Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 6 - Return of the F.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I legitimately can't understand how a Sens fan could not like Tkachuk. He's going to be a fan favourite for years to come.

I agree. I really believe he will go down like an all-time great. Not for his statistics, but for his overall contribution in all areas of the game, on the ice and off.

Like someone said, he is an agitator, but he also has that "it" factor you don't see in other great pests. He also doesn't over do it. He agitates you while being as classy as possible in your face type hockey. He respects the code among players and will be as annoying as possible without being a piece of ****.

Closer to his father, Roberts, and Roenick than to Marchand, Gallagher, or even his brother.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
So, likely an unpopular question:

Among the people who were doubtful of Brady when he was drafted, have you fully changed your tune?

I was worried about that pick because I didn't see enough dynamic skill from Brady. I think I'm still worried about that a little bit, despite his success in the league. I'm not questioning his value right now; he's an awesome player and hugely valuable. I'm just wondering about the probability of major regression from him, or him sinking into more of a "good role player" type of guy.

Anybody else worried about that? Would anyone consider dealing him for a high pick at this year's draft if a team bites and one of the big names is still on the board? It would obviously be risky to trade him, but having three star players coming out of this draft together might open a nice window for us to compete. They'd all be on entry level deals timed perfectly together.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

Among the people who were doubtful of Brady when he was drafted, have you fully changed your tune?

I was worried about that pick because I didn't see enough dynamic skill from Brady. I think I'm still worried about that a little bit, despite his success in the league. I'm not questioning his value right now; he's an awesome player and hugely valuable. I'm just wondering about the probability of major regression from him, or him sinking into more of a "good role player" type of guy.

Anybody else worried about that? Would anyone consider dealing him for a high pick at this year's draft if a team bites and one of the big names is still on the board? It would obviously be risky to trade him, but having three star players coming out of this draft together might open a nice window for us to compete. They'd all be on entry level deals timed perfectly together.
For better or for worse, the SENS have made Brady the face of the franchise.

There is zero chance he's traded this summer.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Anybody else worried about that? Would anyone consider dealing him for a high pick at this year's draft if a team bites and one of the big names is still on the board?

Hard no to both questions.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Another thing about Tkachuk is that players who play that style break down a lot quicker.

It can't be easy on the body to battle that much in front of the net and having almost every play turn into a scrum.

We've seen it happen to players like Brown, Lucic, and even Mike Richards.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Another thing about Tkachuk is that players who play that style break down a lot quicker.

It can't be easy on the body to battle that much in front of the net and having almost every play turn into a scrum.

We've seen it happen to players like Brown, Lucic, and even Mike Richards.

His father played effectively into his mid-30's. And that was in an even more physical and violent era.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brady is different. He wants to be that guy that dedicates himself to a team and becomes the reason they overcome adversity and they win with him. I think he loves playing with Chabot and some other futures.

He will sign a long term deal and be one of the best Senators ever. He'll be everything Bobby Ryan was supposed to be.

Reactions: DueDiligence

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Could see an arguement for either,Tkachuk,s brash ,stand up to anyone style makes him a great choice...Chabot,s calm and cool headedness,under pressure could also be a virtue

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Brady is different. He wants to be that guy that dedicates himself to a team and becomes the reason they overcome adversity and they win with him. I think he loves playing with Chabot and some other futures.

He will sign a long term deal and be one of the best Senators ever. He'll be everything Bobby Ryan was supposed to be.

I would never assume that athlete is going to put himself in a hopeless situation for a good chunk of his career if he has a choice. If he stays it's because he thinks he has a chance to win, not out of blind loyalty to a team that drafted him.

Mark Stone was loyal and dedicated too but he moved on when the team obviously wasn't interested in paying him and putting a contender on the ice.

I think, if FYOUS is real, that they can keep Tkachuk. But if this team is still trading good vets (like Pageau) and running 10+ million below the cap, it's going to be very difficult to keep top young players.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Intense?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I mean if he gets paid yea. And even though I'd love to see Tkachuk retire a Senator, I'm not too hyped for that Brady extension. Especially considering what they gave White.

It's probably going to be 8-9 million for a guy who won't be able to carry his own line.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I mean if he gets paid yea. And even though I'd love to see Tkachuk retire a Senator, I'm not too hyped for that Brady extension. Especially considering what they gave White.

It's probably going to be 8-9 million for a guy who won't be able to carry his own line.
As I said, he will sign a bridge deal at a more reasonable number or be massively overpaid on a long term deal.

He has been supremely overhyped by the organization in order to take attention away from the financially motivated firesale. It has worked to some degree, but it is coming time to pay the price for that decision.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Pandemic probably kills the chance of an 8 to 9 mil deal.

I don't see how he gets more than Chabot did, and that's before taking into account the devastating impact of the pandemic on HRR and what that means for the cap going forward and any contracts getting signed.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
As I said, he will sign a bridge deal at a more reasonable number or be massively overpaid on a long term deal.

He has been supremely overhyped by the organization in order to take attention away from the financially motivated firesale. It has worked to some degree, but it is coming time to pay the price for that decision.

what a ridiculous, negative take. what do you find joy in exactly?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Pandemic probably kills the chance of an 8 to 9 mil deal.

I don't see how he gets more than Chabot did, and that's before taking into account the devastating impact of the pandemic on HRR and what that means for the cap going forward and any contracts getting signed.
He was never going to get that much money. Money comes down to points production for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad