chicago's top 6. Tomas Jurco couldn't cut it in Detroit but I believe he also got opportunities in Chicago's top 6.
If Rasmussen outplays guys like Nyquist/Vanek/Athanasiou/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi for a top 6 job it's silly to say "oh it's just Detroit".

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A top 6 with two superstars can still be easier for a prospect to make than a top 6 that has no superstars but lots of solid players. It's not complicated. The worst player in a top 6 determines how hard it is to crack, not the best. Richard Panik could barely cut it in the NHL before he was inserted into Chicago's top 6. Tomas Jurco couldn't cut it in Detroit but I believe he also got opportunities in Chicago's top 6.
If Rasmussen outplays guys like Nyquist/Vanek/Athanasiou/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi for a top 6 job it's silly to say "oh it's just Detroit".
Did you just try to say the Wings were deep in their top 6 and proceeded to list Bertuzzi and Abdelkader ? :laugh:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Did you just try to say the Wings were deep in their top 6 and proceeded to list Bertuzzi and Abdelkader ? :laugh:
That’s strictly the wingers, and Zadina is in the mix as well. Bertuzzi you likely know nothing about (played really, really well last season) and if Rasmussen outscores Abdelkader (~40 points) I’d say that’s a solid rookie campaign that can’t be dismissed just because the Wings aren’t great.

Reactions: newfy

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Strome and Sprong high.

Although nice that you recognize R.Andersson and Kyrou.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad