Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So McDavid everyone says is hands down the best player in the league. I can get behind that- the dude is otherworldly. That said, how many here, if it came down to a gritty playoff series, say like the one we are about to get involved in, would rather have Brad on your team than McDavid? Honest question- it would be a tough call but I am leaning towards Brad (the brain freeze line change vs the Blues notwithstanding) because while he isn't (and who is?) in McDavid's league as a skill player, I think he is a significantly better 200 foot player with more sand in his craw.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If this guy is snubbed for a Hart nomination it's a tragedy.
3rd in scoring in only about 80% of the even-strength + PP ice time of the other leaders.
7 GA on the PK and 7 points for.
No chance the Bruins make the playoffs without him.

He's also now 3rd in scoring in the NHL over the past 5 years combined.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Now that Toronto has no games left and no one can catch him, he is officially third in scoring this season, the highest Bruins scoring placement since... Pasta last year (but Thornton in 03 before that). If he is not a Hart finalist, I will be upset. Not that it matters so much, but I just hate injustice.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
I'm officially worried about him. Feel like every post-season ends with me being disappointed by his play. Team MVP this season, and yet he looked like garbage tonight. And all I can think is, "This happens a lot in the playoffs."

His brain just seems to short circuit when the playoffs start, just overthinks everything instead of making the simple play.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
So McDavid everyone says is hands down the best player in the league. I can get behind that- the dude is otherworldly. That said, how many here, if it came down to a gritty playoff series, say like the one we are about to get involved in, would rather have Brad on your team than McDavid? Honest question- it would be a tough call but I am leaning towards Brad (the brain freeze line change vs the Blues notwithstanding) because while he isn't (and who is?) in McDavid's league as a skill player, I think he is a significantly better 200 foot player with more sand in his craw.

McDavid and it's not even close

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
KISS

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid
dwight.jpeg

He’ll be back on Monday.

Bearcrap

Jan 29, 2004
Pembroke
I'm officially worried about him. Feel like every post-season ends with me being disappointed by his play. Team MVP this season, and yet he looked like garbage tonight. And all I can think is, "This happens a lot in the playoffs."
I think he's afraid to get hit in the playoffs. Regular season he's weaving through everyone, but now as soon as the puck hits his stick he's passing it off.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Brad an de Pasta end to simplified their game in PO.
Pasta got rob with the net off by Anderson! Bergeron lost and Pasta missed an open net from a dirty area!
Both goes in...and people have a different analysis of the game.
I still think Pasta on the top line is not suited for PO heavy and tight game. Call me crazy, but hey (37 and 63 ) a energy player up their, mixed with Pasta put in some O situations.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Cant see how anyone cam blame Marchand last night. The Caps pretty much bullied the Bruins out of the rink and set the tone early. Marchand made Carlson look like a high schooler on a couple different situations, but he did have some turnovers in the neutral zone as did many Bruins. Cassidy needs to prepare better for the next game. The stretch pass was there and they hit it a few times to no prevail, but if Im worried about anyone its Pasta, he seems to float way to much. Marchand he's the last of my worries against the Caps.

Reactions: inactive user

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If we don’t see selfish shooting Marchand we are in trouble. At the end of the season he was firing away.

Last night he has the puck on a clear 2 on 1. The defenseman correctly leans to Pastrnak so the goalie can take the shooter figure the angle and square up. This is Pee Wee shit.

Marchand not only can shoot from close range he’s got enough room to make a move and get the goalie to move. Instead he inexplicably passes to a covered Pastrnak and early at that.

It was a clear are you bleeping me moment.

I’m Cassidy I tell him I want you shooting the puck as much as possible which will get him aggressive and stop lally-dalling around looking to find a teammate.

Marchand played reactionary hockey

you play reactionary hockey you lose

get selfish Brad

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If we don’t see selfish shooting Marchand we are in trouble. At the end of the season he was firing away.

Last night he has the puck on a clear 2 on 1. The defenseman correctly leans to Pastrnak so the goalie can take the shooter figure the angle and square up. This is Pee Wee shit.

Marchand not only can shoot from close range he’s got enough room to make a move and get the goalie to move. Instead he inexplicably passes to a covered Pastrnak and early at that.

I’m Cassidy I tell him I want you shooting the puck as much as possible which will get him aggressive and stop lally-dalling around looking to find a teammate.

get selfish Brad

he has a good backhand shot, too bad he couldn't beat the goalie on that feed from 46. If Bruins are to win this series they need Marchand and Pasta to elevate their games.

Reactions: inactive user

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
he has a good backhand shot, too bad he couldn't beat the goalie on that feed from 46. If Bruins are to win this series they need Marchand and Pasta to elevate their games.
Yeah it would of been great if Marchy scored then, but to be fair to him he was right in on top of the goalie and he's one of only a handful of players in the league who could of picked that top corner. 99 percent of the league would of put that backhander right into the goalies chest.

Imo, If anyone is looking at Marchand as the reason the bruins lost game one they don't know their a@$$ from a hole in the ground. Every teams game plan is to try and slow Marchand down and 90 percent of the time Marchand still out-duels them. He's a world class player and the Bruins are lucky he dresses for them.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

get selfish Brad

I've said this before and it applied again last night. When Marchand is off his game, he's so far off it looks like he's on the take. I'm not implying he is, just that it looks like that.

That 2 on 1 was a good example. Marchand never gives up the puck that early if he doesn't need to. Plenty of room in front of him so he can get in shooting range and have options. Instead he just gives away the chance. A couple other times he passed directly onto an opponents tape. So far off from his usual MVP caliber play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad