Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part VII

Would you sign Brady Tkachuk at 8x8?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I think I'd actually rather a short-term bridge than a longterm deal at this point given the numbers being thrown around.

8 x 8 is extremely generous for Tkachuk, a clear overpay, and should be the absolute max we offer.
Count me in on short term. Brady has a lot to prove and if he can prove it he'll get the dollar amount he desires. Meanwhile, Ottawa has the opportunity to continue evaluating him and his role in the lineup with the continued emergence of guys like Stutzle, Batherson and Norris.

Reactions: otown

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope they sign an 8 yr deal, could care less about the dollar amount, the more the better to keep him here long term. After the 8 yrs they can decide whether to re-sign him or not, at that point we got the best yrs out of him & he could be too expensive to re-sign & we could be rebuilding again. In fact, a number of guys will be getting older & their skillset diminishing & will likely need to be replaced before they get too expensive for this market.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
If they couldn't figure out a contract for Brady, you think they'd be able to do it with Laf?

Although it sounds like they have come to an agreement based on Benji's post. Here comes Kevin with the repost!
Yes because Laf likely has never been raised with the idea of becoming some kind of American sporting hero

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I bet they’re announcing Chabot. And I honestly can’t blame them either, the guy who is absolutely towing the line and setting an example should be the captain

Could be. I would be happy for either of them to get it... so long as it is done for the right reasons.

Reactions: SensHulk

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Almost got to pretend we weren't the NHL's farm team for a second.

I mean in all fairness were dealing with a powerhouse hockey family that has been very open about how their a bitch to deal with - and will be overpaid by someone willing.

The good news is that Brady clearly wants to be here (if the price is right). If this was a bridge deal all along theres no way it goes on as long as it has.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I will take that bet, they don't want to piss off BT.

yeah but I’m assuming it’s not fine well and this was a big bargaining chip for Tkachuk’s camp (brother Matt already called Brady the captain which I think wasn’t the right thing to do but you can see how they’re absolutely using it to stick to their guns.)

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Lebrun saying Newport Sports asking “north of 8.4” Sens south of that.

holy smokes. Not a fan, but this better be the figure to counter Melnyk’s ability to pay out bonuses. If this also includes bonus money then I get the sense we won’t see any long term deal in the cards.

I wouldn’t be super thrilled but if it takes $8.5M AAV over 8 years to put this stalemate behind us and give the roster some stability, then I’d do it

Reactions: Yak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille