Attachments

• 306E096F-1423-4D3F-9CE5-917C1DBBA64A.jpeg
    306E096F-1423-4D3F-9CE5-917C1DBBA64A.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 8

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't understand how I keep seeing things like expansion draft and contracts to be handed out as a concern.

Literally nothing we did will stop us from signing Svech or Hamilton (provided they want to at whatever the ask is from Hamilton. Svech will absolutely be signed). This isn't some sit on their hands front office. If they want to keep those guys, they'll make the appropriate moves, even if cutthroat.

The expansion draft still is over a year away and none of the scenarios is that bad. We're either crazy loaded and actually lose someone good. Or, we realize that we've been hoarding picks an prospects not just for yesterday, but for just such an occasion, and either absorb the loss with the many replacements we have lining up, or pay off Seattle.

This front office and ownership kinda know what they're doing.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Skej looked very promising why did he seem to fall off from like 2 years ago. I'll admit this is just form looking at his stats.

The one poster noted his contract, but I'd also point out that 2 years ago was when McDonagh was fighting an injury much of the season and then was traded. I think he's well suited to be a 2nd pairing D, probably the second guy on the second pair, but too much has been asked of him the last 3 seasons.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I've listened to the Chiclets guys, Ej Hradek and some others on sportsnet/nhl network. The consensus is that Skjei is a good player and most believe it was a fair trade. In other words literally everybody that is not a Rangers fan likes the trade.
Everybody loved the Gardiner acquisition, too. Media guys tend to overlook most of the warts on the deal days.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
I've listened to the Chiclets guys, Ej Hradek and some others on sportsnet/nhl network. The consensus is that Skjei is a good player and most believe it was a fair trade. In other words literally everybody that is not a Rangers fan likes the trade.

Which Rangers fans don't like the trade? Most are ecstatic. Not because Brady Skjei is a terrible player (he isn't), but because we really needed to shed some cap and we were able to do so without attaching a sweetener, and in fact were able to add a pick that will probably be in the low 20's or so. Brady could be a solid player for the Canes, and even if he is, the trade still made a lot of sense for NYR.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brady looks like a solid Top 4 D-Man in the NHL.
He's played for Minnesota, Team USA U18 & U20 teams.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Everybody loved the Gardiner acquisition, too. Media guys tend to overlook most of the warts on the deal days.
Thats fair but i also think majority of the posters on this board are being over dramatic about Gardiner. He unfortunately took the scapegoat title because of his poor play early on. His recent play has been much better. Just my opinion.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Thats fair but i also think majority of the posters on this board are being over dramatic about Gardiner. He unfortunately took the scapegoat title because of his poor play early on. His recent play has been much better. Just my opinion.

In that vein, I'm very concerned about integrating 3 new guys in the heat of a playoff race, no matter how good they might ultimately be -- but we'll see.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
In that vein, I'm very concerned about integrating 3 new guys in the heat of a playoff race, no matter how good they might ultimately be -- but we'll see.
Well, to be fair, we only have to integrate two at the moment. Vats is not yet ready to play.

Reactions: zman77

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, the forward likely won't be much worse than the poor play he was replacing, so that's good. The D is a concern, but not one we had much of a choice about. Worry about integrating talented new players or worry about integrating AHLers. Could be challenging either way.

I'm not really sure we have a large enough sample size to be that concerned anyways. Dougie and Gardiner were affected by injury concerns during that time as well as integrating into the new team. Edmundson seemed to adapt okay and so did de Haan for the most part.

Reactions: zman77

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well, the forward likely won't be much worse than the poor play he was replacing, so that's good.
I don't agree there. We replace Haula with Trocheck which is a new piece, but probably better overall performance. But we are also essentially replacing Wally with Dzingle (last healthy scratch). That is not an integration issue, but certainly Wally was playing much better than Dzingle in most areas of play.

Reactions: Navin R Slavin

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't agree there. We replace Haula with Trocheck which is a new piece, but probably better overall performance. But we are also essentially replacing Wally with Dzingle (last healthy scratch). That is not an integration issue, but certainly Wally was playing much better than Dzingle in most areas of play.
Hm, I guess that's a way to look at it, but I'm just slightly more concerned with what's ostensibly the 2C position than the 4C position. So I don't care even if that is the case? I think Marty will be fine as 4C and Dzingel has still played the majority of the games, so he's not really replacing anyone to me.

I think we'll be better now than our recent 2C play and not considerably worse on the 4th even though I liked Wallmark.

Reactions: cptjeff

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hmmm, ok. Put Dzingel out on the PK. I think we'll see a difference then.

Put Dzingel in goal and we’ll see a difference between him and Reimer. Wallmark is a good PKer and Dzingel isn’t, but Dzingel is a better scorer. Sounds like a wash to me. And if Dzingel never picks it up, or even gets worse, the difference between him and Wallmark probably doesn’t get close to the difference between Haula and Trocheck.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Skej looked very promising why did he seem to fall off from like 2 years ago. I'll admit this is just form looking at his stats.
He seemed to crack under the pressure of playing in NYC with that big contract. He had a great first year with us. I really do not know of any other reason why his play took a few big steps back. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs. Maybe he'll be fine when not on the first pairing. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00