Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Yeah it would of been great if Marchy scored then, but to be fair to him he was right in on top of the goalie and he's one of only a handful of players in the league who could of picked that top corner. 99 percent of the league would of put that backhander right into the goalies chest.

Imo, If anyone is looking at Marchand as the reason the bruins lost game one they don't know their a@$$ from a hole in the ground. Every teams game plan is to try and slow Marchand down and 90 percent of the time Marchand still out-duels them. He's a world class player and the Bruins are lucky he dresses for them.
Exactly. While Marchy indeed had a bad game, it was interesting to see who the Caps were most focused on last night on the first line -- Marchy and Bergy. It would have been nice to see the third member of that line show up and take advantage, but he couldn't be bothered. That kind of bullshit performance by Pasta puts added pressure on the other two players, which causes them to press more. I about lost my shit on two occasions where Brad had the puck coming down the side and there was plenty of open space in the middle for Pasta to slot into for a great chance and Pasta was nowhere to be seen since he was content to not go across the middle, so Brad really had no options and it resulted in turnovers.

Marchy is the most competitive player on this team, and the best player on the team. He has earned more than enough capital to have a rough game, and one in which one of his linemates gave a trash effort. At least Brad gave effort.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Exactly. While Marchy indeed had a bad game, it was interesting to see who the Caps were most focused on last night on the first line -- Marchy and Bergy. It would have been nice to see the third member of that line show up and take advantage, but he couldn't be bothered. That kind of bullshit performance by Pasta puts added pressure on the other two players, which causes them to press more. I about lost my shit on two occasions where Brad had the puck coming down the side and there was plenty of open space in the middle for Pasta to slot into for a great chance and Pasta was nowhere to be seen since he was content to not go across the middle, so Brad really had no options and it resulted in turnovers.

Marchy is the most competitive player on this team, and the best player on the team. He has earned more than enough capital to have a rough game, and one in which one of his linemates gave a trash effort. At least Brad gave effort.

I do remember that exact play your talking about. lol

The middle of the ice was open for Pasta to jump into but he just kept floating wider and wider. I was like what are you doing and inevitably Marchy had to eat the puck because Pasta chose to drift away from the action. For me this is inexcusable especially given the talent and hockey sense Pasta has.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Brad was not bad, he was not perfect and his passing was off. Like Rask he was average, which is not what we expect. Bergy was not great either and Pasta left them out to dry all night by avoiding going to the dirty areas and competing. This line misses having Krug as the hybrid 3rd winger helping setting up guys and coming in late as another target. Clean up the passing and play simple. It looked like the Bergy option was not there all night for him either, which was strange. They need to match and be better then their stars, Oshie, Ovie and Backstrom.

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Brad was not bad, he was not perfect and his passing was off. Like Rask he was average, which is not what we expect. Bergy was not great either and Pasta left them out to dry all night by avoiding going to the dirty areas and competing. This line misses having Krug as the hybrid 3rd winger helping setting up guys and coming in late as another target. Clean up the passing and play simple. It looked like the Bergy option was not there all night for him either, which was strange. They need to match and be better then their stars, Oshie, Ovie and Backstrom.
good observations, I thought too that our boys let the Caps have their way in the neutral zone, far too many easy entries with speed, need to address that

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
He forced that pass to Pastrnak on the 2 on 1, that was pretty annoying.

I do think the effort was there overall so I am confident we see results tomorrow night!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
need him to get angry. despite all the change he has gone through over the years, he still needs to be a little ball of hate. The only difference is that these days he channels that hate into humiliating the other team with offense instead of cheapshotting them.

Let the hate flow through you, Marchy.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
In the regular season yes, but in the playoffs no.

95 points in 122 playoff games
56 points in 56 playoff games in the past 5 years

Yup this guy just doesn't have what it takes to perform in playoffs.

I get there's high expectations for him but sometimes players have a game where everything just feels off. I'm sure he will figure it out.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Two dumbass penalties.

I don’t care.
I believe one of them was when he gave Dillon a shot. But I also don’t blame him. Hathaway was full weight knee on marchys side here prior to it

The second one was a little meh but he also took a cross check to the head

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
If where down 0-2 the talk is probably all about how Marchand has been a no show

huge snipe in OT to shut the talk up and change the the series outlook

Reactions: inactive user

member 96824

Tale of two games for Bradley last night. Beauty of a goal in OT. From his postgame interview, it sounded like Bergeron gave him some business about those two penalties, and that lead to him reining things in a bit. We need you on the ice Brad!

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I believe one of them was when he gave Dillon a shot. But I also don’t blame him. Hathaway was full weight knee on marchys side here prior to it

The second one was a little meh but he also took a cross check to the head

Found it. This wasn’t even the call on Mantha but you have to think if it would’ve been called Marchy doesn’t do the silly stuff with the stick. I think they were trying to egg him last night and it was working up till he reeled it back in

Reactions: inactive user

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

I always chuckle when people have a go at Marchand. How many times have we seen him take a penalty that costs us a goal, only to come back and score a bigger goal later in the game? How many times have we seen him score the shorthanded goal that puts a knife in the other team? How many times has he literally put this team on his back? He delivers intensity and passion virtually all the time.

And before someone brings up the line change in G7 against STL, go ahead and be perfect today. Do everything to the max, make it count, and execute perfectly. Let alone no errors -- no wobbles even allowed. Please report back the time of day at which your perfection challenge ends. Full disclosure, I didn't make it to 9AM EST. Spilled the coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad