Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Marchand is a future Hall of Fame candidate
Probably needs two or three elite seasons statistically to get there. However, I have a feeling if Brad Marchand is a borderline HHOFer, he will not get in because he is hated by so many people.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Don't know if this was already posted by IMO it's worth repeating.

Built for Boston | By Brad Marchand
Built for Boston | By Brad Marchand
brad-marchand-built-for-boston-bruins

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
why arent we saying more good $4it about this guy... trying to get him some respect he has deserved? 20 days since the last post in his thread here?

I just posted a thread over in the nhl forum here... I call it brad marchands 2019 calander year

I will share it here for you all... its criminal how we arent singing this guys praise every freaking day

83 games played... 45 goals... 74 assists... 119 points {thats 3rd best in the nhl}

a plus minus of 30 on the good side {thats 3rd best in the nhl}

the second best team record in the nhl under his leadership
a trip to the cup finals under his leadership

3rd in even strength points

hes 26 points better than any other bruin... didnt taylor hall get a mvp award because he was so much higher than the next best player on his own team?

brad marchand is the most underrated superstar in the nhl. his numbers are out of this world... superior to McDavid and draisaitl who cant get their team into the playoffs and are miserable plus/minus guys...

theres going to be no love for marchand in the hart voting again
its a shame

go ahead though... tell us hes a dirty player
{oh by the way he's in everyones head space and has them running around trying to get even}

being a rat... actually is a positive

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
why arent we saying more good $4it about this guy... trying to get him some respect he has deserved? 20 days since the last post in his thread here?

I just posted a thread over in the nhl forum here... I call it brad marchands 2019 calander year

I will share it here for you all... its criminal how we arent singing this guys praise every freaking day

83 games played... 45 goals... 74 assists... 119 points {thats 3rd best in the nhl}

a plus minus of 30 on the good side {thats 3rd best in the nhl}

the second best team record in the nhl under his leadership
a trip to the cup finals under his leadership

3rd in even strength points

hes 26 points better than any other bruin... didnt taylor hall get a mvp award because he was so much higher than the next best player on his own team?

brad marchand is the most underrated superstar in the nhl. his numbers are out of this world... superior to McDavid and draisaitl who cant get their team into the playoffs and are miserable plus/minus guys...

theres going to be no love for marchand in the hart voting again
its a shame

go ahead though... tell us hes a dirty player
{oh by the way he's in everyones head space and has them running around trying to get even}

being a rat... actually is a positive
Leads the league in even strength points so far this season too

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Leads the league in even strength points too

maybe for this season I think you are right... in my post I was looking at the calander of 2019 and both Patrick kane and connor McDavid were higher when you factor in the last 1/2 of last season

not too shaggy of company though

marchand is second in ppg… drasiatl was technically second in points but played more games

also McDavid/draisaitl both average 22 mins a game... marchand is under 20... thats an extra 160 mins of icetime for the 2 oilers. thats like an extra 8 games for them

marchand is a better scorer in equal time played

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think it is pathetic that Brad is not on the All Star team.

He's arguably could be the MVP of the league at the half-way point and he's coming off of a 100 point season.Its a shame he's not in it,he's one of the top 5 players in the league and the NHL has taken the stance of a little league team where everyone is deserving of a trophy.

News Flash to Gary Bettman if your team doesn't deserve a player in the all-star game, then they shouldn't have one. The fans want to see the best of the best not the best of the worst!

Although Im not too upset because he can use the break to get rested up for the second half which I'd just as soon see as well as Bergy. So no votes for Bergy.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think it is pathetic that Brad is not on the All Star team.
Amen! It just shows what a farce the All-Star game is. The All-Star game is supposed to showcase the league's best players. When a super elite player, Marchand in this case, is not on the team for whatever reasons then the game loses meaning and relevance. The player selection is a farce. The game itself is a farce. Ovi knows this, and that is why I think it's great that he is skipping it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Amen! It just shows what a farce the All-Star game is. The All-Star game is supposed to showcase the league's best players. When a super elite player, Marchand in this case, is not on the team for whatever reasons then the game loses meaning and relevance. The player selection is a farce. The game itself is a farce. Ovi knows this, and that is why I think it's great that he is skipping it.
The All Star game would be so much more fun and interesting with our Marchy there !

Reactions: missingchicklet

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
NHL should put an end to this abomination.
There's a need to display the all stars... but not in the present format.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Something weird going on with Marchand and the all-star game. Him not being named to the team is one thing, but they also put Bergeron's name on the ballot for the fan vote-in over Marchand when Bergeron has only played a quarter of the Bruins games. Marchand is 3rd in scoring, it just doesn't add up. You'd think that maybe he requested not to but that makes no sense considering Ovechkin came out and said he wasn't going when he was named a captain, and Larkin has also requested fans don't vote for him (or at least said he'd prefer the rest).

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Good story in Athletic about Bruins Mom's trip. Apparently Neely asked each Mom to share a funny story about her son at a group dinner.

Funny quote from Marchand's Mom:

"You sit there and say, ‘Oh, Bradley. What are you doing? Please don’t do that,’” she said with a laugh. “He’s always been a player to play with a bit of an edge because of his size, so it’s worked for him, but at other times, when he was younger, he didn’t know where the line was to stop crossing. When he crossed that line it was a little bit stressful, but he’s learned from those situations and he’s grown up a fair bit.”

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think this might have posted some time back, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth 3 minutes or so of your time. Also, notice how he pronounces his last name :laugh: I wonder if he was winding Jack up a bit with that

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad