Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I always chuckle when people have a go at Marchand. How many times have we seen him take a penalty that costs us a goal, only to come back and score a bigger goal later in the game? How many times have we seen him score the shorthanded goal that puts a knife in the other team? How many times has he literally put this team on his back? He delivers intensity and passion virtually all the time.
Like Cassidy said the good is way way more than the bad, but Marchy has to stay on the ice. I can understand the 1st roughing, where he feels he’s getting taken advantage of under the pile. The second one with Mantha was just plain dumb, that’s not him sticking up for himself it’s just losing his cool.

Matching penalties with Marchand is almost always going to be a disadvantage for us. He needs to find the line and tow it, so he can continue his shenanigans while staying out of the box. Even if he has to go back to licking.

Regardless I love Marchand and all the baggage and flaws that come with him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Like Cassidy said the good is way way more than the bad, but Marchy has to stay on the ice. I can understand the 1st roughing, where he feels he’s getting taken advantage of under the pile. The second one with Mantha was just plain dumb, that’s not him sticking up for himself it’s just losing his cool.

Matching penalties with Marchand is almost always going to be a disadvantage for us. He needs to find the line and tow it, so he can continue his shenanigans while staying out of the box. Even if he has to go back to licking.

Regardless I love Marchand and all the baggage and flaws that come with him.

That negated a Bruins power play.

Its the playoffs, that shouldn't happen.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Marchand needs to clean up the crap. It gets lost because we got the win but thats another game he took a pointless dumb penalty. I get that he’s bringing the intensity but he’s gonna find ways to do it without getting penalized.

Bergy needs to tell him”ENOUGH”.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They need the after the whistle stuff too though. The unsportsmanlike call was bullshit- 2 min for tickling a guys ear with your stick in a playoff game? And then in light of what they let go later in the same game...woof. That's on the reffs.

He's been the team MVP all year and not just because of the production. He's put them on his shoulders and jumped in their arms to celebrate.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Clean up the after whistle stuff, that's my only complaint. He's been great.

It's genuinely getting to be too much. Granted maybe him doing that is what causes them to do stuff like the stick on Charlie.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't agree with the attacks on Marchand here. Can somebody find the video of the back and forth with him and Dillon? I recall feeling like it was ludicrous that Marchand got a solo penalty. I'd love to see that video stacked up to the Game 2 incident.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The little things he does after the whistle are part of his game and can’t be separated from him. He can hide it for a little but he’s a pest and he is a **** disturber.

I really don’t mind. It’s all part of the package and he is playing his butt off. He wants to win and he has the skills to make it happen.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'll take Marchand the way he is... any way he wants... he's the machine.

He's the straw that stirs the drink and has been for years. Whatever he has to do in order to stay that way, so be it. I'll happily take the bad in exchange for the good. It's not like he's Kadri running people every post season and getting tossed out of the playoffs for it. He cup checked a dude and then played a little tag with another guy's face and his stick.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Dear Bradley,

Please refrain from using your stick after the whistle tonight.

You are needed on the ice and not in the penalty box.

Also, please keep your game simple and don't try dipsy doodling in the neutral zone only to put it on the Caps stick.

XOXO

Alicat

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Look at Jason Spezza finding his way onto that list, I know he’s a leaf but good for him
Always been a hell of a player. His slap passes still give me PTSD flashbacks.
Dear Bradley,

Please refrain from using your stick after the whistle tonight.

You are needed on the ice and not in the penalty box.

Also, please keep your game simple and don't try dipsy doodling in the neutral zone only to put it on the Caps stick.

XOXO

Alicat
The worst part is everyone knows this is his new thing for this playoff run.

"I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. *slap*"

The refs saw this a mile away and have chastised him. I imagine there's been an interoffice email with "Marchand's new trick" in the subject line going through the league's domain.

I hope he understands that he'll have to come up with some new indignity to inflict on the opposition, because this one ain't working. Something a bit more subtle, hopefully.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
33 years old and just keeps getting better. what a combo of skill and grit.
enjoy this guy every night you get to watch him - yes he does some really
dumb things, but always makes up for it. absolute treasure of a hockey
player and great guy off the ice. we'll go as far as he carries us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad