Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
yeah, he'll be ok.

seemed like he hurt his hand punching ehlers' face. could be a minor thing.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
He's showing flashes since the All-Star break but he's still not there. If you look back the last few years, he churns out multi-point games with regularity, but that just isn't there right now. If he's picking up points, it's just the odd point here and there. He hasn't had a dominant game in quite some time.

Missed a pretty wide open cage yesterday, as did Wags. I was not shocked Wags missed it... was very shocked Marchy did..

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I am not worried about Brad not showing up

It's a bit of an odd year for Brad. Just by watching him I feel like he's been somewhat off his game for around 2 months now, whether that's been due to injury, illness, fatigue, simple bad form or all of the above, and he doesn't seem to be as energetic and commanding on the ice as he was last season.

But yet he's still on track to rack up 90-something points for the season, just shy of last year's impressive 100 mark. So he's still banking points quite consistently. I wouldn't say I'm worried about him, as he's well and truly proven he can step it up for playoffs, I just hope he's able to find that next level again when he needs to.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's a bit of an odd year for Brad. Just by watching him I feel like he's been somewhat off his game for around 2 months now, whether that's been due to injury, illness, fatigue, simple bad form or all of the above, and he doesn't seem to be as energetic and commanding on the ice as he was last season.

But yet he's still on track to rack up 90-something points for the season, just shy of last year's impressive 100 mark. So he's still banking points quite consistently. I wouldn't say I'm worried about him, as he's well and truly proven he can step it up for playoffs, I just hope he's able to find that next level again when he needs to.
He still puts in 100% percent every shift. I believe he will be fine.

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
He's been off his game ever since he skated into Jacob Trouba’s elbow. That was on November 29th and that is exactly when this “slump” started, he only has 5 goals since.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlon Brando

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
He's been off his game ever since he skated into Jacob Trouba’s elbow. That was on November 29th and that is exactly when this “slump” started, he only has 5 goals since.

That's an excellent point. I'd forgotten about that. His touch and puck control have certainly looked just a little off in the past couple of months. In this day and age you wouldn't think he could have an undiagnosed concussion or similar, but could he have some kind of lingering effects from the hit that are contributing to him struggling a little with his fine motor skills or ability to think quickly?

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
That's an excellent point. I'd forgotten about that. His touch and puck control have certainly looked just a little off in the past couple of months. In this day and age you wouldn't think he could have an undiagnosed concussion or similar, but could he have some kind of lingering effects from the hit that are contributing to him struggling a little with his fine motor skills or ability to think quickly?

I agree and he did get pulled by the concussion spotters and passed the protocol during the game.

Interestingly, he missed the next practice and was a game time decision for the next game with "flu like symptoms". Could be a pinched never or he is simple "off" but not concussed, either way it appears to correlate to the right time frame.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He's showing flashes since the All-Star break but he's still not there. If you look back the last few years, he churns out multi-point games with regularity, but that just isn't there right now. If he's picking up points, it's just the odd point here and there. He hasn't had a dominant game in quite some time.
That's more like it

Reactions: NDiesel

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
marchand has looked around 1/2 speed most the season and is still top 10 scorer

how damn good is this guy when he is fully healthy and feeling his mojo?

top 3 in nhl?
best in nhl?

honestly when you adjust for ice time... and realize McDavid is a 1 dimensional player... and the difference in scoring is still so close... I will take marchand as top player in nhl for the past 3 years now

Reactions: sarge88

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
marchand has looked around 1/2 speed most the season and is still top 10 scorer

how damn good is this guy when he is fully healthy and feeling his mojo?

top 3 in nhl?
best in nhl?

honestly when you adjust for ice time... and realize McDavid is a 1 dimensional player... and the difference in scoring is still so close... I will take marchand as top player in nhl for the past 3 years now

I'm almost but not quite with you on Marchand but calling McDavid one-dimensional is just trolling. The guy had 3 100-point seasons under the age of 23 on a team that was only good enough to make the playoffs once during those years. What is this magical sole dimension he inhabits and can I go there?

Reactions: 8thRoundPick

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm almost but not quite with you on Marchand but calling McDavid one-dimensional is just trolling. The guy had 3 100-point seasons under the age of 23 on a team that was only good enough to make the playoffs once during those years. What is this magical sole dimension he inhabits and can I go there?

he scores a lot of points and

he hits like a freight truck... oh wait, he doesnt?
he plays smothering defense... oh wait he doesnt?
hes a stud goaltender?
he turns his wingers into the next Wendell young or bj McDonald?
umm... he has the most motivational locker room speaches?
he... he... builds housing for the homeless???
goes on twitter and has incredible fun posts????

omg... even i didnt think he was really all that one dimensional when I said it, but as I try to find a second dimension I just realized
he really is

at least... its one hell of a dimension... fastest skating elite scorer I have seen... a real human highlight reel... exciting as hell... his speed intimidates the opposition and throws them into a shell. McDavid does tilt the ice and his team is successful when hes on the ice... hes fast and can do stuff at fast speed

but yes... hes one dimensional as a hocky player... if he did get a knee injury and lose a step of speed it would be a huge disaster

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury

hes a stud goaltender?

omg... even i didnt think he was really all that one dimensional when I said it, but as I try to find a second dimension I just realized
he really is

at least... its one hell of a dimension... fastest skating elite scorer I have seen... a real human highlight reel... exciting as hell... his speed intimidates the opposition and throws them into a shell. McDavid does tilt the ice and his team is successful when hes on the ice... hes fast and can do stuff at fast speed

but yes... hes one dimensional as a hocky player... if he did get a knee injury and lose a step of speed it would be a huge disaster

So much wrong with this post. McDavid is actually quite strong defensively, and makes everyone who plays with him better. Leon potted 50 last year, and a large chunk of that was basically tap-ins from McDavid feeds. His leadership qualities shouldn't be shunned either - players are on record for saying how he plays the right way and leads by example. One dimensional? LOL, ok.

Back to the actual topic at hand - Brad.

That deke & assist on Pasta's goal was just filthy. So happy to have him on this team, even if he's had his moments where he stepped over the line at times.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

hes a stud goaltender?

he really is

Some dimensions simply cannot be quantified easily, but in addition to being dominant offensively, he makes every single player on the ice with him better.

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad