Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Not saying anyone said he carried Marner and Dvorak. Just pointing out that he wasn't carried and that he's now capable of carrying a line AT THE NHL LEVEL. Brady has yet to show us he can carry a line at the NCAA level.

I just find it so unfair to Brady to be compared to his brother who is a much better player. Its putting impossible expectations on him.

Well Backlund is fine player and I think Frolik is the one ridding the train as a passenger in the top 6, which should change with Neal there.

Also, Matt hasn't scored over 50 points yet (close, with 48 and 49) in his career so while his numbers are very good for a player of his age, he is by no means carrying that line either. That line as a whole, is great with possession so I'm sure he helps with that but again that might just be all 3 players having good chemistry and working well together (like a lesser version of Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith)

Either way, I don't think any Sens fans are suddenly experts with Calgary's players, deployment etc to make that judgment call.

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think Blake wheeler is a great comparison as a playmaking power winger. But Brady is also very much like his brother. I definitely think he can make an impact right away in the nhl if they wish to play him there. Anyone who doesn’t think he plays like his brother and father hasn’t paid attention.

In my opinion one year in the OHL won’t do anything different than if he plays in the nhl. If he’s not in the nhl he should be in the AHL

Will not get nearly the ice time in the NHL, that he would in the OHL

OHL is probably the best for his long term development, but his play in the rookie tournament, training camp and the pre season ........ coupled with the actual number of open spots on the Sens roster come opening day, will determine where he ends up.

My guess is the AHL.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If he is good enough to play at the NHL level then that,s where he belongs,players do develop at that league too...

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Tkachuk playing with TSN's 44th overall top prospect Jordan Greenway is holding him back. Got it.

It's funny that you call someone out for getting mad about stuff they don't understand on the very next page... Greenaway and Tkachuk play similar roles, both at ES and on the PP. Greenaway was given priority in those roles and, given that they were linemates, Tkachuk was forced into a role where he was made to defer to Greenaway, get Greenaway the puck on the wing, support the puck and help set up Greenaway to rush it. He was asked to play a role and a style that is not necessarily the style he would have played had he not been playing with Greenaway. Also, as others have pointed out, Matthew played in a different league with far higher scoring and younger players and was paired with two guys who are already top 6ers in the NHL. Also, Matthew did not post 50 goals in his draft year... he didn't even post 50 goals in the three seasons before his draft, so I have no clue where you got that from.

And now Brady is stagnating??? You really keep one-upping yourself.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I see a big tough kid that likes to forecheck and work the corners hard...He also seems to have good vision, good hands and decent speed...His game below the circles,is something this team has needed for years now...Unless people think having JGP and Pyatt as the two best forecheckers on the team is good

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's funny that you call someone out for getting mad about stuff they don't understand on the very next page... Greenaway and Tkachuk play similar roles, both at ES and on the PP. Greenaway was given priority in those roles and, given that they were linemates, Tkachuk was forced into a role where he was made to defer to Greenaway, get Greenaway the puck on the wing, support the puck and help set up Greenaway to rush it. He was asked to play a role and a style that is not necessarily the style he would have played had he not been playing with Greenaway. Also, as others have pointed out, Matthew played in a different league with far higher scoring and younger players and was paired with two guys who are already top 6ers in the NHL. Also, Matthew did not post 50 goals in his draft year... he didn't even post 50 goals in the three seasons before his draft, so I have no clue where you got that from.

And now Brady is stagnating??? You really keep one-upping yourself.
I think its fair to say Tkachuk hasn't developed any since the beginning of last year. It seems his play has degraded since the world junior, at least in dev camp and the world junior showcase. Maybe Mittlestadt carried him more than I initially thought though and should have tempered my expectations of him.

Reactions: bert

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think its fair to say Tkachuk hasn't developed any since the beginning of last year. It seems his play has degraded since the world junior, at least in dev camp and the world junior showcase. Maybe Mittlestadt carried him more than I initially thought though and should have tempered my expectations of him.
I don’t think that’s fair to say. He had a great rookie year and rose in scout rankings throughout the season

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Brazilian Ronaldo dude. Brazilians have been calling him fat since 2002.

Brazil legend Ronaldo looks unrecognisable alongside stunning girlfriend in Paris

You get really mad at stuff you don't even bother to understand.

Yes, only one Ronaldo has 15 goal world cup goals, I'm not talking about Cristiano.

I know what you are getting at, I'm just calling you out for acting like a caricature.

So Ryan is fat like Ronaldo was in 2002? Yeah, that's my point, you just make grandiose statements with nothing to back them up.

Anyway, I've said my peace, carry on crapping all over Brady.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He was ranked 3rd on TSN's preseason draft rankings.
I wasn’t just talking about tsn rankings but he finished 3rd in bobs list so scouts clearly didn’t think he regressed (pretty much was impossible to rise ahead of the top 2). This is a player who is highly regarded by all hockey experts. You can keep shitting on him all you want but you better be prepared to have egg on your face because you’re in the vast minority right now

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wasn’t just talking about tsn rankings but he finished 3rd in bobs list so scouts clearly didn’t think he regressed (pretty much was impossible to rise ahead of the top 2). This is a player who is highly regarded by all hockey experts. You can keep ****ting on him all you want but you better be prepared to have egg on your face because you’re in the vast minority right now
I love that an honest assessment of him is labeled as shitting on him. People have a really hard time accepting other's opinions, eh?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I love that an honest assessment of him is labeled as ****ting on him. People have a really hard time accepting other's opinions, eh?
I’m sorry but what you have posted can not be considered an honest assessment. The way you described him as a player was very much incorrect. You can have an opinion that he may end up disappointing, but the way you described his talent and play style was wrong and filled with bias

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I’m sorry but what you have posted can not be considered an honest assessment. The way you described him as a player was very much incorrect. You can have an opinion that he may end up disappointing, but the way you described his talent and play style was wrong and filled with bias
I think I get it now. I'm wrong, the guys who said he's Todd Bertuzzi is right. I'm biased, guy who says he'll score 35 points next year is well informed and well reasoned.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think I get it now. I'm wrong, the guys who said he's Todd Bertuzzi is right. I'm biased, guy who says he'll score 35 points next year is well informed and well reasoned.

Ah yes, I'm absolutely wrong for saying Brady could put up similar stats to offensive dynamos Jesper Bratt, Miles Wood, Andrew Cogliano, Blake Comeau, Radek Faksa, Ryan Hartman and Brock McGinn. Clearly I'm the biased one.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ah yes, I'm absolutely wrong for saying Brady could put up similar stats to offensive dynamos Jesper Bratt, Miles Wood, Andrew Cogliano, Blake Comeau, Radek Faksa, Ryan Hartman and Brock McGinn. Clearly I'm the biased one.
Sure, one day he can reach their level but asking for Tkachuk to do it at this point without any supporting cast is absurd. He needs a lot of work before he steps in the NHL. He needs to be the 3rd guy on a line. We have 2 or 3 actual top 6 NHL forwards. Most guys numbers on this team are gonna be bad this year. 35 points will be a lot for anyone not named Duchene, Dzingel, Karlsson or Stone in 2018-2019.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sure, one day he can reach their level but asking for Tkachuk to do it at this point without any supporting cast is absurd. He needs a lot of work before he steps in the NHL. He needs to be the 3rd guy on a line. We have 2 or 3 actual top 6 NHL forwards. Most guys numbers on this team are gonna be bad this year. 35 points will he a lot for anyone not named Duchene, Dzingel, Karlsson or Stone.

I watched Zack friggin Smith put up 35+ points in the NHL once playing next to Mark Stone. You can't convince me that BT can't come in next year and play the same role next year. You don't have to agree (and you quite obviously don't) but if you think there is NO scenario where BT can step into the league next year and put up 35 points I think you're out to lunch.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
One of the biggest hurdles the young players have coming into the league is reading the names on the jerseys. They get intimidated by playing with people they grew up watching on tv. Brady won't have that issue. He's been around NHL hockey his entire life and already knows a lot of these players.
I fully hope that while Drew Doughty called Matthew Tkachuk the most hated player in the game, that Brady calmly says 'hold my beer'.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I watched Zack friggin Smith put up 35+ points in the NHL once playing next to Mark Stone. You can't convince me that BT can't come in next year and play the same role next year. You don't have to agree (and you quite obviously don't) but if you think there is NO scenario where BT can step into the league next year and put up 35 points I think you're out to lunch.
Well if you're saying Tkachuk will be riding shot gun with Stone than sure, there's a small possibility. I just doubt he'll make it out of camp. Think other guys like Chlapik and Batherson will show more.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Well if you're saying Tkachuk will be riding shot gun with Stone than sure, there's a small possibility. I just doubt he'll make it out of camp. Think other guys like Chlapik and Batherson will show more.

I never said he'd make the team out of camp, or that it's even what I think is best for him (thought he shoulda stayed at BU fwiw) just that put in the right situation 35 points is an absolutely reachable goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad