Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have no basis except intuition but I think Marchand has played his last game as a Bruin.

He has a NMC and you'd be hard pressed to get better overall value on a non-ELC contract than Marchand's deal. Why would he accept a deal out of town at this juncture?

Reactions: Spooner st

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I have no basis except intuition but I think Marchand has played his last game as a Bruin.
He's a hundred point scorer with quite possibly the friendliest contract in the entire league.

Unless we're getting a massive haul and he has Prongeresque demands to be traded, I don't see it.

Reactions: Spooner st

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i wouldnt care.
hes been a no show in the playoffs since 2011.
100 pt player with a finals like he had?? not happening unless he has a major injury.

Reactions: lextune

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
24 hours ago things were very emotional and there was anger over the botched line change that resulted in the CUP winning goal.

The draft is only a week away - and the B's are picking 30th. Is there anybody they really want to move up for? :dunno:

I can not stress enough the elephant in the room - Charlie wants his father to win the Cup at least one more time.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

hope you know I respect the hell out of you fenway, but on this issue im going to hope you are completely out to lunch :)

that said... im going to say ive watched marchand play the last 3 years... watched him put up 270 regular season points in 227 games {holy crap}

watched him put up another 44 points in 42 playoff games {choker???}

and im just going to say hes been one of the top 5 players in the game during that time blending above average defense and the best pest infestation in the league as a true 5 tool player

if we do trade him it better be for a wayne gretzky/eric Lindros return because this guy is mr franchise for us

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Wow that’s quite a prediction,Hey anything is possible,If Gretzky could be traded Marchand definitely could too.

love that line... if gretzky can be traded anyone can

lets remember that peter puck was in all sorts of economic trouble that saw him eventually end up bankrupt and in jail just a few years later. gretzky was sold by a convicted crook who would then continue to sell off other oiler players as he could no longer afford to keep them

in those days nhl teams appreciated and made money long term for owners... but operated at a loss more often then not as far as season-to-season cash flow is available and puck had a lot of problems with meat packing plan strikes... milk company shutdowns... and other very shady business practices

the next time gretzky was traded was as a rental when bruce mcnall was about to go down for his criminal activities {or maybe he already had} and gretzky was not going to resign with that gong show. so st louis rented him.

gretzky was never traded in a normal hockey trade... gordie howe wasnt... Mario Lemieux wasnt... Maurice Richard… bobby hull... bobby orr… Sydney Crosby... guy lafleur… nicklas lidstrong… ray bourque {that was a rental after he said he wasnt resigning}

you just dont trade all time greats... alexander oveckin… connor McDavid...

the exception is when the owner is a crook... or the player is a jerk that demands a trade

{and yes I challange people to provide names to argue against me... make your best case... lets see what names you want to come up with }

peter Forsberg... paul kariya… joe sakic… steve yzerman…

pretty much anyone that is argued one of the top 3-4 players of his time... no trades...

stan mikita… eddi shore... milt Schmidt... mike bossey… and obviously terry oreilly:)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
hope you know I respect the hell out of you fenway, but on this issue im going to hope you are completely out to lunch :)

that said... im going to say ive watched marchand play the last 3 years... watched him put up 270 regular season points in 227 games {holy crap}

watched him put up another 44 points in 42 playoff games {choker???}

and im just going to say hes been one of the top 5 players in the game during that time blending above average defense and the best pest infestation in the league as a true 5 tool player

if we do trade him it better be for a wayne gretzky/eric Lindros return because this guy is mr franchise for us

I WANT to be completely wrong but the Bruins have a track record on stuff like this.

The Jacobs box at TD last night was not a happy place

upload_2019-6-13_21-49-58-png.236379

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
love that line... if gretzky can be traded anyone can

lets remember that peter puck was in all sorts of economic trouble that saw him eventually end up bankrupt and in jail just a few years later. gretzky was sold by a convicted crook who would then continue to sell off other oiler players as he could no longer afford to keep them

in those days nhl teams appreciated and made money long term for owners... but operated at a loss more often then not as far as season-to-season cash flow is available and puck had a lot of problems with meat packing plan strikes... milk company shutdowns... and other very shady business practices

the next time gretzky was traded was as a rental when bruce mcnall was about to go down for his criminal activities {or maybe he already had} and gretzky was not going to resign with that gong show. so st louis rented him.

gretzky was never traded in a normal hockey trade... gordie howe wasnt... Mario Lemieux wasnt... Maurice Richard… bobby hull... bobby orr… Sydney Crosby... guy lafleur… nicklas lidstrong… ray bourque {that was a rental after he said he wasnt resigning}

you just dont trade all time greats... alexander oveckin… connor McDavid...

the exception is when the owner is a crook... or the player is a jerk that demands a trade

{and yes I challange people to provide names to argue against me... make your best case... lets see what names you want to come up with }

peter Forsberg... paul kariya… joe sakic… steve yzerman…

pretty much anyone that is argued one of the top 3-4 players of his time... no trades...

stan mikita… eddi shore... milt Schmidt... mike bossey… and obviously terry oreilly:)
Whatever ,the point is anyone can be traded was my point, if the return is good enough,I’m not saying they should trade him ,but would never say they wouldn’t.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I WANT to be completely wrong but the Bruins have a track record on stuff like this.

The Jacobs box at TD last night was not a happy place

upload_2019-6-13_21-49-58-png.236379

we will agree no team moves to its own drum beat stronger than our guys... and marchand has been in hot water before. I do feel he has embarrassed stuff shirt Jacobs on more than one occasion.

it would still be team suicide to trade him... bergerons point production is minimum 25% less when marchand isnt on the line... same goes for pastrnak... same goes for krejci... and of course same goes for Heinen and riley nash

anyone that has played with marchand these past 3 years has been nitro charged by the little rat. has he had a 5-10 game stretch of struggles here or there? I think I remember 3 suck struggles. I have a theory that hes wound pretty damn tight. I do think its possible he corks or uncorks sometimes in his personal life and maybe it effects his game. I admit, im not blind... ive seen him go off the rails

but this is akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater if they trade him. maybe the water got a bit cold during the last 2 streaks... we dont even get near a sniff of these finals if he isnt doing his thing earlier in the playoffs for us. we dont beat Toronto without him owning them in a couple of those games.

maybe we need someone else that can step up when marchand does struggle.... I thin pastrnak had a hand... not sure what Bergeron had... debrusk is young so I cut him slack and krejci didnt have much for linemates… so ok... none of them lit it up in the finals... but maybe its because none of them can light it up without a healthy marchand too.

mvp candidate... I say look what happens to us the second he struggles... hes clear cup my hart player over the past 2 years

unlike McDavid or hall... marchand actually evalvates the people he plays with to superstar status
{still cant believe what he did for riley nash}

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad