Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He's never been a point producer. . . and there's no need to take a shot at Krug.

The point is he has to cover for Krug/bail him out on the defensive end on many occassions

You know this the truth. So Krug can play freely/take risks

Carlo can be a 20-25 pt a season D....

His agent should target Darnell Nurse for comparison purpose

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The point is he has to cover for Krug/bail him out on the defensive end on many occassions

You know this the truth. So Krug can play freely/take risks

Carlo can be a 20-25 pt a season D....

His agent should target Darnell Nurse for comparison purpose
Cant blame Krug when Carlo has NEVER been a point producer - not with Krug, not without Krug.

Sure he could be "a 20-25 pt a season D" but speaking of truths, the truth is that he has only 29 points in over 200 games so far, and one goal in the last two years.

Nurse has more points so far this year than Carlo does in his entire NHL career and he signed a two year deal at 3.2/per. I love Carlo's game, but it shouldn't be one to command big $.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cant blame Krug when Carlo has NEVER been a point producer - not with Krug, not without Krug.

Sure he could be "a 20-25 pt a season D" but speaking of truths, the truth is that he has only 29 points in over 200 games so far, and one goal in the last two years.

Nurse has more points so far this year than Carlo does in his entire NHL career and he signed a two year deal at 3.2/per. I love Carlo's game, but it shouldn't be one to command big $.

The obvious hope from everyone should be that Carlo signs a nice extension at fair money, and finds that 20-25 point offensive game.

Reactions: nords1995

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Carlo has had a great year. The only thing we haven't seen is the meaner, more physical Carlo that he and Cam both promised us.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Add Vaakanainen to the mix and the B's figure to have a great D for years to come. Terrible they will almost certainly lose one of the good ones to Seattle.

Apparently Vaakaneinen falls under the "Honka rule" as a non-North American player playing in AHL and is expansion draft exempt.

So Vaak (exempt), Carlo, McAvoy and your best LD out of Krug (still on team?), Gryz, Lauzon, Zboril.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
From Fluto...

"The number that really matters for Carlo and the Bruins, however, is his goals against per 60: 1.42. It’s the lowest GA/60 of any defenseman with 1,000-plus 5-on-5 minutes."

This is actually amazing

That there warrants him the yet to be established "Rod Langway Trophy" as the best defensive defenseman.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I said in the GDT, I think Carlo really improves on his offensive numbers next year.
I'm thinking 20 to 30. He is jumping into the play a lot more. He has had several odd man rushes
lately with the other player taking the shot. He'll get his chances and hopefully bury some.

Reactions: jangerhofer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That there warrants him the yet to be established "Rod Langway Trophy" as the best defensive defenseman.
so true, unfortunately the Norris has gone the way of a focus being placed far more on the offensive numbers a D man puts up while too often ignoring what the candidates for the award do for their team defensively

For those who didn`t get the opportunity to watch Langway play, too bad, the guy was a beauty, not sure if he ever hit 40 pts in a season but his focus was always on his own zone, he was one tough player to go up against

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I said in the GDT, I think Carlo really improves on his offensive numbers next year.
I'm thinking 20 to 30. He is jumping into the play a lot more. He has had several odd man rushes
lately with the other player taking the shot. He'll get his chances and hopefully bury some.

agree, which is why they should sign him as long term as they can while he's got 9 points on his resume.
i would give him 8 years/$32M. set for life, nice AAV. hard to say what his agent will be looking at.
maybe cody ceci is his comp?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
agree, which is why they should sign him as long term as they can while he's got 9 points on his resume.
i would give him 8 years/$32M. set for life, nice AAV. hard to say what his agent will be looking at.
maybe cody ceci is his comp?
Cody Ceci is an absolute wreck in his own end.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Excellent season

for playoff security

please sit him the next 2 regular season games

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Cody Ceci is an absolute wreck in his own end.

yeah, i'm not a fan of ceci. was mainly talking about a guy who plays lots of minutes, doesn't get a lot of points,
and got paid pretty well.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
beast mode today. looked nervous in game 1, as could be expected. better and better since.
i think all the carlo haters the past few years are starting to see how good he is.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Carlo has been very good defensively these PO's though I just don't see the points production we're talking about here coming from him.

When Carlo went down last year I posted that our chances in the PO's had been seriously compromised by that fact. I was told that if Carlo was the difference then we had no chance to start with. He's been our best defender these PO's AINEC.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
beast mode today. looked nervous in game 1, as could be expected. better and better since.
i think all the carlo haters the past few years are starting to see how good he is.
What Carlo haters? I don’t think there are any now or then. Kid is improving every year. Good to see his progression.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
What Carlo haters? I don’t think there are any now or then. Kid is improving every year. Good to see his progression.

There were a bunch of haters last year complaining that he was too soft. Luckily he's shut them up. I only wish he was left handed so that top pair could be set for 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce