NFL: Brady suspension reinstated

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I know Donnie Fehr is a powerful guy, but I don't think he has that kind of influence.

Lol yeah my bad. I think the suspension will get knocked down to 2. The NFL made their point getting it reinstated now do the right thing now that the 2nd circuit has ruled that Goodell still has his power.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Lol yeah my bad. I think the suspension will get knocked down to 2. The NFL made their point getting it reinstated now do the right thing now that the 2nd circuit has ruled that Goodell still has his power.

You really expect Goodell to set aside his ego? I'm half surprised he's not already announced that he's tacking on another 2 games because...well, f**k it, because he's Goodell and apparently he can.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

I don't see that happening. The other owners will be back to calling him a Kraft toadie. This whole charade has been to prove otherwise after being embarrassed by them.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You really expect Goodell to set aside his ego? I'm half surprised he's not already announced that he's tacking on another 2 games because...well, f**k it, because he's Goodell and apparently he can.

He can and its the players fault sadly. If they want him to have less power, they have to go back to the negotiation table. Might have to give up something in exchange for his disciplinary powers.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Belichick probably just wants one of these to stick already so he can find out.

What Mallett didn't do it for you? ;)

I certainly wouldnt put it past BB to move Brady after the season if Jimmy G plays well. If there was one player he would sacrifice value for it might be TB though

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Exactly. GoodeLOL has an ego the size of Jerryworld and will not do anything reasonable, especially after being utterly embarrassed in court back in August.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i hate the pats but this deflategate thing has gotten so, so old. either suspend him or don't. watch, 5 years from now they'll still be trying to suspend him but he'll appeal and the process will be repeated

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is ridiculous. I dislike Brady but my hate for the NFL is far greater. Just leave it alone. The Patriots paid enough for it already.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
This is just the dumbest story of all time.Then again, it kept the NFL in the news all Summer last year......could work a second time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't care about this in any way, shape, or form. As soon as I finish typing this response, I'm ignoring this thread. How we got to this point is beyond me. Whether or not he was guilty, a suspension of any kind is absolutely absurd. We have played two Super Bowls since the event in question happened. Let's move the **** on already.

Exactly this.

Goodell is such a ****boy.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
From what I can tell, it does go back to him, but he's instructed to confirm the suspension. And while he had other issues, or something like that, the appeals court took care of that too. Not sure what Brady's options are now.

He can try to appeal to the Supreme Court, but they probably won't hear the case, and there's a good chance of a 4-4 deadlock, which means a de facto loss for Brady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad