NFL: Brady suspension reinstated

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That only relates to criminal cases.

And I wish that wasn't fully the case. Finding proof for certain cases is pretty impossible, like the OJ case. No murder weapon found. Anybody "smart" committing a murder would know to ditch the weapon and try to dispose of the bodies.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is dumb.

Lets see if the Pats (Kraft, Belichick, and Brady) once again bite their tongue or if they tell us how they really feel. I'm not a Pats fan so I don't care too much about the suspension, I just want someone to publicly go off on Goodell.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I don't agree with the suspension, but I do agree that the court doesn't have the right to overturn the NFL's agreed upon discipline process.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
And I wish that wasn't fully the case. Finding oeood for certain cases is pretty impossible, like the OJ case. No murder weapon found. Anybody "smart" committing a murder would know to ditch the weapon and try to dispose of the bodies.

It's better to let 10 criminals walk than to let 1 innocent man go to prison.

It beats Japan, where being accused of a crime results in conviction 99% of the time (literally).

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It's better to let 10 criminals walk than to let 1 innocent man go to prison.

It beats Japan, where being accused of a crime results in conviction 99% of the time (literally).

I guess it would depend on the criminal and what the crime they committed was. If they seem to have serial potential maybe not so much but if the crime they commit is against someone close to them its probably just a one time thing and they won't go on a spree.

I am amazed that DNA could get criminals wrong though.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I don't agree with the suspension, but I do agree that the court doesn't have the right to overturn the NFL's agreed upon discipline process.
I believe that what the NFLPA was arguing was that Goodell has the right to be an arbitrator, but that he has to be unbiased, and that he was unable to do so in this case.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Still gonna watch him put up better numbers than most of the other QBs in the league in 3/4 of the games :)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not just sure why anyone thought the lower judge really had the right to overturn an agreed-upon arbitration decision. It was weird to begin with.

The initial judge outlined his reasoning pretty well. It makes sense. He felt as if the process was fundamentally unfair (which it was but that's neither here nor there). 1 judge even agreed with it, seeing as how the ruling was 2-1 in the leagues favor this time around. Just didn't work out in Brady's favor this time around

I'm sure they will be going back to the drawing board for some more fun so we can talk about PSI for another 12-16 month

I also read something where if Peterson wins his case then Brady will have more to work with on his

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Which only goes to highlight how STUPID the NFLPA was to agree to give Goodell all that power.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
It's really the only thing they can argue. The only person in this case who has ruled on the guilt or innocence of Tom Brady is Roger Goodell. Everything after Goodell denied the appeal is Labor Law stuff.

Berman concluded that:

--the NFL did not properly inform Brady olthat he could be punished;
--The NFL had no right to deny the PA's motion to call Pash, who "organized" the Wells Report, to the stand;
--The NFL has to share certain info with the PA, which they didn't.

The Appeals court said "nope" to all three.

No judge in America (maybe Minnesota or Arizona) wouldn't just respond to "Goddell was biased!!" with "Well, why did you give him the power to arbitrate?"

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This is exceptionally stupid. I hate the Pats, but just let it go. He's always going to be known as a cheater, the organization is going to be known for cheating, there's no need to keep bringing this stupid **** up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad