Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I say let's look into getting a sniper for him. As was demonstrated...continuously....this postseason is our inability to finish. Marchand used to be one our biggest finishers and still is when he's hot, so if we get rid of him I want someone who can put the puck in the net in return. Not sure who the best candidate would be, obviously not someone too desired or the price will be too high. But we need someone who has a Seguin-esque shot but with better defensive play and more strength along the boards.

I'm fine getting rid of Marshmont, but I want something good in return. And no, another Loui won't cut it.

I was really counting on you tonight Marshy. This was your chance. Ya blew it.

The kind of player fitting that description is someone like Stamkos. Please be realistic about who we can get.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I say let's look into getting a sniper for him. As was demonstrated...continuously....this postseason is our inability to finish. Marchand used to be one our biggest finishers and still is when he's hot, so if we get rid of him I want someone who can put the puck in the net in return. Not sure who the best candidate would be, obviously not someone too desired or the price will be too high. But we need someone who has a Seguin-esque shot but with better defensive play and more strength along the boards.

I'm fine getting rid of Marshmont, but I want something good in return. And no, another Loui won't cut it.

I was really counting on you tonight Marshy. This was your chance. Ya blew it.

:facepalm:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchand's rep is so bad now that he will get reputation calls the rest of his career, the two he got tonight prove that. He has become a liability and moving him is addition by subtraction at this point. Shame really cause he is a good hockey player.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Marchand's rep is so bad now that he will get reputation calls the rest of his career, the two he got tonight prove that. He has become a liability and moving him is addition by subtraction at this point. Shame really cause he is a good hockey player.

that's the bottom line right here and one of the biggest differences between 2011 Marchand and 2014 Marchand. He's definitely not doing himself any favors, but he's also not being allowed to play his game at all.

Chieftans22*

I want him on my team, and I want him to succeed. That said, if he plays like this?

assets back pls

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Damn I was that off? Okay fair enough. I guess the lack of finish from the playoffs really clouded my judgement.

I guess I just feel like with Marchand sucking and Seguin gone we really don't have someone who can pull off a solid shot. I don't mean a sniper like Patty Kane or Stamkos, good lord, but a little more aim than our team.

But anyway...sorry about the apparently stupid post. I just really feel like our team needs a good finisher. I've seen it a few times in Smith, but not enough to really spark anything.

Carry on. My mistake.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

this...

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
You guys seem to forget how massively important he is with Bergy on the PK though. Lead the league in shorties and is one of the best shorthanded players around. It's like Loui: When he isn't scoring, he's stopping the other team from scoring. He also had more points this series than many of our players.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'm a big fan of Brad but how can you have the guy on your team if the refs literally go out of their way to call penalties that don't exist on him?

Sigh...

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
Thanks March but you are way more trouble than you are worth now. Good luck to you.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

I think he's a great hockey player, but that video just sums it up for this series. He kept doing stuff like that all series and didn't get so much as a look from the Habs afterwards. The refs took notice however and poof, 2 reputation calls in game 7.

Either he needs to reinvent himself or he won't be playing. At least not on an elite team like Boston.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I can't defend anything about this guy's performance this playoffs.
I really don't know what's gonna happen with him.

Outside of the penalties I thought Smith and Bergeron were worse than him.

Bergeron played like Joe Thornton in 2004 tonight.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Someone needs to tell Brad he has alot of skill and doesn't need to pull all the crap he does.

He started the season playing brutal, then played amazing for a stretch, then ended the year with zero confidence. Missing the numerous empty nets he had was bad enough, but then he hurt the team further with his dumb penalties and many turnovers.

I think management has seen enough of his act and will look to move him.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

He is a good hockey player but is immature and makes too many bad decisions that cost the team. I'm OK if they move on from him.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
I always thought he was a dirt bag. That whole, "you hate him if he's on the other team, but love him, if he's on yours" thing? Screw that. I hate him BECAUSE he's on my team and did all the crap he did and got all those dumb penalties at the worst possible times

The problem was, the guy would also come up HUGE for them, in big spots, so how could you justify getting rid of him? Well, after this postseason, where we got all the normal bad stuff and almost zero of the good, I think they should absolutely take this chance to rid themselves of this clown

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
unless there are injuries, i dont see chia and cam putting up with 3 horrible playoff years in a row from one player.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bruins have a tough decision to make here.

Marchand has now established a clear reputation in the league and with the officiating. (spare the fair from unfair stuff too as I deal in reality).

So, the risk of negatively impacting the team because of it coupled with his lack of production puts him in the negative side of the ledger. When he does produce his value goes up but is it enough to offset the penalties he's sure to get now into the future?

Its risk/reward and needs to be weighed out.

It should be interesting.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Outside of the penalties I thought Smith and Bergeron were worse than him.

Bergeron played like Joe Thornton in 2004 tonight.

That line was definitely horrible.

But if you're going to play like ****, at least don't take a stupid penalty like the one Marchand took right at the beginning of the 2nd period.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Bruins have a tough decision to make here.

Marchand has now established a clear reputation in the league and with the officiating. (spare the fair from unfair stuff too as I deal in reality).

So, the risk of negatively impacting the team because of it coupled with his lack of production puts him in the negative side of the ledger. When he does produce his value goes up but is it enough to offset the penalties he's sure to get now into the future?

Its risk/reward and needs to be weighed out.

It should be interesting.

I agree.
Fair or not this is what we're dealing with going forward.
He's a really tricky one and it's hard to say what Chiarelli does here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia