NFL: Brady suspension reinstated

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
this whole thing has been a giant embarrassment to the sport, a good commissioner would have let it go a long time ago

It is an embarrassment because its a suspension that come with one full season between what happen and now. And its also about something with little to no proof at all.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yeah, the loss of a first round pick for having a camera placed on the sidelines, rather than in the stands wasn't enough :help:

OH THE HORRORS! WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Plus it's the exact same violation the Jets got bagged doing 2 months! after the infamous Spygate memo came out, and Mangini just shrugged and said "We had permission."

The result from the league? No fines, no punishment.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not so sure Pats fans should be getting overconfident that their team will do no worse than 3-1 without Brady, or that they'll go 12-0 when he's back.

Yeah i mean why would Pats fan be confident in their team. It's not like they wake up with 12 wins and the AFC East crown every year despite people always being like "this is the time, THE DOLPHINS ARE HERE" or "NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGON LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!" while their defense gets their heart ripped out of their chest and eaten in front of thousands of their hostile fans.

If they are healthy in the first 4 they will be just fine without Brady. The defense is good enough to win and Jimmy G has plenty of options. I think they probably lose in week 1, but that's fine Arizona is a great team.

Btw I don't think anybody is expecting 15-1.... At least rational people aren't. Too much **** happens week to week. Probably anywhere from 11-5 to 13-3 is what I'm expecting....the standard season. 10-6 or worse would be disappointing

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
With this finally over, I'd hate to be a fan of any other team in the AFC East. Gonna be tough to walk around in January when the Pats win the division again after giving them all a 4 game head start. :laugh:

Knowing Belichick, it wouldn't shock me to see them start 3-1. He was able to squeeze out 11 wins with Matt Cassell, so 3 wins with Garappolo doesn't sound far fetched to me.

This time BB is getting months of planning knowing Jimmy G is the QB. Last time he had to plan on the fly as Cassell had to take over week 1 with no real reps as a number 1 in practice or preseason

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Rivalries are built in the playoffs more than anything, imo.

And there's no guarantee teams are going to play each other often in the playoffs in the NFL. Like it or not, many rivalries in the NFL come from within the divisions.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
And there's no guarantee teams are going to play each other often in the playoffs in the NFL. Like it or not, many rivalries in the NFL come from within the divisions.

I feel like you're focusing on details of my idea more than the idea itself. Putting aside your thoughts on that, doesn't my idea at least seem more fair? Teams will play each other at least every other year, and you won't have 8-8/9-7 teams making it over 11-5 teams.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I feel like you're focusing on details of my idea more than the idea itself. Putting aside your thoughts on that, doesn't my idea at least seem more fair? Teams will play each other at least every other year, and you won't have 8-8/9-7 teams making it over 11-5 teams.

You can make that argument for all professional sports leagues currently. I'm just saying why it's never going to happen. Not in the NFL, and not in the other three major sports in North America. They want to sell rivalries. It's the reason the Cowboys are in the NFC East even though geographically it makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad