Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust signed to a PTO

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I don't recall him playing a bad game against the Leafs while he was with the Canadiens. Cue up the predictable "face puncher" comments.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
What a troll tweet by mirtle.

The leafs won't have jvr/michalek/komarov/matthews for the majority of camp.

They need camp bodies, and he'll be behind a few waiver eligble guys.

They signed fraser last year and everyone lost their ****.

They also will be missing Michalek, Rielly, Polak, Zaitsev and Andersen.

Missing Komarov + Polak specifically puts way too much of the dirty work on a guy like Matt Martin during pre-season and this move helps protect our youngsters.

Mr Hockey*

but what about his QoC?

its not good with Babcock ... I keep trying to get you to use CRQoC and you keep using QoC ...

Off some site ...

"In the next chapter of Metrics We Use, I am going to look at Corsi Rel QoC. For those that need a refresher on the other metrics, please refer to our Metrics We Use page. Corsi Rel QoC is a metric that is used to measure quality of competition faced, but it is much more accurate than straight QoC. QoC sometimes is skewed by puck-luck, whereas Corsi Rel QoC is only weighted based off RCorsi. This makes for a more accurate depiction of quality of competition faced. Like most metrics, the values are generally between +1.00 and -1.00. The higher the number, the stiffer the quality faced. The lower the number, the more sheltered a player is."

Hunwick - 1.796 << #1 for d'men in the NHL.
Fowler - 0.712
gardiner - 0.057 << 140'th among d'man

Last edited by a moderator:

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
its not good with Babcock ... I keep trying to get you to use CRQoC and you keep using QoC ...

Off some site ...

"In the next chapter of Metrics We Use, I am going to look at Corsi Rel QoC. For those that need a refresher on the other metrics, please refer to our Metrics We Use page. Corsi Rel QoC is a metric that is used to measure quality of competition faced, but it is much more accurate than straight QoC. QoC sometimes is skewed by puck-luck, whereas Corsi Rel QoC is only weighted based off RCorsi. This makes for a more accurate depiction of quality of competition faced. Like most metrics, the values are generally between +1.00 and -1.00. The higher the number, the stiffer the quality faced. The lower the number, the more sheltered a player is."

Hunwick - 1.796 < < highest level for d'men in the NHL.
Fowler - 0.712
gardiner - 0.057

This post makes me feel like I am Morty.

ForSpareParts*

I hope he makes the team.

So much has to happen, but so much will happen.

Could he possibly be a Marlie?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
nice addition to camp, that extra physicality and muscle will help us and the staff determine who is ready for the tough and grinds of the nhl, we have a lot of guys skilled enough imo, but we gotta wait to see if they strong and tough enough

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
It actually makes sense that they are bringing in some big tough guys with a lot to prove for training camp/pre-season when, like others have pointed out, we'll be without half a dozen of our players because of the WCH.

This is just a PTO, it's not a year contract. These two guys probably won't even be kept on for the Marlies IMO but they will be there to show the young guys about work ethic, playing for a job, earning something, and to make the other teams think twice (especially their goons) about showing off their toughness against our rookies like Marner, Nylander etc.

Seems odd at first these signings, but makes sense. I can see other teams starting to look into PTO's to fill spots for vacant WCH players earlier then normal too.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'll be mildly concerned if he gets a real contract.

I thought we were done with those nonsense. Though I'm sure he's just here for camp - maybe he gets a gig with the Marlies

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
I like the option of having him around even if it was an ahl contract I think it would be good for development

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Come on boys you guys have been going back to threads to see if anyone has replied to you? lol

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
Burying Lupul/Greening/Michalek/Laich, and having Prust at the league minimum on the roster likely clears $350,000 to $400,000 of cap space. If he performs at camp it will be at the detriment of one of those 4 players not a youngster.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I have no issues with Prust signing a contract and either starting in the minors or being a press box body.

Prust is actually a really good guy. He does a lot in the community around London and has supported and helped a kid(s) with cancer for years now (I can remember this from 12-14 years ago now as it was a kid who was quite a bit younger than me at my public school and Prust came to our school more than once).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad