Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Dominant game tonight.

He just keeps getting better and better as the season progresses.

Big strides taken this year

Reactions: Emerz and CDJ

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If Carlo develops an offensive game that gives you 20-25 points, that will be golden. He will never be a guy that gets PP time so all his points will come at EVS (or the occasional PK point).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dear Hockey Gods,

Let the man stay healthy. Let him taste the playoffs. He's earned it.

Sincerely,

Everybody
hope ya don`t mind but may I piggyback on your thoughts as this kid has been playing dynamite and deserves his first taste of playoff action. Seemed like he had a load of shots tonight too which is nice to see

Reactions: Si Hopkins

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
A lot of teams kicking themselves for letting this kid drop so low in the draft. Glad in a way that his offense hasn't become too good yet since his asking price for the next contract will be more reasonable. Lock him up for as long as you can. I said before this season he was going to make a big jump this year. He has done just that. The jump might not be on the stats sheet, but it sure has been in terms of effectiveness.

He's going to keep getting better too. I'm still convinced he will be decent offensively at some point. Showed enough skill before the draft to convince me he can be a pretty good contributor offensively in the NHL.

Kid is high quality. Just like Jake, no way I even think about trading him. They are definitely going to be vital core once the veteran core is gone.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A lot of teams kicking themselves for letting this kid drop so low in the draft. Glad in a way that his offense hasn't become too good yet since his asking price for the next contract will be more reasonable. Lock him up for as long as you can. I said before this season he was going to make a big jump this year. He has done just that. The jump might not be on the stats sheet, but it sure has been in terms of effectiveness.

He's going to keep getting better too. I'm still convinced he will be decent offensively at some point. Showed enough skill before the draft to convince me he can be a pretty good contributor offensively in the NHL.

Kid is high quality. Just like Jake, no way I even think about trading him. They are definitely going to be vital core once the veteran core is gone.
wait wait wait, are you saying the B`s aren`t the only team who miss out on a kid in favor of another? You sir are nuts:laugh:

It`s something I love to watch, a kid drafted and developed before our eyes

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
He turned 22 few months ago, still so very young.

Progressed tremendously this year, not only in D zone, transition is getting better and better, assists will come.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He turned 22 few months ago, still so very young.

Progressed tremendously this year, not only in D zone, transition is getting better and better, assists will come.

agreed, not sure he`ll ever be a big point producer but you can see what the mission has been when working with the kid. Focus on developing his game in the D zone, as he gets stronger at that, incorporate a bit more of an offensive mindset, solid mobility and speed for a big man, can`t wait to see the kid in the playoffs

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
agreed, not sure he`ll ever be a big point producer but you can see what the mission has been when working with the kid. Focus on developing his game in the D zone, as he gets stronger at that, incorporate a bit more of an offensive mindset, solid mobility and speed for a big man, can`t wait to see the kid in the playoffs

Yeah that's it. He won't be getting more assists because he ll be focusing on the offense 'per se' but they ll come sort of naturally because of his overall progression.

Skates so well for a big man and he ll only get stronger in next few years. Slow but steady progression, not that slow really.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah that's it. He won't be getting more assists because he ll be focusing on the offense 'per se' but they ll come sort of naturally because of his overall progression.

Skates so well for a big man and he ll only get stronger in next few years. Slow but steady progression, not that slow really.
for sure, I don`t have the stats in front of me but how many shots did he have last night? Seemed like a half dozen, he`s very good at getting shots through

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

honestly, I couldnt care less about Carlo's points. That's what McAvoy, Krug and Grizz are for. He is a smooth skater and good at carrying the puck over the blue lines, that's more important to me.

If you tell me Carlo will be a bigger more physical Hjalmarsson, then I sign up for that without hestitating

Reactions: Estlin

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Was fortunate to attend last night's game. Wow. What a win. Amazing team effort.

I paid close attention to Brandon Carlo. It was easy - he was very noticeable all night. His skating is truly special for a kid his size. What a graceful glide. His edge work too., Sublime. I love his compete level and pace. He was closing gaps, forcing turnovers and joining the rush all game. He is getting really close...

I hate comparisons, but I see a bit of Victor Hedman in his game. He just needs to continue to polish the offensive aspects of his game (passing in tight and on the rush, shot/release). I have no doubt he will improve in these areas...and when he does, he could be a 30-40pt defenseman.

I know the stats say otherwise, but sooner or later, he is going to show up on the score sheet with regularity.

Oh...and he is getting better on the physical side as well.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Add Wagner and Halak to the mix. There will be no landslide this year...rather a highly contested vote!

It's still largely a "pink hat" award......at least in terms of the demographics of the average voter. 90% are casual fans and not exactly rabid hfboards posters. As deserving as Wags is of getting votes, I don't see him getting many of the casual voters on his side. Halak I could see being a distant third (his rough 6 week stretch from Christmas to early February certainly didn't help his cause).

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think Carlo is going go cost more than 3 or 4 million per season like some think here

I would do 8 years at 5.5 million per season

Carlo is going to be the guy that replaces alot of the things Chara does.... very important to lock him up

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Add Vaakanainen to the mix and the B's figure to have a great D for years to come. Terrible they will almost certainly lose one of the good ones to Seattle.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I think Carlo is going go cost more than 3 or 4 million per season like some think here

I would do 8 years at 5.5 million per season

Carlo is going to be the guy that replaces alot of the things Chara does.... very important to lock him up
His lack of offense should keep the cost down. I mean he hasn't cracked 30 pts in his entire career yet- should make it tough for any agent to argue for bigger money. .

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
His lack of offense should keep the cost down. I mean he hasn't cracked 30 pts in his entire career yet- should make it tough for any agent to argue for bigger money. .

Disagree

He has to cover for Krug

Offensive this way should count somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad