NFL: Brady suspension reinstated

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006
Berman got blasted in the ruling. If the case goes back to him, I doubt he goes against the court of appeal. Brady can't do nothing except sit out for these 4 games.

Bottom line is the NFLPA agreed to give Goodell full power. It's dumb and I hate it, but they are the ones responsible for this. And it's not as if a situation like that has not happened before (see the Bountygate and Sean Payton being suspended for a full year).

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Those of you upset over Goodell's power, just remember the NFLPA agreed to it during the last CBA negociation.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Uh-oh even more Patriot fans are going to boycott the first round now! :popcorn:

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Those of you upset over Goodell's power, just remember the NFLPA agreed to it during the last CBA negociation.

I think everyone is well aware, doesn't mean everyone has to go along with his ridiculous ruling though.

I really wish they would just settle for 2 and move on. I think Brady would take two games as long as the wording in the ruling said the 2 games was for destroying the cell phone

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Man, I was wondering when we could talk about deflategate again

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I imagine the next step will be the PA filing for an en banc review by the appeals court. That's where the case is heard by all of the judges of the second circuit rather then just a panel of three.

Odds of getting an en banc review approved are pretty low, but the appeals court overturning the lower court ruling and the three judge panel not being unanimous in their ruling are factors that would increase the possibility of getting it heard before the full court.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Figured it would go this way after the last court day.

Whatever it keeps Brady fresh, welcome to the spin zone

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The NFLPA and Brady can petition for a re-hearing in front of the same panel then the entire 2nd Circuit Court or take their appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. They would have to request a stay of Brady's suspension during the appeal.

The NFL has the option to implement the full suspension or attempt to reach a settlement and avoid further appeals.

The "next step"

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Why are you pissed? I can understand Pats fans being upset but as a neutral this has no bearing on me. The NFL wasn't going to take this L lying down so I'm not surprised at this.

Brady was never found to be guilty, and the NFL is treating its model franchise/player / one of its best players like complete ****.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How? They are doing what the NHLPA granted them in the CBAa. Pretty open and closed for me.

It could have something to do with the opinion that this should have been treated as an equipment violation, with an $8k fine, not a suspension.

This, and just because they "can" do it, doesn't mean they "have" to. They "could have" thrown the book at Ray Rice, but gave him a paltry 2 game suspension.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gonna be interesting to see how Jimmy G does. If he holds his own he'll have some good trade value across the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad