Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I have to disagree here. Marchand could have stopped. He realized he could barrel into Price and use the "but I was pushed" excuse, which didn't fly this time. If you recall, Price had already been bumped pretty hard (on a legit play, but still) a few minutes before. Marchand has to be smarter and realize the refs probably aren't going to let the B's take Price out twice 8 minutes into game 7. As is too often the case with him, he didn't.

I also thought the snowing of Price was an idiotic move. It's been called relatively frequently this postseason, and he blatantly did it.

Very disappointed with him in general.

I mean, he was crosschecked in the side of the head. I don't see how you can call the one on Marchand without calling the one on Markov.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He's in my doghouse (and I'm sure he cares :sarcasm:), but I don't move him over the summer unless there's an irrefusable offer.

I'd keep a hairy eyeball on him during the fall though.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I mean, he was crosschecked in the side of the head. I don't see how you can call the one on Marchand without calling the one on Markov.

I suppose an argument could be made for matching, but that doesn't absolve Marchand IMO. It reminds me of one of Bartkowksi's holding penalties earlier in the series. The Canadian dove, but Bartkowski also took his hand off his stick and wrapped it around his chest, after having already been penalized for the same thing more than once.

Both players needed to be more aware of the situations they were in, and they weren't.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
My feeling on Brad since he started in Providence is that he is a "change of scenery" guy. He's not someone you keep around for ten years. Every two or three you have to move him because the act wears thin. Of course, the first team that has to make that assessment always has the toughest choice. But the time has come.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
But what's he supposed to do in the Markov situation? Not go to the net? Because that's the only way the opposing player ISN'T going to push him into the goalie. For me, they've taken it too far with him to the point where outright legitimate stuff that can end up causing someone to get hurt is being let go. It's just frustrating as hell when in one game we have a player who pushes one of theirs into their goalie, we get called, then turn around in another game and one of ours gets cross checked into their goalie and again, we get called. Which is it? Are we the offender in the first situation or the 2nd? It can't be both ways. But yet it is. I wouldn't be surprised if Chara has a couple fractures in his hand or wrist from the number of freaking outright full slashes he took last night with no calls too.

Its the overall not the isolated incident.
He needs to recognize his situation. "I've dug a hole for myself". OK, check. realization.

Then he needs to conciously make an adjustment..."but I cant really do anything about it".... wrong answer.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
time to bring up the average height of the team. lata marchand.

As a side note has anyone ever heard of someone getting called for snowing the goalie?new one on me.

it happened multiple times in the playoffs alone. Marchand should have known better.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Its the overall not the isolated incident.
He needs to recognize his situation. "I've dug a hole for myself". OK, check. realization.

Then he needs to conciously make an adjustment..."but I cant really do anything about it".... wrong answer.

Well put GW.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was all ready to give up on him, but then I saw

and decided Brad needs another chance!

Wow. Don't remember CBC showing that.

Crap like this i can tolerate if he's actually performing well (not that it makes it any less inexcusable.) But he's now actively dragging the team down with his antics. Thus, he must go.

Kaoz*

It's absolutely amazing no officials caught that. I saw it, mentioned it in the GDT, couldn't believe how he got away with it. Don't even think it garnered a mention there.

With Marshy it's really the little things you don't see ;)

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Wow. Don't remember CBC showing that.

Crap like this i can tolerate if he's actually performing well (not that it makes it any less inexcusable.) But he's now actively dragging the team down with his antics. Thus, he must go.

He's had a rough year, but he still manage to contribute. Just like I wouldn't have gotten rid of Lucic after a weak post-season, I'm not ready to give up on Marchand until it is shown that he's a distraction (which doesn't seem to be the case), or non-productive (which is still a small sample size).

It's absolutely amazing no officials caught that. I saw it, mentioned it in the GDT, couldn't believe how he got away with it. Don't even think it garnered a mention there.

With Marshy it's really the little things you don't see ;)

Yeah, I don't remember seeing it on the NBC feed, nor a mention of it. They were probably still in commercials. But I love it--especially as it was "turtleneck."

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Seen enough. Far too often up against it w/ his size. The rest, don't need it if he's not scoring goals.

See ya. But whatever comes back better be fast and skilled. Easier said than done.

David Krejci*

I have no problem with the idea of someone giving Plekanec a shot like that on the faceoff circle, we all know Plekanec has done the same thing numerous times.

But to do that in a Game 7,not to mention when you're already losing, and with Montreal's power play, is STUPID. He's lucky that no refs saw it, ****ing MORON. I can't stand this idiot.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

ya, trade another 25 goal scorer making 4.5 million a year.
IF i was Brad, i ask to be traded. He got 25 goals with probably a total of 4 Powerplay minutes. No respect to his offensive ability by the coaches. If the Bruins trade Brad Marchand they will regret as they will regret the Seguin trade in few years.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

Why was Chara on the PP with a broken finger in front of net where you need quick hands and a good grip on the stick?
Did Julien know of Chara's broken finger?
Offensive players thrive on the PP. They gain confidence playing on the powerplay. To constantly expect a player to score 5 on 5 all the time is just unrealistic.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
ya, trade another 25 goal scorer making 4.5 million a year.
IF i was Brad, i ask to be traded. He got 25 goals with probably a total of 4 Powerplay minutes. No respect to his offensive ability by the coaches. If the Bruins trade Brad Marchand they will regret as they will regret the Seguin trade in few years.

Marchand couldn't put the puck in the ocean at the beginning of the season and the PP was actually pretty good all year long, maybe that's why he wasn't on the PP.

That or the coaches hate him, either one is possible.

InfernoOrangeSS

VERITAS AEQUITAS
May 22, 2006
Pelham, AL
Yeah, consider me crazy or deranged, but I want Marchand back next year. I love him as a player and an instigator. Yes, he had a horrible playoffs, but so did a lot of our players.

turtlethedog

Nov 14, 2011
Charlestown
Yeah, consider me crazy or deranged, but I want Marchand back next year. I love him as a player and an instigator. Yes, he had a horrible playoffs, but so did a lot of our players.

He's not even a good instigator anymore! He's a joke - Vancouver players laughed at him when he was kissing the ring (meanwhile the B's got smoked), he did nothing to get Detroit riled up and the Canadiens brushed him aside - even Subban.

I think the time has come to move on from Marshmont - and I believe that they will.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, the whole "kiss the rings and raising the cup" **** didn't sit well with me, especially when your team is getting hammered by a rival.

They laughed at him and basically said "scoreboard, chump." To make matters worse, they scored 2 more after he did that.

turtlethedog

Nov 14, 2011
Charlestown
Yeah, the whole "kiss the rings and raising the cup" **** didn't sit well with me, especially when your team is getting hammered by a rival.

They laughed at him and basically said "scoreboard, chump." To make matters worse, they scored 2 more after he did that.

It's pretty pathetic especially since they had LOST in the cup finals the previous year. This is pure speculation but it seems to me that Bradley is satisfied or comfortable or however you want to say it - with the 2011 cup and with himself as a guy who has made it.

Maybe a trade will light a fire under him - I wish him well elsewhere I suppose but I hope to have seen the last of him here.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I do not want the current Brad Marchand on my team. If he envisions himself another Steve Avery or Steve Ott. Let him take
his punkish act elsewhere. Brad can be an excellent two-way player. Dangerous on the PK, better skills than people give him credit for. I don't remember the beginning of his career. But, I remember the end. And, also remember reading his book. Marchand should read up on Stan Mikita and how he changed his act from a dirty/chippy player to a Lady Bing Winner. Didn't affect his play one iota. He's in the HOF. Not saying Marchy is a HOF candidate. But, he's hurting the team with his selfish act and needs to be called out on it. Change or. Ride em cowboy with Seguin in Big D.

wils5150

Mar 19, 2014
massachusetts
Its a little bit of everything about marchand that ticks me off. No goals in 20 playoff games. random punch to whats his name last night, snowing price and skating back to the bench and cross checking zetterberg in the back for no reason. Its time for this guy to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino