Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hope he agrees to something like 8 years 30 mil.

It's probably more like 36 million which is approx 4.5 million per season

Carlo is like Hedman minus the raw offensive skills

I already regard him as an elite stay at home D/shutdown capable top 4 D

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What Carlo haters? I don’t think there are any now or then. Kid is improving every year. Good to see his progression.

Seriously? There were a ton of people last year that were complaining about Carlo. He was added to so many proposals because he wasn't scoring at a P/GP

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Seriously? There were a ton of people last year that were complaining about Carlo. He was added to so many proposals because he wasn't scoring at a P/GP

Thats crazy

He has to take care of things back home so that Krug can roam/help the offense

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
So many talked about Tavares being that extra piece the Leafs needed this year to take things to the next level. Carlo was that counter part for the Bruins. Even if Carlos job wasn't to shut down JT, he was huge this series and I'm glad to see him get his feet wet in the playoffs finally. He looked great and I'd love to see him add some more size this offseason and just dummy people. His game really has come to the next level and he understands his role for this team.

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He really could have been the difference in getting to the third round last year. What a series he had.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Things I see from Carlo:

1. Already the third best skating defenseman on the team (McAvoy #1, Grz #2). Maybe the fastest defenseman skating in a straight line on the team. (Just gallops with his huge legs)
  2. Improving on his edges, falling less, gaining confidence on escape moves and using his body to shield the puck defensively.
  3. Not as confident skating with the puck, yet. Unlike McAvoy, Krug, or Grz he hasn't shown the innate ability to use his hands and skating to keep the puck.
The point is, he has not even reached his full potential at age 22. He may never gain that offensive ability but he's already a rock on defense at that age. As he ripens he will only make less and less mistakes on defense. Guy has all the tools in the toolbox, with the size to go with it. There isn't another 6'5 defenseman in the league that can skate like he does besides Hedman. Every single team in this league wishes they had their own Brandon Carlo. Sign him long term please.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Things I see from Carlo:

1. Already the third best skating defenseman on the team (McAvoy #1, Grz #2). Maybe the fastest defenseman skating in a straight line on the team. (Just gallops with his huge legs)

I think he's our best skater back there... when Mac gets going he's dominant as well, but his puck skills which are better than Carlos might be why he looks like a better skater, if that makes sense. Carlos skating is phenomenal and for his size it's out of this world. His puck skills/offense will continue to develop.

False Start

May 8, 2018
I think he's our best skater back there... when Mac gets going he's dominant as well, but his puck skills which are better than Carlos might be why he looks like a better skater, if that makes sense. Carlos skating is phenomenal and for his size it's out of this world. His puck skills/offense will continue to develop.

I think McAvoy's hips and pivots are absolutely effortless and his edgework is elite, easy to see when you see McAvoy walk the blue line.

Charlie gets exposed on the rush when he doesn't commit to inside or outside (usually outside) in time. Carlo's gap control, stick work is much better than McAvoy's.

Love all three of these mobile defenseman's abilities. Krug is still above average. Clifton's best asset was his skating too. Moore is also very solid for a bigger defenseman.

Long gone are the days of immobile big hitting defenseman. Chara will likely be the last of this kind in a Bruins uniform.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo with good fortune and health looks like a guy that will blow way past 1000 games played someday

McAvoy & Carlo on the right side has to be the envy of the league

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Carlo with good fortune and health looks like a guy that will blow way past 1000 games played someday

McAvoy & Carlo on the right side has to be the envy of the league
If only Denis Ruel worked out could have had a 3rd righty owning the blue line:sarcasm:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I think McAvoy's hips and pivots are absolutely effortless and his edgework is elite, easy to see when you see McAvoy walk the blue line.

Charlie gets exposed on the rush when he doesn't commit to inside or outside (usually outside) in time. Carlo's gap control, stick work is much better than McAvoy's.

Love all three of these mobile defenseman's abilities. Krug is still above average. Clifton's best asset was his skating too. Moore is also very solid for a bigger defenseman.

Long gone are the days of immobile big hitting defenseman. Chara will likely be the last of this kind in a Bruins uniform.

I disagree on Krug. He's a minus skater. Stubby legs as Mick Collageo has said.

And I'd say Moore is close to elite. Beautiful stride.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Best part of last night's game for me, was that nasty streak that Carlo showed in a few scrums after the whistle. Seems to me he's gotten meaner and more physical as the series progressed. Very encouraging to see.

Reactions: TwineTickler

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I remember watching Carlo in ‘15 when ristuccia was still a thing and thought he was men amongst boys, from the moment he was in preseason amongst the senior bruins and not just draftees and try outs to making the team to the end of the season getting thumped by ovechkin I knew he was going to be a big loss, it was freak that he goes down again at the end of the following year. He’s been huge for us, totally stabilizes the d. He’s everything Hamilton wasn’t.

As he grows more confident with the puck too you’ll likely see him making plays that chara often does to push the pace. There’s been flashes of that

Reactions: missingchicklet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad