Confirmed with Link: Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You are understating Lee and Zuckers ability here. Also Hoffman hit ~1 million posts and crossbars last season.
The point is Tkachuk has more ability than those two at the same age.

And hitting the post and crossbar is the same as any missed shot. It’s not a shot on goal. Hoffman is not an efficient scorer

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
You are understating Lee and Zuckers ability here. Also Hoffman hit ~1 million posts and crossbars last season.

I don't think I'm really understating them. They drive the net with size/speed and have above-average skill/talent.

I don't buy the post argument. Hoffman was usually a one trick pony with his shot. Those types of players generally decline pretty rapidly.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
NOTHING? lol
Look, the guy is promising but remember how "promising" Rundblad was? Not saying Chabot is going to flop but LOTS of our players that are going to be HUGE just fizzle out or hit a wall. So far Chabot has done nothing to show a sustained level of excellence at the NHL level so I would be reluctant to use him as an example of success of the Ottawa Senators Development process

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Look, the guy is promising but remember how "promising" Rundblad was? Not saying Chabot is going to flop but LOTS of our players that are going to be HUGE just fizzle out or hit a wall. So far Chabot has done nothing to show a sustained level of excellence at the NHL level so I would be reluctant to use him as an example of success of the Ottawa Senators Development process

He's done A LOT more than Rundblad at the NHL, who's promise was related to his play in the Swedish League. Chabot has so far at the very least met the expectations for him in the NHL. Rundblad was good for what seemed like an extra goal against per game when he was in the NHL. I agree the jury is still out, but the chances of Chabot finding success in the NHL are pretty good as he at least has a sample size showing he belongs, Rundblad does / did not.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm pumped.

Duchene and Tkachuk in a few years from now is going to be a million times better than Turris, Zib/Brass, Hoff, etc. They go to the dirty areas in ways those guys never did. Brass is the closest we had to that, he along with Ryan (another player with net drive), were our top scoring forwards in the 2017 playoffs.

Speed and net drive is how you score goals in today's NHL. Look at the top players in the league. That's how they all score goals:

McDavid: His shot is average, he gets goals with speed and net drive.
Crosby: Incredible strength and work ethic down low.
Kane: Crazy ability to dangle the puck in a phone booth down low
Malkin: Size and strength
Ovechkin: Has a great shot, but nowhere near as effective now that he's not as fast or strong

Seriously. how many top players in the league don't do the hard dirty work down low? Laine is the only one I can think of. Zadina doesn't have his shot, nobody does. I don't understand why people equate raw technicals skills (like shooting) to higher upside. I would argue that Tkachuk has more upside, and a better chance of becoming a franchise player than Zadina.

Last edited:

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
He's done A LOT more than Rundblad at the NHL, who's promise was related to his play in the Swedish League. Chabot has so far at the very least met the expectations for him in the NHL. Rundblad was good for what seemed like an extra goal against per game when he was in the NHL. I agree the jury is still out, but the chances of Chabot finding success in the NHL are pretty good as he at least has a sample size showing he belongs, Rundblad does / did not.

Rundblad vs Chabot is NOT the question. Thats just a single random example. the previous post was that Sens development of Players is SUBPAR and our 1st rounders rarely ever really pan out. the previous poster said Chabot and Zibby were examples of successess. Which is pretty slim compared to the mountain of letdowns. I was saying if those are the great examples (Karl aside) then we are in trouble BIG TIME

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Brain fart. Nevertheless, my point stands. Same applies to all forwards. Nobody on the team has net drive besides Ryan (when healthy). Boucher had to resort to having Burrows on the PP because the rest of our top 6 are all perimeter players.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm pumped.

Duchene and Tkachuk in a few years from now is going to be a million times better than Turris, Zib/Brass, Hoff, etc. They go to the dirty areas in ways those guys never did. Brass is the closest we had to that, he along with Ryan (another player with net drive), were our top scoring forwards in the 2017 playoffs.

Speed and net drive is how you score goals in today's NHL. Look at the top players in the league. That's how they all score goals:

Ovechkin: Has a great shot, but nowhere near as effective now that he's not as fast or strong

Seriously. how many top players in the league don't do the hard dirty work down low? Laine is the only one I can think of. Zadina doesn't have his shot, nobody does. I don't understand why people equate raw technicals skills (like shooting) to higher upside. I would argue that Tkachuk has more upside, and a better chance of becoming a franchise player than Zadina.
Speed and net drive is how you score? Sure, as 2 small aspects.

You just named the 5 most skilled players in the NHL in the past 2 decades, that's how they score goals, by being better than everyone else. Shot. Speed. Skill. Vision. :laugh:

If you scored goals with speed and net drive guys like Chimira and Lombardi would be Rocket contenders. It takes much more.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm pumped.

There is absolutely nothing average about Connor McDavid's shot.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Rundblad vs Chabot is NOT the question. Thats just a single random example. the previous post was that Sens development of Players is SUBPAR and our 1st rounders rarely ever really pan out. the previous poster said Chabot and Zibby were examples of successess. Which is pretty slim compared to the mountain of letdowns. I was saying if those are the great examples (Karl aside) then we are in trouble BIG TIME

Well the mountain of let downs are fairly late draft picks right?

Cowen wasn't great but injuries clearly derailed his progression to the point of not being an NHL player.

Who other than Lazar (who was pumped up to be far more than he was) has really been a let down in the last few seasons?

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Well the mountain of let downs are fairly late draft picks right?

Cowen wasn't great but injuries clearly derailed his progression to the point of not being an NHL player.

Who other than Lazar (who was pumped up to be far more than he was) has really been a let down in the last few seasons?
The point is the Sens are going to f*** up tkachucks development because they f*** up everyone's development either that or they suck ass at drafting..... I swear I am so dissapointed in this team man.. I have no hope or faith for the futuree

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Speed and net drive is how you score? Sure, as 2 small aspects.

You just named the 5 most skilled players in the NHL in the past 2 decades, that's how they score goals, by being better than everyone else. Shot. Speed. Skill. Vision. :laugh:

If you scored goals with speed and net drive guys like Chimira and Lombardi would be Rocket contenders. It takes much more.

If you scored goals purely with speed, shot and skill, guys like Linus Omark would be an NHL allstar every year.

Net drive and willingness to battle in the dirty areas are equally important as shot, speed, skill and vision.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If you scored goals purely with speed, shot and skill, guys like Linus Omark would be an NHL allstar every year.

Net drive and willingness to battle in the dirty areas are equally important as shot, speed, skill and vision.

I think we can say that hockey iq and vision are the only two extremely important traits to be a goal scorer/effective offensive player.

Now does Tkachuk have enough vision, hockey IQ and skill to be a meaningful goal scorer? I really doubt it. He hasn't put up great goal scoring numbers at any level.

I'm expecting a consistent 20 goal guy 50 point guy.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The thing that excites me most is the effect that Tkachuk could have on Logan Brown.

Brady is exactly the type of player that Brown needs to kick his has ass into gear and force him to be engaged at all times.

A successful partnership between the two would anchor our 2nd line.

Reactions: derriko

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think we can say that hockey iq and vision are the only two extremely important traits to be a goal scorer/effective offensive player.

Now does Tkachuk have enough vision, hockey IQ and skill to be a meaningful goal scorer? I really doubt it. He hasn't put up great goal scoring numbers at any level.

I'm expecting a consistent 20 goal guy 50 point guy.

Yeah, you're wrong, but you'll see for yourself soon enough.

The kid eats, sleeps, and breaths hockey, and he's his father's son.

Also you don't score 20 and 50 without hockey sense, that's top line NHL scoring these days, so I'm not sure how to take this post.

Reactions: derriko

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Exactly.

You need a high amount of everything on a team to have good, balanced goal scoring.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah, you're wrong, but you'll see for yourself soon enough.

The kid eats, sleeps, and breaths hockey, and he's his father's son.

Also you don't score 20 and 50 without hockey sense, that's top line NHL scoring these days, so I'm not sure how to take this post.

Lol where did I say that he doesn't have hockey sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad