Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part VII

Would you sign Brady Tkachuk at 8x8?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable signing Brady for that type of money.

I’m obviously in the minority.

They're shooting themselves in the foot with that, any player that out produces him asks for more...its too simple and dumb and they can't pay them, or fit under the cap if they ever become a good team.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
They're shooting themselves in the foot with that, any player that out produces him asks for more...its too simple and dumb and they can't pay them, or fit under the cap if they ever become a good team.

yeah. I don’t care how much money Brady stuffs into his pockets. I just don’t want this rebuild to be handcuffed by overcompensating a player for his character.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
This team operates not just in a cap system, but under a more restrictive self-imposed budget than most (all?) other teams. They absolutely can't afford to pay Brady Tkachuk 8.4M+ per year. I know it's easy to talk ourselves into the idea that the hits, ass-slaps, and intangibles make him invaluable, but they don't. If his salary demands aren't in line with his tangible production, he should be moved.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Vancouver can go 3 years with Pettersson because it's a prime UFA destination and it's likely he'll re-sign there when his bridge is up.

We do the same with Brady and it's the Stone situation all over again. Wilson better be wrong about the team actually putting a 3 year term in front of him or we're in trouble.
Vancouver is not a prime UFA destination. It’s not the worst but it’s generally B.C. guys going home. Pettersson says he wants to win so the pressure is now on Shoepolish

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Brady’s my favorite Senator but north of 8,4? Lets keep a cool head here BUT if true? Shop him man. He doesnt have 9M+ skill set man its insane.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Early morning, but my thoughts on this at the moment are.... I would kill (not literally) to make 64 million over the next 8 years, and then still sign another large contract by the time I am only 30 for another 3-4 years and be set financially before the age of 40.

Most of us will probably not even make 1 million dollars total over the next 8 years, let alone 64 million.

trust fund kid with hundreds of millions in the family… this is a game to them

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I never seen Lebrun say that but I was not paying attention too much.

I don't think anyone has any solid concrete info on these negotiations.

One thing I can tell you is Dorion should have started working on this deal a long time ago rather then letting it fester this long and as season starts.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
trust fund kid with hundreds of millions in the family… this is a game to them
That's actually a really good point. Most guys are under the gun to lock up the first million. Brady's already got that coming his way when his dad croaks.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I never seen Lebrun say that but I was not paying attention too much.

I don't think anyone has any solid concrete info on these negotiations.

One thing I can tell you is Dorion should have started working on this deal a long time ago rather then letting it fester this long and as season starts.
It was always going to be a holdout.

Pierre could have started negations when he drafted Brady, still would have been a holdout.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I've got to believe that Brady had no intention of ever signing a deal early. This was always going to go this long.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The team should impose an internal signing deadline about a month in advance of the trade deadline. After that date is passed, players hit the market. Agents don't like it? f*** them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad