Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Keith seemed like a real USA!!! type of guy so I am still surprised he wouldn't have pushed the kids to join for the Worlds.

Different times I guess.
I think Matt is an RFA and is looking at a possible big contract. That could be a factor. Brady, went from College to the NHL at 19 . Its a big leap in demand on the body. I am not surprised if he needs to recupe some.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Summer update:

xgy8ox6bel431.jpg

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
In regards to Brady wearing a St. Louis jersey, it's just his personality. It's refreshing to see that he isn't that traditional politically correct hockey player. In the playoffs he was in the stands in Calgary waiving a towel around and taunting the Avalanche all in good fun. He also said Go Flames Go during his interview on TV.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I know everyone is loving the huge weight gain by Tkachuk , but Mathot was talking about making massive weight gains isn't neccesarily the best thing to do. He mentioned that a lot of guys come in looking like athletic swimmers because speed is so important now in the NHL.

I mean if Brady carries the weigh effectively fine so long as he isnt slower because its not like he was the fastest guy out there.

Obviously hes added some muscle to his legs which will improve his speed and such but I'm definately curious to see him tonight

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I know everyone is loving the huge weight gain by Tkachuk , but Mathot was talking about making massive weight gains isn't neccesarily the best thing to do. He mentioned that a lot of guys come in looking like athletic swimmers because speed is so important now in the NHL.

I mean if Brady carries the weigh effectively fine so long as he isnt slower because its not like he was the fastest guy out there.

Obviously hes added some muscle to his legs which will improve his speed and such but I'm definately curious to see him tonight

I think speed will be more of a concern later in Tkachuk's career. For now, extra bulk and muscle is exactly what Tkachuk needs for his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad