Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust signed to a PTO

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Burying Lupul/Greening/Michalek/Laich, and having Prust at the league minimum on the roster likely clears $350,000 to $400,000 of cap space. If he performs at camp it will be at the detriment of one of those 4 players not a youngster.

I'd rather see Colin Greening than Prust TBH, he was solid in his short stint with us last year, big, physical, good wheels, didn't look out of place at all.

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
I have no issues with Prust signing a contract and either starting in the minors or being a press box body.

Prust is actually a really good guy. He does a lot in the community around London and has supported and helped a kid(s) with cancer for years now (I can remember this from 12-14 years ago now as it was a kid who was quite a bit younger than me at my public school and Prust came to our school more than once).

I like this, and if he does get signed, you can bet it will be a factor. People keep forgetting that these kids cant learn how to be good pros from other kids.... thats how you get an Edmonton situation.

We need some experienced vets in that room.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Come on boys you guys have been going back to threads to see if anyone has replied to you? lol

You mean like reading the newest posts in a thread regardless of whether it's about something I posted? I'm such a fool.

ForSpareParts*

I like this, and if he does get signed, you can bet it will be a factor. People keep forgetting that these kids cant learn how to be good pros from other kids.... thats how you get an Edmonton situation.

We need some experienced vets in that room.

It's funny how fortunes turn huh? Hockey fans used to credit EDM for being an example franchise for rebuilding. Now they are the butt of all jokes.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Yeah we need 'warm bodies' but not Brandon Prust. A skill option would have been much more encouraging, like a Brandon Pirri. I don't see what Prust adds at all.

All things being equal with the assumption he'd take a PTO.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don't feel trolled by reading that. Plus he isn't wrong, this summer it's been pretty visible that the Leafs have wanted to add toughness.

Martin, Polak, Prust in free agency, and the draft. Mirtle ain't wrong.

No doubt Leafs management recognizes a team weakness and is adding strength.

If it came down to Clune or Brust I'd prefer the later.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
They also will be missing Michalek, Rielly, Polak, Zaitsev and Andersen.

Missing Komarov + Polak specifically puts way too much of the dirty work on a guy like Matt Martin during pre-season and this move helps protect our youngsters.

Those are also a lot of guys missing that meet the 100+ game veteran quota for preseason and our roster is probably going to be really young. Plus doesnt hurt to have a guy who can fight with all the plugs running around in preseason I guess. Having more than one is useful with the split squad games and back to backs. It seems to make more sense when you look at it purely as a preseason signing.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Love it. I hope he gets a real chance and earns his spot... he's still got years left in him, and only a few years ago was a real addition to any bottom 6

Maybe he'll run a few of the kids in training camp, try to intimidate them and cause a couple concussions. Teach those kids they can get injured in practice too. Bad player helping a bad team get worse.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Maybe he'll run a few of the kids in training camp, try to intimidate them and cause a couple concussions. Teach those kids they can get injured in practice too. Bad player helping a bad team get worse.

You seem confused. The Toronto Maple Leafs aren't being run like the Philadelphia Flyers' organization.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site

Having him run over any of the kids is a sure fire way to alienate the entire fanbase. I would think he's smarter than that, but then again... :laugh:

Mr Hockey*

If he runs at any kids, he will be pulled off the ice immediately and possibly sent packing. :shakehead

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Running no. Laying out on a open ice check. All that will happen is him getting signed. You forget this puts food on his familys table. Hes going to do whatever he can to get noticed and help the team. He wants that steady pay just like you and i.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Yeah we need 'warm bodies' but not Brandon Prust. A skill option would have been much more encouraging, like a Brandon Pirri. I don't see what Prust adds at all.

All things being equal with the assumption he'd take a PTO.

How is Pirri still not getting interest? There's been a bunch of guys this year who still seem like NHL Caliber players in the skilled game age who don't have contracts, are landing in europe, etc. I don't get it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

This is pretty dumb. Shirley you can come with something better than this?
Maybe ask a grownup for help.

Mr Hockey*

Running no. Laying out on a open ice check. All that will happen is him getting signed. You forget this puts food on his familys table. Hes going to do whatever he can to get noticed and help the team. He wants that steady pay just like you and i.

There will be no big open ice hits on Marner,Willie,Matthews,etc during inter squad games :nod:

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
I just activated the thing that tells me when someone has quoted me, I come and see this?

1 strike :shakehead

I was trying to say you are smarter than me when it comes to analytics. Unfortunately the opposite rings true when it comes to references to tv shows. Are you an umpire or an elementary school teacher? 1 strike lol, common like anyone cares haha.

Mr Hockey*

I was trying to say you are smarter than me when it comes to analytics. Unfortunately the opposite rings true when it comes references to tv shows. Are you an umpire or an elementary school teacher? 1 strike lol, common like anyone cares haha.

I meant one strike on the notification and not you lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad