Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Leafs will be laughing when their rivals have no picks or asset to trade in the next few years and JT's 11 mil gets slashed in half on his retirement contract.

Even with no big name this year we are contenders

We chipped away at crease and grit issues. Team is good

Reactions: aingefan

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I think Trelivings hands are tied thanks to Dubas and his top six overpaid players. Hopefully he trades one of them in the summer , if possible.
Not impossible - just not likely

I guess the question is why would they ever “buy in”, they have been handed everything they could ever want. Buying in and going deeper is hard and sometimes it hurts and they have given no indication that they have any interest in doing so. Finally they have never been held accountable by the GM’s, Shanny or Shanny’s bosses period
Maybe if they showed anything at all this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_155820_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_155820_Chrome.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Leafs will be laughing when their rivals have no picks or asset to trade in the next few years and JT's 11 mil gets slashed in half on his retirement contract.

God. What drugs are you on, and can you mail me some?

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I guess the question is why would they ever “buy in”, they have been handed everything they could ever want. Buying in and going deeper is hard and sometimes it hurts and they have given no indication that they have any interest in doing so. Finally they have never been held accountable by the GM’s, Shanny or Shanny’s bosses period
Tannenbaum will hear it from tre .we ll see if Shanahan is back

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
No trades to move the needle enough to make a difference. Fire this clown. First round exit here we come.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
He did great today. He recognized this core isn’t going to win jackshit no matter who you acquire and basically stood pat.

Not sure what people expected we could acquire that would make Matthews, Marner and Nylander actually fight for the middle of the ice or make Tavares anywhere near an 11 million dollar center.
Dubas is already hearing it from Pittsburgh fans
He was very tunnel vision ed

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He did great today. He recognized this core isn’t going to win jackshit no matter who you acquire and basically stood pat.

Not sure what people expected we could acquire that would make Matthews, Marner and Nylander actually fight for the middle of the ice or make Tavares anywhere near an 11 million dollar center.
It is interesting that they didn't spend more. Shanny must not be feeling the heat that so many think he should. Imagine him getting canned because he didn't push Tre to make a deal for Walker. How much of a reduction in cost would there have been if no $4M cap dump attached to that deal? I like him but I heard he was looking for $5M+ on his next deal so I am not missing the add as much as I might.

After SK shut my mouth with the winning streak I am back to wondering if any changes will be enough with this coach. A quick 0-2 against their expected playoff opponent vs winning against some western clubs they would only meet in the Cup final. I know Woll isn't lights out yet but once again the game is over by the 30 minute market and they are 0 for the season. This is the one club they NEED to beat. The adds they made won't change the fact they have score 7 goals in 4 games against the Bs.

Sep 18, 2009

Leafs have no picks

Keep schooling

Reactions: myleafs

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Nobody could have predicted Hyman's breakout with McDavid but we all should have assumed that his numbers would have gone up

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I hope I’m wrong but I can see us going back to the first round exits this year. Don’t know if we’ll even make it to game 7.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Is it them or the coach? Dan Bylsma won a Cup with Pittsburgh and never got back there. Sullivan won two with Pittsburgh but hasn't been past the 2nd round in six years. Cassidy had .685, .683, and .714 seasons with the Bs and still got fired but won a Cup in Vegas. It seems like the coaching change is what gets you over the hump, but eventually even the Cup coach goes stale. You can be a good coach but still not the one the team needs. They are stuck with the millionaire boys club because the Leaf's rubber stamp NMC deals. If they don't have a big playoff lets move on from the Brampton Legend and see if a different voice resonates.

I agree they probably should have broken up the core but a coaching change should be the last step before they were to try that. Much easier than trying to get Mitch to waive his NM I think.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
And honestly, the trade with St. Louis last year doesn't look as bad if SOMEONE hadn't decided to just let everyone walk...

Noel Accari is worthless. The guy is absolute trash. Only an incompetent fool like Kyle Dumbass would give him such a ridiculous 3yr contract $2M per. Horrible overpay.

Giving a 33yr old like O’Reilly a 4yr deal at $4.5M per is contract that definitely won’t age well.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Not according to him.

McCabe is way better than Boosh, though, plus he had multiple years. And honestly, the trade with St. Louis last year doesn't look as bad if SOMEONE hadn't decided to just let everyone walk...
Free Agents make their own choices.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Is it them or the coach? Dan Bylsma won a Cup with Pittsburgh and never got back there. Sullivan won two with Pittsburgh but hasn't been past the 2nd round in six years. Cassidy had .685, .683, and .714 seasons with the Bs and still got fired but won a Cup in Vegas. It seems like the coaching change is what gets you over the hump, but eventually even the Cup coach goes stale. You can be a good coach but still not the one the team needs. They are stuck with the millionaire boys club because the Leaf's rubber stamp NMC deals. If they don't have a big playoff lets move on from the Brampton Legend and see if a different voice resonates.

I agree they probably should have broken up the core but a coaching change should be the last step before they were to try that. Much easier than trying to get Mitch to waive his NM I think.
I think at this point another coaching change is needed but I’m concerned that the bad habits are already to ingrained in this core group, it’s probably just who they are

Is that why he re-signed the two guys from the core who he has been allowed to re-sign to new deals with NMCs? Because he doesn't believe in the core? Gonna be weird when he re-signs Marner, too.
It’s going to be sad because it’s going to mean another 4-5 years of this shit show and lack of playoff success

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
It’s going to be sad because it’s going to mean another 4-5 years of this shit show and lack of playoff success
I don't actually believe that. One thing I like about Treliving is his you gotta keep knocking at the door and eventually you'll break it down mentality. Winning is hard. Really hard. And with the current format, it's even harder because the division is so tough (not an excuse, just the truth).

What I find super interesting is that people seem to think Treliving is doing something very different or is hindered by what happened before him. He's re-signed Keefe, Matthews, and Nylander (he's likely to do the and with Marner). He's found depth pieces on both the cheap and flyers the same way we've been doing for years now. Even Reaves, he's certainly the most fighter type guy we've had in a while, but it's not the first time in the last five years we've added that hard nosed, gonna make us tough to play against, character guy.

The process is so similar, it's obvious Shanahan has a vision and Treliving shares it.

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I think at this point another coaching change is needed but I’m concerned that the bad habits are already to ingrained in this core group, it’s probably just who they are

Any habits this team has will change with the surrounding players and a coaching change the young kids have way more of an edge then the core really would love to see Matthews get nasty that's the one thing above many that's really missing

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't actually believe that. One thing I like about Treliving is his you gotta keep knocking at the door and eventually you'll break it down. Winning is hard. Really hard. And with the current format, it's even harder because the division is so tough (not an excuse, just the truth).

What I find super interesting is that people seem to think Treliving is doing something very different or is hindered by what happened before him. He's re-signed Keefe, Matthews, and Nylander (he's likely to do the and with Marner). He's found depth pieces on both the cheap and flyers the same way we've been doing forI years now. Even Reaves, he's certainly the most fighter type guy we've had in a while, but it's not the first time in the last five years we've added that hard nosed, gonna make us tough to play against, character guy.

The process is so similar, it's obvious Shanahan has a vision and Treliving shares it.
Everyone in the league shares it. Did Tampa trade any of their star players before they won a Cup? Did Colorado? Teams generally keep star players unless they are forced to trade them for other reasons. It's not rocket science.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
not thrilled with the moves he made. I would have much rather done nothing and kept our limited picks.
we have no chance against some of these teams. no chance at all.

last year was our best chance and we blew it. we need to recoup some assets and give it a shot in a few years.

next year is done for, the stars took pretty much all the available cap.

the sad part is, we;re likely never going to win the cup or come close with this core, for sure need a couple or few years to get back to a real contender and then after that just as we start to save a little on the % Matthews caphit, he will be expiring. and our core will be slowly starting to age.

just feels like no matter what we do. we're in for a long while of meh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad